4.0 out of 5 stars well worth getting
Wow what a father's day present this was from my darling little daughter and who knew a new Black Sabbath album would turn out as good as this, I mean it is a given that people are excited about this album almost as much as it is a given that there will be a certain amount of backlash. Really the most we should have been hoping for is an OK album which we all could have...
Published 8 months ago by Anoosh Falak Rafat

3.0 out of 5 stars Rewriting their own history...
What is this that stands before me?"

According to the album title and track listing it's 13, the long-awaited studio album from Black Sabbath and first to feature Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler for thirty five years.

But based on `End of the Beginning' and the subsequent seven tracks, it could also be a musical homage to Black Sabbath...
Published 10 months ago by R. Muir

‹ Previous | 134 35 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Prezzie, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
This is a Christmas present and therefore I can only say that the delivery and the packaging were very good. I was asked for this album so I know that it will be played Christmas day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Sabbath by numbers, 1 Oct 2013
I. I. L. Surridge (Amersham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
I have played this many times now and I still cannot get the right feeling from it.
Other Sabs albums have an instant hook to them for me but this seems to just go through the motions.
The nod to Planet Caravan being the most obvious there is a sort of "heard it before and better" feel to the album for me.
So a slightly disappointing effort from the lads probably some if it down to the politics and health issues I suppose.

3.0 out of 5 stars indefinitive ; undefined ; unclear..., 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
arrived thru postbox ; opened up; two vertigo-design discs ; booklet with somewhat blurred pics ; first disc around 50 mins - was expecting ' heaven and hell ' epic sounds - but nothing like it ; second disc around 15 mins - 'peace of mind' had a hint of recurring melody to it !
okay, even if this is 'dark' , it still lacks the clarity as in 'master of reality'
maybe a next work will clarify things...

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the wait, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
Good job I got the deluxe copy ,best 3 songs are on that disc . First 4 tracks all sound much the same , hard to tell the difference .
Seeing them in December hope they don't play too much off this CD .
Unlikely to play it again , save your money !

1.0 out of 5 stars Just made for Ozzie's and Nostalgia's Sake!!!!! Very Dissapointing!!!, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
The long awaited album from Black Sabbath 13 is a tale of two Black Sabbath Re -Unions.
There is the one here with Ozzy and the Ronnie James Dio Heaven and Hell(Black Sabbath all in Name) and the two could not be more distant from one another.
13 tries too hard to be like the first few albums that Sabbath made which were classics but the Band under Tony Iommi had moved a lot more forward than those days with Ronnie James Dio.
The problem here is that the Band are trying to recreate the old days with Ozzy Osbourne and it all fails dismally and it all comes across that it has all been done for nostalgia's sake.
End of the Beginning and God is Dead are not a patch on Bible Black or Heaven and Hell with Ronnie Dio and the riffs all seem like that are trying to hard to recycle the old riffs from the first three Black Sabbath Albums and all seems rather downbeat and tired.
All this Album does for me is to tell me how much Ronnie James Dio is missed as he would be turning in his grave if he ever heard this.
Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler are the driving force behind Sabbath and i wouldn't mind betting that in reality even they are disappointed by this release and are thinking what direction do we take now for the Band as Ozzy Osbourne still has a voice but it is nowhere near as powerful as it was and we wish Ronnie Dio was still here as we could have made a much better album.
All in all it all seems like a Black Sabbath Nostalgia Trip which has failed disastrously.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring...No Oomph...MOTÖRHEAD'S Aftershock New Album KICKS IT'S ASSSSS!!!!!!, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
Some tracks are just crying out for some dark eerie organ bits to send you deeper but it truly is just one long track....so many better bands now...other people have written about each song, i can't be bothered...

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Derivative, Forgettable, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
Ozzy Osbourne is the only 'singer' I know that gets praised simply for not sucking. He may sound slightly better (thanks to umpteen studio takes no doubt) than he has in years but he's still awful. His snail-paced enunciation throughout this contrived material makes already unnecessarily long crushingly dull. If you can stomach Ozzy you might be able to get through this all style no substance mess. Long boring filler songs like "End Of The Beginning", "God Is Dead?", "Age OF Reason", etc...all sound like the same bloody song. Ssssssssslow and ploding. There's only two songs hat rise above mediocrity- the "Planet Caravan"-like "Zeitgeist" and the bluesy "Damaged Soul". I listened to this disc 2 times through and I doubt I will ever do that to myself again. I'll keep the two good songs and forget the forgettable rest. Fail.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavily Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
This sounds no different to me than much of the old stuff. So it doesn't surprise me that people are saying complimentary things about it. These I guess are the same fans who carp on about Metallica 'selling out' because they don't try to replicate Master Of Puppets. I like to see bands evolve, innovate, change.........the likes of Rush or Dream Theater (or Metallica!) pushing the envelope and being as creative as they can. The production on here is great, cheers to Rick for that, but the music is Sabbath by numbers and I will not be wasting my money, I'll just play the songs they are copying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
Deluxe cover was flattened and looked used. New? Returned this item and purchased it elsewhere. And got a new untampered one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog Shit, 9 Oct 2013
What can I say?
Woeful from start to finish from old men that for some reason decided this will
be a good idea. Cool crisp sound and heavy enough but honestly who could actually Rock to this? My friend is a massive Sabbath fan and he told me after listening to it all weekend on first purchase he felt sick at how tuneless and boring it is.
Some bands just dont need to come back honestly, take note led zep and Floyd.

‹ Previous | 134 35 36 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xf82b9e4)

13 by Black Sabbath (Audio CD - 2013)