on 21 September 2013
This is a genuine company based in unit 80, Woodside Business Park near Woodside Ferry terminal and Hamilton Square station, Birkenhead. The staff are very pleasant and curteous.

The usb connection will play almost any format thrown at it except for flv and ogm files and will also play most audio formats - I haven't tried dts but it doesn't appear to be compatible according to the instruction book, which is a strange mix of badly worded, chinese transcribed, english with odd pages written in proper english. There is also a mix of metric and imperial distances regarding distance to screen and corresponding size of image. IBIS tell me these figures are incorrect. They're certainly contradictory.

Unfortunately usb video is set to 4:3 and cannot be changed so don't expect a 16:9 video to retain its shape. Subtitles default to on with no means to turn them off. There is no option to select a particular audio track. For my use the limitations render the player unusable. This is a chinese player and ABIS is a reseller. The book says firmware updates can be done from the usb stick but there is no website supporting this. ABIS charge £10.00 more plus postage costs for buying this player through Amazon than from another easily found projector website. I only noticed this after paying around £16.00 more than I needed to. I hate it when suppliers do this.

The video quality is nothing to get excited about. The pleyers resolution is 800 x 600. It is not HD. It will compress 1080p and 720p video but again the quality is nothing special.

The sound from the speakers is above average volume and the fan noise unintrusive.

If you're after a cheap projector with the ability to show large images - in excess of 10 feet is possible - then this may be for you. VGA, HDMI and composite attachments are possible. Be aware of the usb limitations and a picture that is reasonable rather than impressive. Also make sure the room isn't too light (even at night) as you won't be able to see the picture properly. You will need a pair of AAA batteries for the remote. Also ensure there is at least six feet from lens to screen and that your screen is wide enough for the minimum picture size the player will show in focus (approx 50").

I'm happy to update this with answers to any questions. You will see I am the only genuine Amazon purchaser (out of 7 reviews) to leave a review which I find rather suspicious. It's also not clear whether I have used an authorised seller site. The seller states there is one unit available but this is always the case. I viewed a different projector by ABIS on Amazon and it showed two different sellers with one each available. When I viewed them both were ABIS Technology but one was £20.00 dearer than the other. As ABIS appears to be the primary authorised seller this is odd. There are other sites that maintain a consistent price and stock quantity for this item from what appears to be the same seller... ABIS. They are also cheaper to purchase from.
1111 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2013
Fantasic , arrived in less than 24 hrs. Great hooked up to my xbox, great sound, for the price it is a fantastic piece of kit,
on 22 February 2014
Bought this projector unaware what to expect.... Gaming and movie nights are now an experience with this projector. The image it gives is great, however don't expect this sort of image in a light room- it needs dark conditions to get the best picture. The ports on the back feature everything you'll need: HDMI, VGA,USB,.... The accessories included work well- a nice surprise to find a range of wires to accompany the item. One of which was a decent enough looking HDMI cable, which works fine when connecting my XBox to the projector. One thing I will point out is that the image makes the projector look a lot smaller than it actually is- it is a quite a big size and weight. But overall an amazing purchase. Any questions, do ask.
on 26 September 2013
I am really pleased with this projector. I have never had personal use of any kind of projector then I bought ABIS. I thought it would be hard to set up and use. Much to my surprise I found it easy to set up and to use. The spare parts were a bonus. I'd recommend this projector to anyone for the price this machine is loaded. The graphics are awesome in the dark. The input for sound is standard. When you increase the volume too high you hear a humming sound. I plugged in a speaker that we had in the basement and the kids went wild with the sound and graphics. The projector is compatible with our game console, PS3, and TV, DVD player, PC, Laptop.
on 31 January 2014
i bought the item, at first the controller didn't work. left it for 10 minutes and it burnt it self out (huge fire risk) and 3 hours later the projector stopped working. the customer service was poor and trying to get a refund was a painful.
on 13 March 2014
First time buying a projector and I haven't been disappointed, very good picture and hooks upto my xbox and all my other devices without any problems.
on 9 August 2014
Poor quality. Do not buy. Screen resolution is shockingly bad. The item is made from cheap plastic. Nothing nice about this.
on 9 January 2014
It was a very good item but think seller did not discribed as item is . It got very good picture quality fan doesn't really sound that load I hve got no words to say its perfect
on 12 September 2013
Movie nights with the family are even better now! We found it really simple to use and hook up, which is good because we aren't too tech savvy! It hasn't given us any issues and it looks great.
on 10 May 2014
I used this product when it first came out, and I have loved it ever since and I'm very pleased with the result. It clip top quality is nothing to get excited about. The pleyers resolution is 800 x 600. It is not HD. It will pack 1080p and 720p movie but again the top quality is nothing special. I would suggest this.