4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant if you need replacing your old vinyl.
Published 15 months ago by Rover Ham

1.0 out of 5 stars Pressing fault
Published 16 months ago by robert hopkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Pressing fault, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Red [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I thought this re-release would be a great opportunity to own one of my favourite Crimson albums on vinyl, but I have been very disappointed. This is the third copy I have received from Amazon due to the first two having a serious pressing fault which is a localised warp which renders the first track on side one ("Red") unplayable as the needle lifts off the vinyl. I thought the first copy must have been damaged but the second copy was identical. Now I have received my third copy and that too has the identical fault. I have over 2,000 LPs and I play them on high end audiophile equipment so I know there is nothing wrong with my turntable. In the end I have resorted to heating the vinyl with a hair dryer and pressing the vinyl flat with heavy books. This has rendered the album playable although there is still a noise as the needle passes over that part of the vinyl but for £13 it is acceptable. Anyway, no need to review the content here as that is a given and there are many many reviews to which another from me would add little. Potential buyers beware and look out for this fault which has clearly not been resolved by the manufacturer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant if you need replacing your old vinyl., 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Red [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Bought a copy of this classic album to replace my ageing original. Good pressing and not too much "interfering" when re-mixing the original by that guy from PT. I have not had any issues regarding pressing quality as reported by others here but still prefer the original. Save the original for those very special occasions and, in the meantime, play this one. Still a very good effort and well worth the money IMHO.

1.0 out of 5 stars Click Crimson - another duff pressing., 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Red [VINYL] (Vinyl)
My vinyl copy has a similar fault -but a loud click on Fallen Angel. This is my 3rd copy also -so it sounds as if at least 2 duff pressings. Unlike the previous reviewer, I am holding out for a week or so before sending mine back, in the hope that the problem is resolved. If my 4th copy is the same I will be wanting a refund!
As for the music - brilliant -but at £13 why should I accept poor product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red as intended!, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Red [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Any pressing fault is now fixed. My copy was majestic. Hear it in its full glory!

1.0 out of 5 stars Same here :(, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Red [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I bought this LP from an independent record dealer and it was faulty too so there was definitely something wrong with the pressing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them all, 21 Aug 2013
Gustavo Cirigliano (Bs, As., Argentina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red [VINYL] (Vinyl)
What an amazing vinyl release from the Crimson King. I've purchased all the previous releases, and they're all incredible. 200 mg of glory. About the music itself, it's Crimson at his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov 2014
Great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
perfect

Red [VINYL]
Red [VINYL] by King Crimson (Vinyl - 2013)