5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:07 Mins
I'm very impressed with the mobile for the price, it's got a really nice design and is a huge improvement over Sony's previous budget mobile, the Sony XPERIA Tipo Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black.

Really quick to use, a great screen, a nice sized handset, and it won't break the bank.

This is a brilliant handset.
Published 22 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Bloatware
Good phone at reasonable price. Too much bloatware that can not be un installed or moved to SD card to free up memory.
Phone manufacturers need to learn that advertised memory needs to be memory available for the consumer to use.
Google need to make all aps move able to SD card, then I wont be restricted on the number of apps I can install.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 29 May 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:07 Mins

This is a brilliant handset.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 Jun. 2013
I am so happy with this phone. Its the easiest phone to understand.Looks lovely and the sound quality when making calls is fantastic. The camera I was worried about but its really good and again so easy to master. The price for this phone is terrific and the start up user guide is such a well thought out feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic budget smart phone, 14 May 2013
I bought this phone for my eldest son in April and have also bought a second one for my youngest son in May as we all thought Xperia E was a good buy. This purchase was a bit of leap into the unknown as its new and there are very few reviews about it, but based on the specification I couldn't find anything better for the money. This is a budget phone so don't expect stunning results from the camera but otherwise the phone performs excellently on web browsing, internet text chat and calls. Works well on Wi-Fi and connects with my home Netgear router and Belkin Wi-Fi router that I have configure to operate as an access point, also works well with the wireless router supplied by TalkTalk. The Xperia E requires a standard size SIM card and our phones are on the 3 and O2 networks. The GPS works well and have installed a free app "mapmyride" that provides mileage data and calories consumed when out cycling.

The phone can also be used as a Wi-Fi hotspot (Mi-Fi) i.e. the 3G provides the internet connection and you connect other devices like a tablet or laptop via their wireless network adapter to access the internet. This is very useful if you want to use your tablet on the move but you'll need a mobile tethering feature in you mobile contract to enable you to use this.

There is also a preloaded barcode reader app NeoReader.

I have also purchased a SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 16GB, class 10, UHS-I, 30MB/sec, + SD adapter, Mobile; £9.99 from Amazon. This memory card works as you would expect in this phone; no issues.

You may find this review link useful if you're considering buying this phone http://blog.clove.co.uk/2013/05/27/sony-xperia-e-review/

For you techies out there you might be interested in this article showing the evaluation of the Firefox OS on the Xperia E.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Base Price Android Smartphone, 25 May 2014
I wanted a replacement for my ageing Samsung mobile - not a smartphone, just a basic mobile with touchscreen.
Sony Xperia E is a good purchase as long as you aren't looking for a phone to wack a lot of apps onto !. - if you do I guess it would slow down as it's not a high end core processor.
Had this a while now, running as quick as when I bought it, I get about 5 days out of the battery - fairly low usage, a few calls and texts a day.
When first received I turned off the auto rotation; Wi-Fi and 3g, these are the main things that eat battery and didn't need to be on 24/7. I also went into the developer options and took the animation scales down to .5 and ticked the Don't Keep Activites - which basically prevents a load of background processes building up.
All in All very happy with this choice... does what I need, looks smart and performs well for what I require.
Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia Purchase Experience for Phones2Post, 23 Feb. 2014
The phone was brand new in its original box and packaging at an excellent price compared with other internet outlets for the same product.

I was kept informed of progress throughout the dispatch and postal process until the phone was delivered.

The phone was delivered at the earliest possible delivery date which was great as it was a birthday present for my son.

I am more than happy to recommend Phones2Post to anybody wishing to buy this type of product through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 April 2014
I have this phone it's great it's easy to use it's got u can get lots of apps from Google play and u can also go on the internet on this WiFi is on here and there's Bluetooth and you can store lots of photos and music and the phone is nice and load when your talking on phone and it load when your playing music it's a great phone

3.0 out of 5 stars Bloatware, 31 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A piece of sheer brilliance - nearly, 7 Aug. 2013
Gillian Fantazi (haslemere, surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm giving it 5 stars because the fault I had on mine was fixed by an exchange.
I don't even think it was a fault,but there was something that stopped the
contacts working but it was probably me not knowing how to fix it.
FOR THE MONEY this phone is quite a brilliant piece of kit.
Unlike some android phones I have wrestled with to set up, this one is so simple
I just breezed through it.
I like Sony stuff anyway, but this phone is very fast,the menus are easy to
understand, the way it works is easy as opening a can of beans without getting
a can of worms instead.
Just buy one - it is a lovely looking phone and in my view a better prospect than an I-PHONE
and at £108 it's a steal. I have a Tesco contract - Dont laugh! Tesco has some amazing phone deals!

5.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as the other reviews say!, 1 Jun. 2014
no lag, good battery life, good range of apps, good sound system and music playback time. However, if you download a ridiculous amount of apps then there will be some lag and it will become a bit jittery. But for those buying as a good priced entry level smart phone, you cant go wrong!

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a waste of money to be honest., 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sony Xperia E SIM-free Android Smartphone - White (Electronics)
I wanted a simple phone that was not full of bells and whistles but this... well, its not it.
I took it out of the box, downloaded the management software so I could transfer my contracts etc and before I had completed that, It was complaining it was out of memory....
First, how can a new phone be out of memory out of the box?
Secondly, according to the machine itself, hardly any of the 2GB of memory is used... let alone the 16GB mSD card I added....

Well, it seems that the phone uses internal 'phone' memory for apps - and that about 640MB (reminded me of the PCs circa 1990s) and no end of tweaking can get it to stick stuff on the copious free internal memory... confused? I was.

Plan B: Remove stuff I was not gonna use. I mean, a busy mum does not have time to play games on her phone so that could go, right?
Wrong... as a factory default app, this phone is filled with stuff I was never gonna use and there is no way to get rid of it.

So bottom line, the phone is fine as a phone if you want exactly - no more, no less - than what it comes with.
If you want to change it in any way.... forget it.
OS updates, patches etc have no effect. A lot of the official Sony stuff simply does not work and often crashes the phone.

Not the best phone I have ever bought and after Christmas, I'll be on the hunt for a new one; one that actually does what I want.