5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable
The synmat inflates with just a few pushes on the schnozzel bag. It deflates quickly and is easy to repack.
Published 15 months ago by Ninnie

1.0 out of 5 stars Bursting at the Seams.April 2014.
Published 5 months ago by Motty

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mat, but really so much better than theSynMat 7, 16 Mar 2014
W. Dohne (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exped SynMat 9 camping mat UL, LW yellow camping mat
These mats appear to be the "state of the sleeping" mats at the moment, which is reflected in their price.
I have both purchase the SynMat 7 and 9 but - admittedly - have not tested them outside.

My initial impressions are these:

- The SM 9 appears to take up 2 - 2 1/2 times the space of the SM 7. This makes a considerable difference.
- When lying on both mats, I could hardly find a difference in comfort (they are both very good.
- Both mats are "light build" (the material appears to be very thin) and I am looking forward to find out how they are holding up with regards to punctures.
- Unfortunately both mats have a smooth surface which might possible result in "nocturnal sliding" if using the mats on a sloping surface.

If I would have to recommend 1 of these two mats to a friend, I would always suggest to buy the SM 7 unless camping at sub zero temperatures is planed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 23 May 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Bursting at the Seams.April 2014., 2 April 2014
Motty (Teddington middx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exped SynMat 9 camping mat UL, LW yellow camping mat
I am currently travelling Europe on a motorbike. I have purchased one of the mats as its light and compact. I have used it around 40 nights in six months. First off it was very comfortable but very slippery and reasonably warm. More recently and as of today it is no longer usable. The internal seams that form the corrugated surface have begun to rip apart and I now own a giant lightweight Blimp. I will admit that I have inflated it by mouth ,but even with the manufacturers pump moisture will be present in air. It's seven months old and now only fit for the bin. It's cost me around 2.00 per night to sleep on it. Not much value in that. Buyer Beware. Let's see what the supplier has to say now.....I will update this review with the outcome.
UPDATE 1June 14. The suppliers" Above and Beyond "have failed to reply to my emails. Looks like Take the money and run.
Overpriced Junk for one weekend a year use probably made in an Asian sweatshop by 12 year olds.