5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Not Find Another Like It!
This is a lot of fun! There are very few dud tracks and the concept of having the answer disc following the original is just what is wanted. Very few answer records became hits; the only ones that I can think of are Oh Neil and (I'm The Girl On) Wolverton Mountain. Recommended if you're a bit weird like me!
Published 13 months ago by Bruce the Moose

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect
As other reviewers have posted, this is quite a good selection of answer songs. In fact I much prefer this to Bear Family's answer CD collections from some years ago. However it suffers from 2 songs included here -

Published 16 months ago by Aj Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Not Find Another Like It!, 22 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect, 12 July 2013
Aj Watson (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)

Firstly, Carole King's 'Oh Neil' is mastered TOO SLOW. The original recording timed out at 2:05 - on here it runs for a sluggish 2:10. This faulty version first appeared on a bootleg Carole King compilation on the Marginal label in the early 90s, and unfortunately it's been used as a source by a number of grey area CDs ever since. I have the original 45, as well as Bear Family's reissue of the song on their Neil Sedaka box set which runs at the correct 2:05 speed.

The second error concerns Johnny Tillotson's 'Poetry In Motion'. This is not the hit version, but an unissued alt take which first appeared on a Tillotson 30 track CD issued by Ace UK in the 90s. It's easily distinguished from the hit version by the line "for all the world to see" at 1:15 into the song. The hit version (which is also more polished than this take), uses the words "a-swaying gracefully" in that spot. Ace later corrected their error by issuing the correct version in their London-American series.

Those errors aside, this is an excellent collection of answer songs. There are a few personal favorites of mine missing, however value-wise and sound-wise, it doesn't get much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the questions you ever wanted to answered, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)
Of course this album is all about fun though some answer records were slightly more serious. There were three track I had long sought - Oh Neil by Carole King (very funny) Enormity in Motion by Simon Crum [Ferlin Husky] (very politically incorrect) and Joanne Campbell's Wolverton Mountain answer (very southern). I can't remember anyone having a hit with an answer record but some fine singers produced good efforts. The stand-out tracks being by Billy Fury, Skeeter Davis, LaVern Baker and Carla Thomas. A really enjoyable wallow in nostalgia.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)
Its screwed up all the way when the original go hand in hand with the answers-this was first tried on the Skeeter Davis album Here's The Answer.
There's plenty of answer CDs out there which don't remind you of the song being answered

5.0 out of 5 stars very good album, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)
brings back old memories of my teenage years. Some that I have not heard for yonks. Great songs,great music,highly recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer to Everything ?, 26 Jun 2013
Howard Griffiths (Radio station gtfm 107.9 or www.gtfm.co.uk tune in and enjoy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)
I knew these's were out there some where in a big record vault locked away , to try and put my own collection together ? Impossible ! thank you Amazon for picking up on this one , you have given one of the best collections of all times . c/d 1 & 2 even go's further with 3 answers to SAVE THE LAST DANCE & TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY BABY,on c/d 2 , normally it was only two songs to most. Used this in a 1 hour segment on my record show last Sunday , got lots of good feed back on how good it was . Leaves me only to say buy and enjoy if your a "retro collector" .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 12 Jun 2013
M. A. Dunnington (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)
This is a really great collection. Titles that have been missing for collectors for many, many years. The sound reproduction is excellent and even stereo copies where available. Praise to the compiler, too many collections are compiled by those ignorant of the material. Not here, a really superb effort and many thanks from collectors everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov 2014
fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok collection, 23 Oct 2014
Funny

5.0 out of 5 stars WHY I LOVE IT, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs (Audio CD)
I like "answer" songs. I always have and this CD has good selection including one I have been searching for for decades.

I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs
I Put The Bomp - Great R'n'R Answer Discs by Various (Audio CD - 2013)