on 15 October 2013
purchased this alongside my new camera so both batteries were brand new.

i had it within a couple of days, the battery is far better than the original battery which came with the camera. the generic brand battery lasted almost a third longer than the original Nikon battery, at less than a quarter of the cost.

Nikon spec is:7.4V 1030mAh 7.7Wh

DSTE Generic spec: 7.4V 1600mAh 11.8Wh
on 5 January 2014
Purchased this as a backup battery for my D3200. I was a little concerned after reading reviews from Nikon users stating that third party batteries were no longer working after the last firmware update. Can state that this battery is encoded and works fully with the camera and Nikon charger. (05/01/14)

Only used battery a couple of times. Works perfectly and seems to display the same capabilities as the original battery that came with the camera. For £8.58 a real bargain.
on 9 December 2013
Battery charged fast and worked like a charm UNTIL in the middle of my trip my brand new Nikon D3200 refused to recognised it. It displayed error that battery is not a Nikon battery and cam not work with it so unfortunately I had to return this product (and still waiting to hear for my refund).

No offence to the seller (as it did get delivered in time and worked ok for 2 weeks) but in my option it is better to spend extra ££ and buy original in stead of missing an important event or shots.
on 21 January 2014
I should have looked at the other negative reviews and not just the price. I get 10 minutes of use out of this battery before it dies. The seller has some real quality control problems.
First didn't hold a charge, neither did the second.
on 6 April 2014
Just ordered a second spare one for my d3200. Works fine on latest firmware don't see too much difference in life between this and my Nikon supplied battery
on 7 November 2014
Battery died on us a few days ago, now won't charge. Junk tbh (6 months old or so) stick to branded.
on 18 May 2015
Bought this item back in September last year to have a spare Battery while on Holidays. The battery worked fine for about 7-8 charges, went to charge my batterys recently as camera had not been used in a while. Original Nikin Battery charged without any Porblems but ths spare Battery would not charge. I would expect to get a few more charges out of it than what I actually got.
on 5 January 2014
I bought two of these, one is great. The other I think I need to bin.

For the one that's great, it lasts longer than the Nikon branded battery and had no issues with it. It's been through a few charge cycles and it's an awesome battery, of which I'll buy more if need be rather than the branded to save money.

The other battery I had gets stuck in place. I'm not sure where the problem is, but I think I misalignment of a fraction of a millimetre on the battery contacts means the only way to get the battery out is knock my camera against a hard object to free it. I have a Nikon D5200, so don't really want to have to do this!

So I'm giving 3 stars because from my experience there's a 50% chance of getting a badly fitted battery. I will be buying this battery from the seller again however, as the price is incredible, when they fit they're perfect, and the seller was prompt.
on 29 May 2014
The charge light stays on constantly; I have left it plugged in for about 36 hours and it still flashes that it is still charging. Seller offered a refund but I need to check it the refund has gone through.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 September 2015
For years I have had friends tell me they would never use a "copy" battery as they may explode, won't work properly, have limited life, etc. I have used copies in all my cameras, satnavs, etc. and have never had a dud, an explosion or a failure but I have saved a lot of money. This battery in common with all the others I have bought does its job and is a lot cheaper than the one with a camera manufacturers name stamped on the side.