5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men's Eurotrek Walking Boots
Conducted extensive research before buying (reviewed over 100 brands of walking boots). Based on research, selected these walking boots.

Published on 14 Nov. 2009 by Book Worm

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Boots! Shame they crack up!
Published on 8 July 2012 by garfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men's Eurotrek Walking Boots, 14 Nov. 2009

Product Feedback (after 4 weeks of daily wear): Very good quality waterproofed leather. Boot lace eyelets & hooks also of high quality - hooks have rounded edges = no frayed laces! Very comfortable & great value for money.

12-Month Update (30 Sep 2010):
These boots are far and away the best boots I've ever bought. After a year of daily fairly-rough terrain walking, the leather still looks great, is still waterproof, very comfortable and the soles are hardly worn down.

Hi-Tec is to be congratulated for the Eurotrek Waterproof Hiking Boot (can't vouch for other models!). I would have no hesitation in buying an identical pair when these ones finally wear out. Verdict: highly recommended for daily moderate-level (3-5 miles on rough ground).

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money on more expensive brands, these are probably the most best boots you could buy for under £400!!!, 25 Mar. 2015
tricky911t (London England) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a quick cheap replacement whilst I was waiting for a decision from Brasher customer services as my 9month old Supalite GTX II had cracked on the creases despite being treated and cared for properly. Well what a surprise these boots turned out to be, not only are these a few grams lighter than my Brasher Supalite GTX II's (yes I weighed them), more importantly they remain waterproof even in the heaviest rain on the side of various Welsh mountains provided you dont step in a puddle or bog that lets water go over the top of the boot.

These are also a wider fit than the Brashers and most other boots, which means your feet wont ache as quickly by being squashed up when wearing a couple pairs of socks.

I walk around 7 miles a day in the countryside with my dog mainly around Thetford forest but also spend time camping in Wales, so its important to have kit that works and is not just marketing hype. I've spent a fortune on boots over the years more than my £600+ Superlite Quasar Tent (another fine product if I might say so) which is on my back in the rucksack when camping and hiking and I do like walking in the rain unlike most.

The sad thing is, the quality of more expensive boots have declined over the years not that you would know it if from reading what various walking reporters have to say about boots in their magazines. These Hi-Tecs compare to a pair of leather boots I used to have over 20 years ago that are sadly not made anymore which I would rate as my best pair to date, with the HiTecs followed closely in 2nd place, so that give you an idea of how the quality of boots in general has declined over the years.

These boots just dont leak, its the coating on the boot which makes sure of that, the grips good once they have been walked on for a few miles and can easily handle wet rocks on the side of a mountain. If I were a squaddie and had to choose my own kit, these would be in the kit list!

I dont rate fabric boots at all even with copious amounts of waterproofing on them as its the seams which tend to let water in first and theres just too many seams in fabric boots compared to leather boots like these. Not suitable for crampons but I have a different pair for crampons as walking on ice is a different kettle of fish.

If you are a serious hiker/walker these boots wont let you down and as I said above, I walk a minimum of 7 miles a day far in excess of most reporters/bloggers giving their opinions in various magazines. I will be buying another pair of these to keep as spare or backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, 1 Mar. 2009
T. Johns (UK) - See all my reviews
These boots fitted the bill perfectly for walking in rugged terrain and kept my feet and ankles very secure. I would reccomend to the first time buyer of such shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Boots! Shame they crack up!, 8 July 2012
Having had a recent bad experience with Viking Rubber Dry Boots that quickly developed cracked soles I thought I would give Hi-Tec a try and bought a brown pair of their boots which came to me at the end of March this year for a very good price of £32. I loved the boots using them for dog walking in the morning each day when the grass is wet and my feet kept lovely and dry. I liked them so much that I ordered a black pair, as they were again on offer but at £36, and put them into store against the time when I had worn the first pair out. That was last week and I thought that it would be years before I needed them. Today after walking in the park my left foot felt a little damp. I took my boot off and my sock was soaking wet. Looking at the boot there was a crack right across the sole. Having read other feedback I thought that I would be easily able to return them to Amazon but it appears not. So into the wheelie bin they've gone to be removed tomorrow to landfill. But never mind I have a new pair which may last more than three months! So it seems that boots that cost £32 last three months, thats £10 a month. Bargain? Can anyone reading this recommend a manufacturer whose boots actually last more than 3 months and at a price lower than £10 a month.

This review now moves on to the 5 October 2012 and now deals with the black pair of boots mentioned above which I bought on the 4 July and have lasted just under 3 months again! Today its been raining again and I got another wet sock. Taking out the liner to the right boot I found a wet mark which looking at the sole showed another crack around one of the grips. So into the bin they go. Normal use dog walking no mountains etc. Comfy but another crappy product. In fact the Cardboard box each pair came in will have lasted longer than the boots themselves. Nice boxes rubbish boots.If they were £10 a pair I would buy them as they last 3 months but no more at £30+. So now to order some more boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars These Boots Were Made For Walking, 11 Sept. 2010
Kengol (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
Originally bought a pair of these waterproof boots from an outdoor shop 2 years ago. After trying many other pairs these were by far the most comfortable with soft leather hardly needing any breaking in. Decided I needed a new pair and found Amazon to be the cheapest at the time of purchase. I have never ordered footwear online before as my size can vary between a 9 or 10. As I knew size 9 fit me I went ahead and ordered them for the coming winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Men's Eurotrek WP, 6 Oct. 2009
A great sturdy walking boot. This has really been put through it's paces as my son is doing a physical course at college! There was no need to break them in and they are fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars good boot, competitively priced, 16 Mar. 2015
I chose these boots as I had previously had a pair in this colour/size which I had purchased at a 'outdoor' store at a much greater price. No boots last for ever, so its really a question of getting a good fit and choosing one which lasts a reasonable length of time before either the tread runs flat and using then in wet muddy conditions becomes useless because you can't get any grip and when they split somewhere and let in water, so you then might as well wear sandals!

After being a good fit which these are for me, the waterproof bit is my most important criteria. My previous pair of these lasted about 18 months before they split on the top along the crease line. I'd used then daily to walk the dog, so they got a lot of wear, and the tread also wore down pretty flat.
This current pair are doing well. Bought them in November 2014, daily dog walking usage, still water proof, no signs of cracking on the top crease, and the tread is holding up well. Only niggle with this boot is the tread pattern, when you've been through the mud, cleaning it out of the tread afterwards is a bit tedious, a less complicated tread pattern would be nice.
I've had much more expensive boots, different brands, in the past, they split along the crease line on the top of the boot just the same, and last about the same time period, so on a price per boot basis, this boot is hard to beat! I find it a comfortable fit, but that’s an individual thing, if you're at all wary of buying over the net, go try out one in an outdoor store, & then buy it on line, it'll probably be much cheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking, 15 Sept. 2009
P. Strudwick - See all my reviews
I purchased these boots for my son who was going on his first walking holiday in the Lake District. He found them so comfortable that he still wears them when he goes out in the evenings now that he is back home in Essex. Certainly they appear very good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars waterproof up to a point, 8 Sept. 2011
Good features: these boots wore in really quickly; are light while providing reasonable ankle support; having 3 eyelets and 3 hooks is a good balance allowing the boots to be laced up comfortably; the air-holes in the inner sole allow moisture which has found its way into the absorbant under-sole to be wicked away - up to a point; leather construction allows the boots to be regularly greased.

Bad features: the cushioned middle-section of the tongue is not aligned in the centre of the tongue when you lace up the boots, at least not for my fairly normal feet (i.e. my feet are neither particularly arched, nor absolutely flat); the outer edges of the tongue are very thin, and clearly the weak-spot in allowing moisture to enter the boot when walking through wet bogs and shallow streams.

Are the boots really waterproof? During a 7 hour walk in the rain in Norway, my feet had become soaked after around 4 - 5 hours. It then took me 2 days to dry the boots out, and after that they quickly became wet again inside, even during relatively mild wet conditions, and despite heavy greasing.

Conclusion: the price is reasonable and you get what you pay for. For my tough hut-to-hut tour in Norway, I should have selected a more expensive and higher spec pair of boots. For less demanding walking, these boots are a good compromise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Boots, 15 Mar. 2012
Peter T. Hill "Prophill" (Leicester - England) - See all my reviews
Whilst I would not use these boots for long distance walking, for training and short distance, less than 15 miles they are excellent value. The soles do wear quicker than more expensive heavier duty boots but I would and will buy another pair when neccessary.

Eurotrek Wp Brown - 4