5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly after firmware update
Purchased this as a backup battery for my D3200. I was a little concerned after reading reviews from Nikon users stating that third party batteries were no longer working after the last firmware update. Can state that this battery is encoded and works fully with the camera and Nikon charger. (05/01/14)

Only used battery a couple of times. Works perfectly and...
Published 6 months ago by Rob73

3.0 out of 5 stars One great, one bad
I bought two of these, one is great. The other I think I need to bin.

For the one that's great, it lasts longer than the Nikon branded battery and had no issues with it. It's been through a few charge cycles and it's an awesome battery, of which I'll buy more if need be rather than the branded to save money.

The other battery I had gets stuck in...
Published 6 months ago by Adam Wilcock

3.0 out of 5 stars One great, one bad, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: DSTE EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Nikon Coolpix P7000, Coolpix P7100, Coolpix P7700, Df, D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200, D5300 Digital Cameras (Camera)
I bought two of these, one is great. The other I think I need to bin.

The other battery I had gets stuck in place. I'm not sure where the problem is, but I think I misalignment of a fraction of a millimetre on the battery contacts means the only way to get the battery out is knock my camera against a hard object to free it. I have a Nikon D5200, so don't really want to have to do this!

So I'm giving 3 stars because from my experience there's a 50% chance of getting a badly fitted battery. I will be buying this battery from the seller again however, as the price is incredible, when they fit they're perfect, and the seller was prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly after firmware update, 5 Jan 2014
Rob73 (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews

Only used battery a couple of times. Works perfectly and seems to display the same capabilities as the original battery that came with the camera. For 8.58 a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the original battery, 15 Oct 2013
Paul braid (UK) - See all my reviews
purchased this alongside my new camera so both batteries were brand new.

i had it within a couple of days, the battery is far better than the original battery which came with the camera. the generic brand battery lasted almost a third longer than the original Nikon battery, at less than a quarter of the cost.

Nikon spec is:7.4V 1030mAh 7.7Wh

DSTE Generic spec: 7.4V 1600mAh 11.8Wh

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product for the price, 6 April 2014
Just ordered a second spare one for my d3200. Works fine on latest firmware don't see too much difference in life between this and my Nikon supplied battery

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold a charge, 21 Jan 2014
I should have looked at the other negative reviews and not just the price. I get 10 minutes of use out of this battery before it dies. The seller has some real quality control problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars It worked OK until Nikon cam refused to accept it, 9 Dec 2013
Battery charged fast and worked like a charm UNTIL in the middle of my trip my brand new Nikon D3200 refused to recognised it. It displayed error that battery is not a Nikon battery and cam not work with it so unfortunately I had to return this product (and still waiting to hear for my refund).

No offence to the seller (as it did get delivered in time and worked ok for 2 weeks) but in my option it is better to spend extra and buy original in stead of missing an important event or shots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fully charge it., 29 May 2014
The charge light stays on constantly; I have left it plugged in for about 36 hours and it still flashes that it is still charging. Seller offered a refund but I need to check it the refund has gone through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 4 May 2014
Gordon Groves (South Lakeland, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
A good buy. Just as goods as the original at a fraction of the price. I was able to buy two and now have plenty power to last any long photo job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 2 May 2014
This battery is long lasting and a very good price. It arrived quickly and I have been pleased with it's performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine in the Nikon D3200, 1 May 2014
Mr. Richard The book boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have several of these from this supplier now. These batteries work well and appear just as good as the Nikon originals. The one I had last year has been recharged many times and still gives me a full days shooting. Overall a very good replacement battery.