on 1 May 2013
I buy this cd every year, and there are always some great tracks on it ( like the cd on each issue of Songlines) but this year was unbelievably good value too, as it normally costs £8+! Good move!
on 7 May 2013
I found this CD most enjoyable; the variety of artists and the music brilliant. I listened to artists I had never heard before and am now following closely to increase my collection.
on 10 April 2013
I have only recently become a reader of the excellent world music magazine, Songlines, and enjoy the excellent CDs that come with each issue. This album is at a marvellous bargain price and its sixteen tracks a good intro to world music.
on 31 July 2013
Why does mainstream radio play so little world music? Compilations like this show that there is some wonderful work available it jut gets so few air plays.
on 16 January 2014
A great diversity of World Music here - this must be the pick of the very best recent music, at only $3 this is a gift horse !
on 22 April 2014
It is a good album to have. It is is not the recording of the awards concert but it has the best of it and probably some of the songs performed during the awards ceremony.
on 16 June 2013
Sometimes collections are good, sometimes not so good, for me this is a not so good but that is mainly because the tracks I like I already have and the one's I don't like I would not bother with. My version has gone to the charity shop.
David
Ps it is cheap, so not much lost and it does do what it says music from around the world, so for those that want an introduction it is not to bad.
on 19 March 2014
The magazine us terrific and a free cd often has a real surprise. Thus had so e good tunes but in trying to show the award categories loses something.
on 26 April 2014
This is a great album with lots of diverse music tracks. Great way to experience differing music styles and learn new genres
on 24 April 2014
This is an outstanding collection of music, from the first to the last, interplanetary sounds that tweak the senses, great