5.0 out of 5 stars Thinsulate Knitted Beanie Hat - Black
This is an excellent product. If you're looking for some head gear for these forthcoming cold days then you will not do better than this, especially for the price. As the product states it has all of these features:

1) Thinsulate Lined - Very warm and states that it doesn't absorb water
2) Acrylic Fine Knit Hat - This helps to trap and hold body heat...
Published on 22 Oct. 2011 by R. Ratcliffe

2.0 out of 5 stars review
Item came, swifly. However I noticed that the stitching inside the hat was ripped. It was too cheap to spend postage sending back and will be used in cold weather for running so not a big issue.
Published on 27 Jun. 2012 by Nico_Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinsulate Knitted Beanie Hat - Black, 22 Oct. 2011
R. Ratcliffe - See all my reviews

1) Thinsulate Lined - Very warm and states that it doesn't absorb water
2) Acrylic Fine Knit Hat - This helps to trap and hold body heat
3) Turn-Up Edge - The Turn-Up Edge allows you to turn it down to cover your ears and the back on your neck. Just whats needed on very cold days especially when cycling.
4) One Size - As stated. One size fits all, although more suited to adults.

Overall this is an excellent product and very worthy of your money. TOP BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars one size fits all?, 29 Oct. 2012
Can't really complain, it's a wooly hat and at the price, very good value for money, just a shame that it doesn't fit. Goes on but sits a little too high up and doesn't cover my ears. Just bear in mind, if you have a large head like myself it won't fit. Gave it 4 stars as one size clearly doesn't fit all in this instance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value., 20 Jan. 2012
Just what's needed for the winter months, a good warm hat makes all the difference, good for all situations, great for sports training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 17 Jan. 2012
yrc young (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for our 15 year old grandson and he was delighted with it. Good quality item. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinsulate Hat, 27 Dec. 2011
Mr. Alexander N. Guberman "Alexgolf54" (Pinner, Middlesex UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this hat to keep my bald head warm! It fits nicely under my cycle helmet & leaves me comfortable without it feeling tight.
Unlike pure wool hats, this keeps my head warm without it sweating.
Delivered on time & great value

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a cold winter, 30 Oct. 2012
Just bought a second one of these after buying one last years. The fit is snug and keeps your ears nice and warm in any cold weather. Mostly use it while outside jogging or playing football and never feel cold on my head.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent hat: I have a very large head (I'm ..., 15 Nov. 2014
tightasda (nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
excellent hat: I have a very large head (I'm over 6 foot) and getting hats to fit me has always been a problem; I bought one of these a few years ago and constant washings have not affected it. It still fits ( a bit better actually) and its perfect for head insulation. I wear it mainly in the garden in winter (I've taken early retirement) but also, of late, indoors i.e. with thermal socks, vest, t-shirt and jumper, temps in the '50's are no problem at all (I'm not skint, but I live alone and why burn unnecessary fossil fuel? Plus I grew up with coal fires and prefer a nippy atmosphere to the warm sleep-inducing fug CH creates).

At this price, with free postage, its one of those fantastic bargains you only appreciate after a few years (I have a similar indestructible jumper but that was a birthday present from someone now deceased, so I can't source it). I've just bought another one (its no more expensive to buy 'em serially one at a time - free postage - and one will fit thru any letter box, so no waiting in or cards thru the door, as there might be if you bought in bulk).

A long review for such a cheap item - but that's the point; if you want an excellent woolly thermal hat that is ultra cheap and will last forever and you think you might be challenged in the head size department (I hold no brief for the smaller head size of course), then this is your man.

2.0 out of 5 stars review, 27 Jun. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Design seems to have changed...., 2 Mar. 2013
I bought this hat as a replacement for one I've owned for about three years, and which was getting a little battered and threadbare. Unfortunately, Thinsulate seem to have changed the design of the hat. Firstly the material seems slightly harsher and less soft than the old version. But worse than that, the new "one size" seems to be noticeably smaller than the old version. My previous hat was snug, but quite stretchable and was easy to pull down quite low over my ears and neck in really cold weather. The new version of the hat is quite tight, almost uncomfortably so, and when I pull it down, it has a habit of slowly creeping back up and exposing my ears and neck. I'm constantly having to adjust it. Have the company been a bit cheeky, and tried to save on manufacturing costs by reducing the amount of material in the hat? I hope that it's just because the hat is new, and after some wear maybe it will become more comfortable - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
UPDATE: I've now had the hat for about three weeks (the review above was done some time after it was delivered) and unfortunately, despite me wearing it constantly whenever I go out, it shows no sign of stretching to a more comfortable size. Although it's warm, it's still uncomfortably tight, and for that reason I've downgraded my score to THREE stars. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars bought 3 beanies on Amazon and this is the best, 18 Mar. 2011
I bought this Berghaus Unisex Adult Spectrum Warm Fleece Hat Green and this Beechfield Suprafleece Summit hat (5 colours) before buying this Thinsulate Knitted Beanie Hat you're considering - this is by far the heaviest and warmest and it also cover my ears - don't make my mistake, just get this one!