5.0 out of 5 stars Great 5:2 book
Published 18 months ago by Maggie

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring.
I've been using the 5:2 system now for nearly five months with great results, but am keen to explore new recipe ideas as I'm getting a little bored of the ones I've already picked up from other books/websites that have jumped on the fast diet bandwagon.
Published 17 months ago by Jr Lorrimer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 5:2 book, 8 Mar 2013
Am loving the recipes in this book and the way they principles of 5:2 are explained so well at the front too. My partner is doing the fast days with me so it's worth cooking something a bit special and different and these fit the bill. I'll probably halve the recipe that are for 4, or just save leftovers for my second fast day two days later. I think this is a well written and well researched book - it's got lots or tips and tricks to keep you going and answered a lot of questions I had about how best to do it. Check out the look inside bit to get a flavour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, 7 Mar 2013
This is the best book I could find on 5:2. It is informative and easy to follow, with loads of different ideas. I am yet to find a recipe I don't like, so far they have all been really tasty. Can't recommend enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars OK - and some interesting options, 27 Mar 2014
There are some great recipes in this book, including some grab and go bites on those fasting days - which is what we're all after to help keep us going and to not grab the biscuit tin. Could have done with more pictures in my book, as I find visuals easier to help me decide what to eat.
I would recommend though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring., 22 April 2013
Jr Lorrimer "jlorrimer" (Oakworth) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The information at the start of this book is easy to follow, motivational and I like the bulleted tips on each page, but it all feels like someone has read the original book by Michael Mosley and just rewritten it to cash in. This was bound to happen given it's success so at the very least I was hoping for some inspiring new recipes. However - the main problem with most of these recipes is that many of them are for large servings. This is okay if you want to freeze up to eight portions in to batches or you share a house with a large number of 5:2'ers but I'd really like to see someone write a 5:2 recipe book with recipes for one serving - using ingredients I can find easily in my local supermarket, that doesn't involve marinating for several hours and (more importantly) with each ingredient including a calorie count so I can customise the recipe to suit and take out all the guess work.
The list of snacks is a good idea but is in such a random order it's hard to use if you can't look something up quickly.
If you're thinking of starting the 5:2 I'd recommend getting Michael Mosley's book before this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: The 5:2 Cookbook: Recipes for the 2-Day Fasting Diet. Makes 500 or 600 Calorie Days Easier and Tastier. (Kindle Edition)
Just the thing to help me cope on my two 'thin' days. It gets easier each time as I know what meals I can put together and keep to my 500 calories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, tasty and easy to follow recipes!, 9 April 2014
Using the recipes in here makes doing the 5:2 simple and full of variety. Tasty 'main courses, and decent desserts for when you want something sweet.

I don't just use these recipes for my low calorie days, I find ones I like and increase the portion sizes or add some additional accompaniments (veg, rice, noodles etc) on my regular days.

4.0 out of 5 stars The 5:2 Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Fasting, 24 Mar 2014
The recipes are very clear and easy to cook. I would recommend it to friends who are considering this route to healthy weight loss.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5:2 Cookbook, 25 Feb 2014
J. C. Sullivan "JCS" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to give me some ideas for meals on the fasting days of this plan. I was somewhat disappointed in the choice of meals. I only picked out 10 recipes that I could cook for myself and the family. I have found better recipes in low fat cook books. It gave a few useful tips at the beginning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good healthy eating, 25 Feb 2014
I have been following this book for three weeks, and have kissed five pounds, feeling far more healthier and have more energy, I'm have enjoyed the cooking the recipes, which are very vered.

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Information, 17 Feb 2014
As usual with all cook books only about 30% of recipes apply but the most disappointing thing is the lack of a decent list of items and their calorie count.About 30% useful as a complete guide,do not highly recommend there must be better books with more useful information in them