on 13 July 2013
The Samsung s4 gets really hot when charging and using at the same time. so I use this to charge my battery while I use the charged one and swap over.
on 23 July 2013
This is a counterfeit item and is not a official samsung accessory. The item did not even come in the box the real ones do, there is no hologram sticker on the front (which proves its legitimacy). The item didn't even come with the extra charging cable which it is advertised to do. The following text is taken from amazon itself, 'Beware of Imitations! All authentic Samsung product will have a holographic sticker visible on the product packaging signifying that you have purchased genuine Samsung product. If you receive a product and the sticker is non-existent, has been removed or the packaging appears to have been tampered with, please report this to Amazon immediately.'. I will be contacting amazon immediately.
66 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2015
I bought this item to tide me over on a long coach journey. My Galaxy S4 is apparently notorious for problems with battery life, even when you switch to just basic functionality it wasnt even lasting a full 12hrs anymore. So instead of the little power banks you can get, I thought I would go the whole hog and get an official Samsung spare battery.

It comes in a little protective white case which can also function as a charger itsself, but does not come with a charger wire. It seems to be a genuine Samsung product, but made for the Asian market judging by the writing on the packaging. The actual battery is identical to my original battery that came with my phone.

It seemed to take an extra long time to charge up however this may be because the only way to judge the charging progress is by a little light which flashes red and then green once completely charged up.

The life of the battery itsself was the disappointing part. At full charge, the display on your phone says 80%. I have not ever managed to get it higher than this with the little charger thing, the only way to get it up to full is charging it whilst actually in your phone. Which sort of defeats the object in a way. It also completely cuts out at around 20% with no warning whatsoever. Which is a bit annoying.

I dont know if I have just been unlucky, but effectively what you are paying for is a battery that has only 60% capacity. It is definitely useful and convenient, and compact enough to tote around in even a small handbag - but you can get those little portable power packs now that give you around the same amount of charge for a fraction of the price. If you are a Cautious Carol like myself, and are willing to pay the extra for an official product then this works just fine.
on 18 June 2013
Fast charging and light weight. Looks nice as well which is definitely a plus. I would buy this again anytime.
on 30 August 2013
A great handy addition to having the phone. Recharges independently of the phone to keep you going longer. Recommended purchase.
on 8 March 2015
Business users will likely want to grind the S4 into the forehead of Apple fanboys in response to the sucky battery performance of this now ageing Samsung handset. Fear not however as the extra battery wotsit is the solution (future S6 owners should take note here). Snap in and out of battery takes but seconds and successfully lowers stress levels back to "standard" in most users. Get it if you plan to hang on to, and batter your S4 for any length of time.
on 12 October 2014
It's a genuine Samsung battery in a neat little charging case - just plug the case into a power source (either the mains adapter that comes with the phone or into any USB port on a computer) and it'll charge the battery with no need to use the phone. This way you can always have a battery charging/charged while your phone is still in use (also handy if the USB port on your phone - something of a weak spot on previous galaxy models, hence the 'chunkier' end to the USB lead on the S4 and later models - gets damaged as you'll at least still be able to charge the battery).
Loses one star because it does NOT come with a charging lead or a power adapter (despite when I bought it the product being advertised clearly as 'complete with separate charger'). When I raised this with Amazon they apologised, offered a refund and promised to correct the text of the product description. In the end I kept it, because I managed to get hold of a spare charging lead from someone for next to nothing, and I appear to have bought it at a knock-down price (it's now up by £10). At time of writing the product description still has not been corrected online - I guess you could argue that the case itself is the 'charger' however if you WERE arguing that then in the interests of full disclosure it should really read: 'complete with separate charger, however USB lead and mains adapter required to power said charger are NOT supplied'.
on 2 March 2015
I use my phone so much, this has become an essential in my life. I use it virtually every day.

It's great having an extra battery, fully charged and ready to go as soon as my other battery dies; especially on days out without access to chargers and this really came in handy when travelling long journeys and over weekend camping trips.

I've had no issues with this product at all, and would recommend it to anyone.
on 18 July 2013
The picture clearly shows a battery in the charger and the description "kit" implies more than one object. Nonetheless it has no battery and is just an empty charger. What a con! Almost £30 for a plastic box that doesn't even have a transformer in it.
on 4 November 2014
Never worked, and other reviews and research would infer it was not the genuine Samsung product. In my opinion, not a trustworthy source and would not purchase again from them, although in fairness, money back was offered immediately..