5.0 out of 5 stars Great
LIkes:
Graphics are awesome very easy to get the hang of. Cool guns and sights. Great online maps

Hates:
I completed campaign too quickly. Spawns on Online are broken. The Season pass should be cheaper and there are too many in game purchase

improvements:
A firing range would be cool and a kill house, like the one the SAS use...
Published 4 months ago by Charles Vaughan

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new...just awful and boring
Published 3 months ago by Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 April 2014
LIkes:

Hates:

improvements:
A firing range would be cool and a kill house, like the one the SAS use.

all round a good game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drastic Improvement from ps3 version!, 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
I have to say, I was a bit worried about the quality of this game having played the ps3 version.
The ps3 version was very poor in terms of gameplay, and connection issues. It just didn't feel like cod hence the general poor reviews on amazon.
However, the ps4 version is a drastic improvement!
The connection online is very good, if not the best compared to all cods. The crazy lag comp that was evident in the ps3 version is almost unnoticeable, from 7 hours gameplay, I have only been shot around a corner once!
The spawning is still quite bad, and terrible on specific maps.
The graphics have finally been improved, and compared to the ps3 version, they are much much much better.
I have rarely suffered any frame-rate issues either, which was much discussed for the ps4 version prior to the release.

I would advise anyone who was deeply disappointed by the ps3 version to get the upgrade to the ps4.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new...just awful and boring, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
I have been playing Call of duty since the first ever game on PC and stopped playing when the first Black ops came out, modern warfare 2 was a decent game to play with my friends as it built upon COD 4 which was another great game but after that I could instantly tell that the company behind it were just going to start churning out the same game for the next couple of years with just a few tweaks and a 40 pound price tag on it. I decided to get this game as there was very little that grabbed my attention for the playstation 4 and wanted to believe that the reviews already posted for this were unfair or wrong, well if your reading this I have now joined them.

From what I have read about the Call of Duty games prior to this, it seems most people share my opinion and one does begin to think how they can keep bringing out the same game and make so much money from it.

Single player- It was ok... for a next gen game there was nothing really overwhelming that I noticed, yes the people looked as lifelike as you could get but graphics wise I was quite disappointed. I know COD has never really put much effort into its single player mode but it was that interesting I didn't even complete it. Ghosts are just some elite force apparently that nobody can stop and wear these stupid masks to look cool, either way it was boring and rarely was I interested in the storyline that someone had probably taken all of an hour to create. I really enjoyed the story lines of the first few modern warfare games although not amazing, some degree of effort had been put in.

Multiplayer- Call of Duty has always had a reputation for being fast paced and a way to just let steam off and chill for a few hours, the first few games were really fun and required some degree of skill to play, COD 4 was so simple but yet groundbreaking in terms of online gaming, as was MW2. I selected 'find game', quite excited to see any changes or development in graphics, from what I had seen of the single player I was not getting my hopes up. I was instantly put into a game where my team was losing by a substantial amount of points. I spawned and not 5 seconds later I was dropped by someone sat in the corner of a room with a gun and about 5 different attachments on it. Camping has been around for years, but I didn't quite realise it could go to this extent. Not only have the creators got rid of spawn protection, the spawning system quite of tens puts you away from your team in the middle of nowhere. After about 2 minutes in I had already died 3 times and not even fired my gun. I played a few games and got an ok score, went into the barracks to see what weapons you can unlock, apparently now you can buy whatever weapon you like provided you have enough squad points, which are earned through ranking up and various other tedious tasks. The whole point of playing the COD games was to earn certain weapons that you loved through ranking up from effort and skill. I was now able to purchase any weapon I liked which quite frankly took a lot of the fun out of it. Even with having choice of these weapons, I was walking around the poorly created maps being bored, it was not fun or engaging at all. The streaks had just gone to far, its literally like the creators have just run out of ideas and are throwing anything in there to keep people playing. What also interested me was the amount of players online, I used to put in MW2 to find hundreds of thousands of people playing, there were about 25,000 people in total across all the game types for Ghosts world wide apparently. This game is good for anyone who likes running around like a headless chicken with some hope that you might find someone spawning or doing the exact same thing as you. But if you want to have fun and intense firefights with the opposition then don't get this game, its awful, a lot of reviews have said it is possibly the worst COD yet and I am beginning to agree with them from the games I have played, don't waste your money and fuel the empty cash cow that this once great game has become.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment!, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
I had my hope for this game thinking it was going to be one of the best of the Call of Duty Games but it is truly a disappointment to all those COD lover out there. To me the game is obviously BROKEN! and the fact that they charge you 40 is ridiculous. The fact that they have the urge to put out a broken game and still do nothing about it really is a disappointment to the community. They seriously need to fix the problem or else they are going to have serious problems.

However the maps are very good and the campaign is good but too short.

1.0 out of 5 stars Someone put this thing out of it's misery, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
This game feels so tired, I do wonder if the devs didn't put out something this stale and lacklustre in an attempt to kill off the franchise.

Single player campaign starts off pretty good, but very quickly turns into the same old familiar routine stuff we've seen a zillion times before. The only so called innovation used to sell the game = a dog. Says it all.

Multiplayer: I couldn't muster the enthusiasm to play too many of the maps but the one's I did play were uninspired, flat, and boring. The only praise I can give it is it did look, feel and play better than the worst mulitplayer COD of all time, MW3. But that is feight praise.

Multiplayer COD:MW was original, innovative, exciting, made with a passion and love for making games, and streets ahead of anything out at the time. This is just another production line, pale immitation of that game, a badly made map pack pretending to be something new so it can get away with charging the cost of a full priced game.

The COD games are just about the most exhausted gaming franchise around today. I would dearly love someone to come along and inject some life into it, but while people continue to shell out good money every year, it will continue to die a slow and dreary death.

3.0 out of 5 stars with great visuals, super smooth frame rates, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
Cod has come a long way in it's long life. From it's early WW2 versions to it's heyday with Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.
The thing is with Cod is that not only has it seemed to have stagnated since those * Golden Years* but it actually seems to have declined. The core gameplay is still there, with great visuals, super smooth frame rates, intuitive controls and epic set pieces, but it all seems so stale now. Like once you've played one Cod you've played them all! The storyline makes little sense, but to be honest is as dull as ditch water anyway. Fortunately the action remains as intense as ever, although even this seems rather linear these days.

When it comes to online gameplay ( which Cod is all about ) then it's fun at times with a good perk system, but it seems more frustrating than ever. The maps are big the snipers are everywhere and it's all about running around and shooting the heck out of people. so skill is required but co- operaration with team mates is pretty much out of the window as you rarely last more than a few seconds unless you camp, which a lot of people seem to do.

so what do I think of Cod? An average game with good bits, but plenty of flaws.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst of the COD Series, 20 July 2014
Mr. R. Simpson-jones "RSJ" (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
This has to be the worst COD series and I have played them all, the story line is terrible and unberlievable, As the main mission develops your interest doesn't, like many reviews have said this is just a awful game. The story is very short and when you finish the game your thinking I was half way through?!

Value for money doesn't come into it as you pay 50 for the game (when come out) and you get a half developed game with only a handful of maps. If you want to get more maps then you have to pay 11.99 ( I think) just to get 4 new multiplayer maps. The guns are terrible and unresponsive, map design is boring and dull.

I understand game developers need to make money but I make a stand of not paying and more for a game when I have just forked out 50. If the story mode was better I wouldn't of minded but as with this product NO WAY. I know its the way the games are going (paying for a season pass) but paying nearly 90 to get the best of the game is not how I want to earn my hard earn dosh.

SAVE your money and buy something else. If the next COD game is terrible I wont buy any more.

Shame as I love series better the Battlefield.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great connection & hit detection with PS4 version - still a terrible game unfortunately., 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
Have played COD since Black Ops and I loved that game, MW3 was pretty terrible but I still enjoyed it sometimes and played all year & Black Ops 2 was actually a great game but the connection and hit detection severely let it down along with some stuff like the infamous Target Finders and ridiculous snipers (and I mean ridiculous). When it comes to this game though I first got it for PS3 and it was atrocious, as expected with IW the maps were dark, ugly & massive and the spawn system was horrendously bad. The rank up system and guns are pretty stupid in my opinion too . They are just the guns from MW3 with different colours and names lol never seen anyone else mention that but I have. I know people will love this game which is fair enough it;s their opinion but if you are like me and enjoy fast paced arcade style gameplay which COD has always been then you will hate this. I got it for PS4 a while back and the connection and hit detection are superb I must admit no faults with that. The game is just slow & boring and the players who play this are the worst type of players seriously. I would advise to avoid this.

1.0 out of 5 stars save your money do not buy, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
i may not be a big fan of call of duty like the major cod fans but i have played them all both story and multiplayer by god this is the worst call of duty to date with advance warfare due to be released within a few months i am going to try the new cod game at a friends house if its good i will buy it if not then we all know call of duty is oficially dead and buried

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, could be worse!, 16 May 2014
mutchy126 (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) (Video Game)
For a start, I really like the campaign. It wasn't too hard or easy and it had a good story with you. The characters felt real and you get really involved in the story.

The real problem is the multiplayer:
Guns are seriously overpowered. As an example, the MSBS is a 3 round burst gun that can kill someone from the other side of the map instantly. This was patched but it's still a killing machine, you don't want to get in the way of one.
Some maps are extremely big, so big unless you have the "Marathon" perk you're bored out of your mind running to where all the action is, only to be killed and respawned back where you come from.
Campers, Campers everywhere! Spawn camping can get crazy. I seen someone on the leaderboard who had 0 kills and 60 deaths due to spawn camping, I was nearly at that number before I left the lobby.

It's not as bad as people say, there's a lot more that could have been added though.
If you haven't bought it yet, I wouldn't bother.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) by Activision (PlayStation 4)
34.00