on 2 April 2013
I have just downloaded this book to my iPad. I haven't tried the recipes yet but so far I approve. Books Ive researched so far mostly contain a great deal of 'spicy' ingredients. I don't do spicy and just wanted plain recipes that were not so basic that they became patronising. I don't need chapters devoted to preparation etc and this book is just as it says in the title. No pictures but since most are often artfully rendered and not true depictions then not necessary.
I liked the 'Tips' and 'Variations' at the close of each recipe. The only thing missing, because I am in the UK, is an explanation of which cup size is used, American cup or standard? Some recipes for the liquid use cup measurements and some pint measurements, and for the dry ingredients the same mix of measurements, cups and on on occasion ounces. It would be perfect if all the measurements had the equivalent in brackets but thats just being picky especially as I know it very often doesn't equate exactly.
I will add to this review once I have tried some of the meals, and hopefully upgrade it to 5 stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again