5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly after firmware update
Purchased this as a backup battery for my D3200. I was a little concerned after reading reviews from Nikon users stating that third party batteries were no longer working after the last firmware update. Can state that this battery is encoded and works fully with the camera and Nikon charger. (05/01/14)

Only used battery a couple of times. Works perfectly and...
Published 14 months ago by Rob73

3.0 out of 5 stars One great, one bad
I bought two of these, one is great. The other I think I need to bin.

For the one that's great, it lasts longer than the Nikon branded battery and had no issues with it. It's been through a few charge cycles and it's an awesome battery, of which I'll buy more if need be rather than the branded to save money.

The other battery I had gets stuck in...
Published 14 months ago by Adam Wilcock

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly after firmware update, 5 Jan. 2014
Rob73 (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DSTE EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Nikon Coolpix P7000, Coolpix P7100, Coolpix P7700, Df, D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200, D5300 Digital Cameras (Camera)

Only used battery a couple of times. Works perfectly and seems to display the same capabilities as the original battery that came with the camera. For £8.58 a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the original battery, 15 Oct. 2013
Paul braid (UK) - See all my reviews
purchased this alongside my new camera so both batteries were brand new.

i had it within a couple of days, the battery is far better than the original battery which came with the camera. the generic brand battery lasted almost a third longer than the original Nikon battery, at less than a quarter of the cost.

Nikon spec is:7.4V 1030mAh 7.7Wh

DSTE Generic spec: 7.4V 1600mAh 11.8Wh

3.0 out of 5 stars One great, one bad, 5 Jan. 2014
I bought two of these, one is great. The other I think I need to bin.

The other battery I had gets stuck in place. I'm not sure where the problem is, but I think I misalignment of a fraction of a millimetre on the battery contacts means the only way to get the battery out is knock my camera against a hard object to free it. I have a Nikon D5200, so don't really want to have to do this!

So I'm giving 3 stars because from my experience there's a 50% chance of getting a badly fitted battery. I will be buying this battery from the seller again however, as the price is incredible, when they fit they're perfect, and the seller was prompt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold a charge, 21 Jan. 2014
I should have looked at the other negative reviews and not just the price. I get 10 minutes of use out of this battery before it dies. The seller has some real quality control problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product for the price, 6 April 2014
Just ordered a second spare one for my d3200. Works fine on latest firmware don't see too much difference in life between this and my Nikon supplied battery

2.0 out of 5 stars It worked OK until Nikon cam refused to accept it, 9 Dec. 2013
Battery charged fast and worked like a charm UNTIL in the middle of my trip my brand new Nikon D3200 refused to recognised it. It displayed error that battery is not a Nikon battery and cam not work with it so unfortunately I had to return this product (and still waiting to hear for my refund).

No offence to the seller (as it did get delivered in time and worked ok for 2 weeks) but in my option it is better to spend extra ££ and buy original in stead of missing an important event or shots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dud battery waste of time., 15 July 2014
i biought one of these batterys looks like the real thing but after charging it, it would not work. At first i thought it was my charger but on close inspection realized that the charge time was very short. I thought it may be the charger but the charger charges my other battery with no problem. the amount of charge the battery accepts is enough for me to take about four pictures.Anyway thinking i had charged the battery i went on holidays and by the time i got home i sat down to try and get a replacment, but soon was made aware the time to get a replacment had expired. I would not by one of these batterys ever again. your better off spending the extra money and buying the one from nikon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well at a 1rd of the price., 3 Dec. 2014
I use this with a D5300. It works well and holds its charge well. I get a little more out of this than the original Nikon battery and its a 1/3 of the price or an original battery.

The only downside is the charger recognises the battery is fully charged by displaying an error light (fast flashing light) rather than a fully charged light (solid light), however it does fully charge and I have no problems with it. (note i have a US charger)

If your wanting a 4rd party battery, this is one to try in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great wee battery, 18 Sept. 2014
Catherine Collins "Love to Read" (Strathaven, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Arrived quicker than advised and I got using it straight away. So far so good, the camera recognised it and I have been shooting away with confidence. I'm nowhere near exhausting the battery yet but after 250 shots the three bars are still there with no sign of drag or lag. Excellent value for money and a great battery for full time use or as a back up.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fully charge it., 29 May 2014
The charge light stays on constantly; I have left it plugged in for about 36 hours and it still flashes that it is still charging. Seller offered a refund but I need to check it the refund has gone through.