on 2 September 2013
I actually liked this book at first. I thought that the way the vampires in this book were portrayed was quite different as well.
But there were some good sides and some downsides too.
The good side was the actual beginning of the book, and maybe the middle.
Now I would have given this book four stars or maybe even five stars if it wasn't for that typical thing where the main character thinks there's nothing amazing about herself, but most men are attracted to her, and by the end she's amazingly beautiful. Not only was this cheese added but then the ending was rushed. The fact that Violet-the main character-was a virgin made her even more beautiful, and if any of the male vampires found out, they would want her, that added a little mozzarella to that cheddar. But then at the end the description was rubbish, and it was rushed and seemed to only 'big up' the main character...
There was one thing in particular. Violets younger sister Ariel, was turned into a vampire, and Violet had no idea what was happening to her, but instead of being more persistent, and trying to find out what was wrong with her sister, she decided to go ice skating, but she didn't actually go ice skating, instead she ditched her date-whose dad ends up being randomly killed- and rode off on the back of a motorcycle with a boy who hadn't been so nice to her.
There's only so much cheese I can take.
This is just my opinion, but I thought the ending in particular was really predictable and typical...
on 5 June 2013
If your thinking about reading this book do. It's a great tale. Not your ordinary vampire love story. It's a must read, so don't miss out.
on 12 June 2013
I loved this book and the characters i will definitely be looking forward to reading the next book . Well done Brighton Hill.
on 22 July 2013
Where do I start?? This book borders on the ridiculous! It's basically a mix between Grease, West side story and a dreadful vampire book. I can't believe the author hasn't been sued!!

The story does not flow and parts actual leave you thinking 'when the hell did that happen?' And 'what are they on about now?'

The conversation between characters is dull, boring and flat. The main character is a moron and her love interest needs a lot of work. No chemistry at all. There's no humour or quirks that make you want to continue reading. The description is poor and there's no pull to continue. You are told this dreadful story, rather than living it.

There are a few 'gangs' (a term which is used loosely and repetitively throughout the entirety of the book) and all have names that are laughable, which honestly will have you cringing.

I had to stop around 76% for the sake of my sanity. This book is absurd... seriously bad.
on 15 June 2013
A good story and not what I was expecting.. At the start I thought it was a Grease re.vamp but was good.
on 28 June 2013
this book is very interesting and descriptive, it gives the reader a clear view of each characters appearance, i think the story was smothered with romantic and cliff hanging scenes leaves you glued to the intimate passion between violet and radley, however i couldn't help notice the book lacked reality and an original theme, as it seems to me especially in the event of the race between spider and radely was remarkably similar the race which occurs in th movie grease? maybe a coincidence however it seemed to me. the books title is also misleading to b honest the story should include more gotchic sacrifices and vicious neck biting. i think i need more horror and..vampires. furthermore it was a fascinating read and perfect for a teenager
on 12 August 2013
What I mean by flitty is that the book seems to jump from character to character from paragraph to paragraph and its a bit hard to concentrate as, as soon as you get the feel for that one I.e violet you are all of a sudden her dad. the story has potential but I don't think I will rush for the next.
on 15 October 2013
once I realised that it required kindle and would not work in any other software i didn't read it since i don't want to be restricted to one system.
on 17 December 2013
Bit too childish for me didn't enjoy it thought it was really silly ... But probably good for 15 yrs
on 14 October 2013
I just didn't get the book at all and in a way I was glad that the book was free for me to purchase