4.0 out of 5 stars One of her more serious books
Miss Maya is so wise, her books make you laugh and cry. So many statements of hers are so obviously true but they are the sort of things you don't realise yourself until you read them. I love her essay about people saying things like "I hope you don't take offense, but..." I only wish I had the courage to say the things she does!
Not as good as Even the...
Published on 23 Jan 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good book for dipping into
Published 3 months ago by judith fullerton

4.0 out of 5 stars One of her more serious books, 23 Jan 2001
By A Customer
Not as good as Even the Stars Look Lonesome, in my opinion-I would recommend that one more for someone starting out as it is more humourous and perhaps easier to read. I still loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars How totally uplifting, 15 May 2000
By A Customer
This books is thoroughly uplifting! Whenever I am feeling down or faithless, I read it from cover to cover and I feel restored. The book is a set of chapters which describe Maya Angelou's feelings about certain things, such as the way we act towards each other, how the world has changed, how we should think about being a women (although the book is equally suitable for male readers).
It encourages you to look at people and the world you live in with a different perspective, encouraging you to be kinder and more respectful - to yourself as well as to others. Not only is it thought provoking, it is also cheerful and funny, and Maya makes you think about God and spirituality without making you feel guilty for not worshipping every day!
An uplifting, spiritual, refreshing read.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book questions the soul., 10 April 1999
By A Customer
Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now is ideal for someone not familiar with Maya Angelou's writings. The author's thoughts are so simple yet her rhetoric is expressed in a dynamic an captivating style. Her work is, as always, sheer enlightenment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 12 Dec 2013
Another great book from Maya Angelou. Short stories that are entertaining and give profound spiritual message.

The books arrived promptly and in very good condition. Great service!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Too Small Book with a Large Impact, 4 Aug 1998
By A Customer
More than wit, Angelou writes with warm good humor about events of the years it took her to get where she is. One doesn't have to adopt for oneself all her life conclusions to appreciate how she came to them. While all human beings are equal, some are more equal than others, as Orwell would say, and Maya Angelou's talent is definitely in the class of more equal. Major complaint: There just wasn't enough of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 1 July 2014
Good book for dipping into

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov 2011
An excellent insightful read. I'm still in the middle of this book, but already am inspired to make my own way if none existed before.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent graduation gift!, 29 April 1999
By A Customer
I work with Senior High School Students and in the spring am invited to several graduation open houses. I can think of nothing better than to give each young woman a copy of this book. Ms. Angelou's spiritual, humane wisdom is exactly what I want my students to leave with. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but to the point, 9 April 1999
By A Customer
Nourishing. Encouraging. Fulfilling! Do you have a copy of an excerpt from this book called "Style" that you can forward me? I always lend my books & never seem to receive them back:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful read, 30 Sep 2014
This review is from: Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now (Kindle Edition)
Lovely book, beautifully written as you would expect. Would recommend.