on 13 August 2013
Bought this bike thinking it was a 'good deal' for a 6 speed folding bike. Wrong. Clumsy, badly made, difficult to fold and unfold, scant instructions, parts break off under minimal pressure, chain malfunctions, gears malfunction, seat is uncomfortable, feels like a child's bike, not an adult's, too small and too short, cheap looking, embarrassing, ultimately. Also, not that light, and not that compact when folded, it's still an effort to fit into a hatchback. Practiced several times and it still takes me up to half an hour to get it ready to ride from folded, and you need a strong man to do the final fold of the front wheel - it will not budge easily!!!

Do not waste your money on this. Worst bike I've ever, ever, owned. My mum has a fold up bike of a different make (a better make), and it's far, far, better than this one, in every way. It's also lasted her years.

This bike is a complete and utter con. Also known as 'Venturax Stowaway' Bike, and has been offered in the papers as a 'deal.' It isn't.

Stay clear you do not need this headache
on 7 July 2013
Bought this to retrain my balance as I hadn't ridden a bike for a long time (around 15 years). It obviously folds up so it is pretty easy to transport in a car, though I discovered that it won't fit the boot of a Toyota Aygo (in case you were wondering!). It is pretty heavy so I wouldn't recommend you carry it very far and it is an awkward shape to carry folded as well. The instructions are rubbish, they only tell you the procedure for folding/unfolding, so it is up to you to work out which plasticky bits should be removed and how the latches work. Actually the hardest thing was screwing the pedals on! The tyres were flat when it arrived so you will need a pump to pump them up. I used a RING compressor that I bought for my car.

Riding-wise it seemed fine to me. I didn't notice it being unstable as a previous reviewer noted, but then I haven't ever ridden a proper adults bike to really compare it. The gears were sufficient for commuter speeds, and the brakes were okay as well. I did find the seat sank down a bit but I think you just need to make sure the screw latch is fairly tight before closing. It probably didn't help that I weigh 90 kg however!

Finally I'm 6 foot and to be honest if I was going to commute any distance, I would buy something slightly bigger. It's doable at 6 foot, but not great. I would say if you are 5' 10" or less or have short legs than you should be okay.
on 28 June 2013
It does exactly what it says on the tin, as it were, nothing more and nothing less. I wouldn't recommend it to someone with little to none bike riding experience as it is certainly not suitable for someone without confidence in their riding.
I've only had one issue which was the seat slowly sinking as I rode but tightening a few screws should sort that out.
on 28 July 2013
I'm 167 cm long and I still feel uncomfortable when riding it especially the saddle is like a rock. needs someone shorter than me. The weight is too heavy. There is also the curvature in the front handlebar.
on 7 May 2013
The bike arrived on time,looked good, with all parts,(apart from a left-hand thread pedal)had sent two right-hand thread pedals, e-mailed them to ask them for a left-hand thread pedal -if possible, they sent another right-hand thread pedal- OOPPS!! Luckly I had another left -hand thread pedal spare from another bike.
Would recommend them to others though.
on 3 October 2013
The bike had to go back ,it was badly made and would not stay together,if we had keep it I don't think it would have lasted long being .very disappointed .very happy with the refund service.
on 14 September 2013
When this bike arrived, the tire was already flat tire. I tried to fix it but the quality of tire is terrible. It is made in C. The tire puncture repair kit couldn't use for repair it. Now I am buying new inner tubes for this bike from Amazon. Difficult to fold and unfold plus poor instructions. Handle is not stable even you tight it enough. A part (the plastic cover of foundamental part of pedal) fell off when you touch it and not fit again. I thought I can ride this bike next day of arrival but after the bike arrived I have never ride it. Therefore I cannot comment on gears and brake system. Sorry to say but I already feel waste of money.
on 9 September 2013
This bike was not fit for riding, weak joints cheap tyres. Bits floating around in the box on delivery.
Even the handle bars were bent.
on 9 August 2013
I bought this to put in my car & to get some exercise while on a break. It arrived on time & I got my partner to put it together, as he's an engineer it was a breeze for him & he reported no problems or missing parts. Its simple enough to fold, but be aware of catching cables & I kept trying to fasten the clips around the wrong way. It just about fits in the boot of my C1, although I had to unlatch the back seat, not a problem as I'm the only one in the car. It is unstable compared to a normal bike but should not be a problem, I would not recommend some one learning on this as a first bike. I live in a windy area & have not been effected riding it, it has very low gears so no problems going up hill, can't peddle fast enough down hill. The chain slipped off with while I was unfolding it, I'm told its because I must of peddled backwards. The top of the bell fell off but it just pushes back on & on my attempted second ride the front tyre was flat, turned out to be a crap valve, an inner tube was pinched out of a disused child's bike. The bike would certainly be fine for commuters, leaving their car on the out skirts of town. I agree that you would not want to carry it far but the whole idea is that it can be taken on a train or bus folded, with no extra charge. The only real disappointment is every time I click on it, the price has jumped up.
on 26 August 2013
I both this byke while a go for my seven years old grand sons birth day.He was riding the byke only ones.The byke was damaged,problem with the pedal bracket(loose and manufactores mistake),problemwith the gear bog etc.
I am very disapointed,my grand son as well.Very pure quality and waisted of money.Shame.