5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!
I was a bit nervous on what size to order but I went with my regular size & they fit right out of the box. They are so comfortable & look fabulous! I'm now trying to decide which brown pair to get. I have 2 different size feet and these are good for both length and width. The heel is definitely tapered for a more girly fit but it's ok on my ankle.
Published 9 months ago by CF10

I bought these boots in a local store about two months ago to replace a pair of 6 year-old Dr Martens. I have worn them most days since. They are incredibly comfortable and versatile, and I find them easy to do up. The soles have worn quite a bit at the back, but no more than would be expected.

However, the synthetic outer has actually rubbed off in two places...
Published 8 months ago by GreenStrassa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots to start with, but lost shape and synthetic outer rubbed quickly!, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Rocket Dog Womens Thunder Combat Boots (Shoes)

However, the synthetic outer has actually rubbed off in two places and the toe area has collapsed inwards! I do walk everywhere, however I don't use these boots for anything more strenuous than boring city walking for about 30 mins every day. They are no longer waterproof thanks to the rubbed areas. I never expected them to last as long as my old Docs, but two months is a bit pathetic.

I will keep wearing mine til they break fully, but I somehow don't think that will take too long. I would not buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 23 Oct 2013
CF10 "cjf10" (Rochester, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rocket Dog Womens Thunder Combat Boots (Shoes)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy boot if a little oddly shaped, 24 Nov 2013
I wanted to like this more than I do. It's a thick, sturdy boot, reasonably priced, that comes up past mid-calf. The laces, despite the trouble of having to un/do them each time, help to secure the boot and there's a buckle to help with adjustment as well. Odd thing is, this is one of the stiffest boots I've ever come across, and that includes three leather pairs that I currently own, as well as assorted others I've tried. It's almost as if it's steel toe-capped, only I know that isn't true. The foot is also a little high? There is a bubble of space above the top of my foot, before the material is laced in tight enough to grip my ankle and calf. Slightly odd. The laces are a little too thick and a little too long to be tied comfortably, and I'm already looking at alternate laces for them. Still, I like the design, especially the material at the top, which lend a bit of character to an otherwise mundane boot. Will definitely have to break these in a little more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 19 Dec 2013
Really love these boots. Usually a 5 so ordered that size and they fit perfectly. Really comfortable and are very versatile. Usually wear uggs in the winter but these are a much better choice. Don't let the water in for a start!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 11 Dec 2013
these boots are lovely just as discribed arrived very quick would recommend the boots are very comfy well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Comfy Boots, 5 Jun 2014
Had these boots a couple of months and I am very pleased with them.
They are stylish, very comfortable and very good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last, 3 May 2014
These boots look great and fit perfectly. However, because there is no zip you have to pull them off and this causes the lining between the base of fabric and the sole to rip at the heel. I have worn these a lot though and there probably is a way to take them off gently to diminish the damage done.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong laces, 2 Mar 2014
Heavy and difficult to put on. I would recommend it for yourself not as a gift. True to size. Ok

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 17 Feb 2014
These boots fit really well, and were really comfy (looked great too!) However they sole came apart from the boot in a matter of two months, and after spending a fair bit of money on them I was rather disappointed. They did come on time, well packaged and no faults to start with. Will not be buying again, no matter how much I liked them :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for non-leather, 16 Feb 2014
The item is styled really nicely, the sole is good quality and he 'cardboardy' feel is not as apparent as in some synthetic boots and shoes (still not a patch on vegan Doc Martens for suppleness, though). I really didn't like the look and feel of the very thick laces, though, and found them hard to both tighten and loosen ... which is the big minus with these boots, especially as there are no 'quick hooks' (don't know the technical term!) for easy on / easy off. That downfall was easily rectified with a spare pair of thinner laces, though. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›