5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly creative and fascinating music
What can I say, this has to be the most interesting and creative album I've listened to in a long time. When you play this its like taking a journey through music, it involves so many influences and interesting sounds, that keep changing with every song, almost like jazz. That said, this is definitely a record you need to listen to from start to finish, the songs work...
Published on 14 April 2013 by sven skottke

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't enjoy it
A little more pretentious than I was able to cope with. Not enough of a music fan to enjoy so much music without melody or verse.
Published 21 months ago by Kevin Scoles

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good album, 5 Aug. 2013
Fan of the now de-funked Beta band for a long time - so really looked forward to getting this album from the band's frontman Steve Mason. And it doesn't dissapoint - coule of the smaller tracks on it - not quite sure why they're there as in my opinian they don't really add much, but overall the album is suberb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time by Steve Mason (2013). A review by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh., 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time (MP3 Download)
Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time by Steve Mason (2013)
A review by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh.

I bought Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time by Steve Mason last week and can honestly say it has proven itself to be a deeply empowering, rewarding and uplifting lyrical and musical experience. I keep going back to it and playing it from start to finish. It cruises and glides magnificently and is without doubt my album of choice from 2013.

Each time I listen to it I rediscover bits of myself and how I used to think back when I was at my most creative as a writer. I really needed that to happen. Everything that the song's music and lyrics are playing and saying has resynchronised me with me, the world I'm in and all I have lived my entire life to be.'

Seriously folks, if you want to feel alive and fully reconnected again. Buy yourselves or someone you 'dig' a copy of Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time by Steve Mason. I can assure you that good things will happen :) ...

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, 11 Aug. 2013
S. GOWDY (Renfrew) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time (MP3 Download)
Great album from ex Beta Band main man , takes a few listens to get into , songs are very varied in style

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Steve Mason Album Yet!, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time (MP3 Download)
Excellent album full of interesting and varied tracks. This is the best solo Steve Mason album yet. If it had another "Dr. Baker", or "It's All To Beautiful" on it, it would rise above the Beta Band offerings. Good olde worlde LP style cover too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smorgasbordly wonderful, 16 May 2013
Papalamour "papalamour" (caernarfon. Cymru/Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time (MP3 Download)
A big wonderful splash of colourful meaningful wonder:) This is such a pleasure to listen to. Bit miffed that i bought it as mp3.. now going to have to think about buying it again as a physical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time (MP3 Download)
Missing The Beta Band? Steve Mason's solo work doesn't disappoint and fills that hole. Wonderful, mature album. Catch him live if you can!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Monkey Minds In the Devil's Time (MP3 Download)
One of the most complete albums I have heard for a long time.... Buy it , you will not be disappointed....

5.0 out of 5 stars A real pleasure to listen to..., 26 Mar. 2014
Great album, a real grower.

I'd not heard of Steve Mason until this year, so I'm no die-hard fan or anything.

I think this would appeal to many different tastes and has good longevity. Track 4 'Lot of Love' is a beautifully written song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fave album of 2013., 28 Nov. 2013
Best piece of work that Steve Mason has done! Brilliant songwriting and thought provoking unlike a lot of throwaway music of today. Start here if you want to listen to any of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 Jun. 2013
Brilliant album this, have listened to sm's music since 3e.p's and has always delivered the goods, highly recommended. Also like the 'divine comedy' theme sleeve/cd design!