5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for backpackers
Bought this for travelling round Cambodia and Vietnam - saved a tonne of washing as we did two people's washing easily and quickly each night. Much quicker than washing without a Scrubba and also doubles as a dry bag during the day for storage. Highly recommend!
Published 9 months ago by Charlie Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not good enough
Published 1 month ago by Ian Dewsnap

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for backpackers, 22 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
I am currently travelling in a motor-home with my husband and have used this for 95% of our washing over the last two weeks and it is great. My husband who has problems with his hands can even use it on a flat surface and the warm water and movement gives his aching hands and wrists a soothing work out (bonus). over the next year this is going to be great and save us money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone who travels., 29 Jan. 2015
Length:: 7:45 Mins

I use this when traveling and even very long backpacking trips. It saves me a ton of time and money, having to find (and wait) at the local laundromat or carrying extra clothes with me.

With all the money I'll be saving, I estimate this thing will pay itself off in 15-20 washes.

Pros:
- Cleans very thoroughly.
- Easy instructions that printed right on the bag.
- Relatively fast to get a "load of laundry done."
- Easy to use--not too hard physically.
- Lightweight yet surprisingly tough.
- Packs down small into a tiny package.
- Innovative: remarkable how they took old fashioned technology and made it accessible.

Cons:
- Difficulty breathing when placed over my head. On the plus side I felt like an astronaut with his helmet on.
- I wish they'd put a little loop on the inside end of the bag. That way when you're finished with the Scrubba you could hang it upside down to dry. Right now it's rather awkward to hang to air dry, which is a must to ensure it doesn't get moldy.

HINT: This is best for very small "loads" of laundry. It's not designed to wash huge amounts of clothes. Think "1 or 2 people" who are traveling, not entire families with kids. Unless you're very devoted.

HINT x2: I would not suggest washing "delicates" (e.g. bras, lacy things, etc). The little nubbins are designed to really scrub (hence the name) your clothes clean, so don't be surprised if the life of your clothes degenerates faster than usual when using this guy. Best for traveling but probably not daily use.

HINT x3: It will be tough trying to wash something large, like a pair of jeans or a especially a jacket. If you have clothes that are too bulky, it will take forever (unless you're okay with being patient), but you'd probably be better off finding a laundromat for those bulky items.

5/5 stars. An absolutely beautifully engineered product. This is a must-have gadget for anyone who travels, especially to third-world countries or places where you don't really want to spend the day at a laundry facility.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not good enough, 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
Failed on second use. The concept is good and would work well, but on only the second use, the air value split and failed, leaving water squirting out as it was used. This not only makes a mess (can only then use it in the shower tray or bath), but the rate of water loss was loosing maybe 20-25% of the water within 30 secs. A good idea, but expensive and qualty is not up to scratch, which destroys the point.

Edited to update. I have received a refund from Amazon, which is fine and expected. I also managed to e-mail the UK distributor who was immediately responsive and wanted details of the failure. It may well be that there was one bad batch of manufacturing. As I say above, the concept was good and works well. I would consider buying another unit prior to taking my next trip where this would be of use based on this experience, but am not willing to buy one well prior to needing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for campers that need to wash the essentials, don't have a lot of water and need to agitate the clothes, 30 Nov. 2014
Charles Ashbacher (Marion, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
First off, this bag is very light (5 oz) and easily folds up into a tight bundle that is only about six inches wide and slightly over one inch high. That makes it easily transportable on a hiking trip or other wilderness camping. It is easy to use; it takes only a small amount of water and a few minutes to wash your smaller clothes.
The steps are to fill, roll and clip and then use the valve to deflate before rubbing the clothes on the internal plastic washboard to agitate the dirt and grime out. I found it much easier to take out as much air as I could while I was in the roll and clip phase, for it can be a little difficult to get the valve to open enough to let large amounts of air out. The clips are solidly attached so that there is no chance that you will somehow lose them.
Once you are convinced that you have agitated the clothing enough, you then pour out the water and rinse the clothes to eliminate the soap residue. That step is pretty easy, if you put a great deal of pressure on the bag you can wring quite a bit of water out of the clothes before you hang them up to dry. I did this by simply sitting with one cheek on one end of the bag and rolling my hips over to simulate a sequential wringer. That technique worked well for me, a lot of water was removed before I went to working them by hand.
The packet states that you will use between 0.5 and 1.5 gallons of water per load done, I agree with that, but only if you are frugal as it is easy to use more water than that. The visual instructions on the package show the user washing socks, underwear and a t-shirt. If you want to wash and dry those clothes, then this bag will allow you to do that under almost any conditions. Larger items such as pants and thick sweatshirts will be more problematic.

This item was made available for free for review purposes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissappointed, 4 Feb. 2015
Noah Joubert - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
After having read so many good reviews on this I decided it to put it on my wishlist for coming trips. I happily admit that it washes clothes quite well and can function as a waterproof bag.
Unfortunately the built-in valve simply broke after using it twice. The valve ripped open on one side and now everytime I press the bag to wash clothes water squirts out of the hole. I had notice the first time that I used it that the plug doesn't perfectly fit into the valve and everytime I pressed the bag the plug fell out again. I guess this must be a faulty product otherwise some other people would've had similar experiences. Nevertheless considering the price of this product would like to get a refund/replacement. Though that might be difficult considering that I am travelling through South America now... Would love to hear back from the seller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for backpacking and camping, 18 Nov. 2014
PT Cruiser - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great little invention for backpacking and camping but I've found it super useful for washing delicate items like silk blouses and bras, by hand. I used to wash these items in the bathroom sink but it always seemed like just swishing them around a little didn't get them really clean. Then there was the problem of keeping enough water in the sink. After washing garments in bathroom sinks in several homes over the years I find that few stoppers in the bottoms of sinks really hold all the water for very long when letting items soak. This Scrubba works so much better. I just add water and Woolite or Ecover Delicate Wash, add my clothing items, remove as much air as possible, seal the bag and roll it up and clip it together. Then I let out any additional air with the little valve and begin squishing the Scrubba bag around with my hands with it on a firm surface. It has little raised nubs on the inside to help agitate the fabric inside and some grippy circles on the outside to keep it from sliding around on the surface while you're washing. Oftentimes, I let the clothing items soak for a little while before agitating.

I usually wash for about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how dirty the clothing items are. This bag seems to do quite a good job of getting clothing clean. I've cleaned bras, and silk blouses and night wear and sweaters. I was surprised at how large of a sweater will fit into this Scrubba bag. It has a little clear window on the side so I can see what's going on inside. It's kind of like looking through the window on our big washing machine. When finished, I empty the dirty water from the bag and rinse
the items under the faucet. The only time I used the bag for rinsing was on a bulky sweater because it seemed easier that way to get out all the soap.

I will surely take this along when camping but also when staying in hotel rooms. This folds up so small that it's easy to pack. But it is going to get a lot more use right here at home for hand washables because it's so convenient to use. I love innovative products like this.
A sample was provided for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, camping or cleaning dirty workout clothes., 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
Brilliant, brilliant product. Its the size of a 13L dry bag and can wash two days worth of clothes in under 5 minutes. I am going to the World Scout Jamboree in Japan and so will need 3 weeks of clean clothes. Frankly, I don't think any traveler can afford carry that much. The Scrubba has a slight learning curve as you work out how much water is needed and how much soap to use. Everything from proper detergent to shower gel works to get clothes clean. This is a great "luxury" item while traveling because it means no messy hand washing. The Scrubba really doesn't use a lot of water meaning no backbreaking lug to move water around. Its also great after a work out as you can throw those rancid clothes in the Scrubba and stop them from stinking everything else out. Best £40 you'll spend.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great idea, but mine sadly arrived with a manufacturing ..., 12 Dec. 2014
Michael (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
It's a great idea, but mine sadly arrived with a manufacturing flaw in one of it's seams that caused it to leak. I'll probably try again as we get closer to the summer.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Scrubba is now useless, as water spills out everywhere, 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Scrubba 'Wash Bag' (Kitchen & Home)
I had high hopes for the Scrubba as I was starting a 4 month trip around Africa. However, the first time I came to use it the valve that lets out the air split as I pressed the plug into it. I wondered if maybe I could mend it with some tape and hold it in place, however moments later plug part of the valve completely split off. The Scrubba is now useless, as water spills out everywhere. Very disappointing and for how expensive it was I would have expected better quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›