5.0 out of 5 stars A great improvement.
I like Rough Guides, and have purchased many over the years, but this is the first of the coloured editions I have bought. It is a significant improvement - great clarity, maps are especially good. Content up to usual RG standards, and splitting the region into clearly defined zones is very helpful. Recommended.
Published 16 months ago by Neil Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the area
Being based in Bergerac and travelling around the local area, I was a little disappointed the information on areas of interest was rather scant and a bit patchy. I realize rough guides are just that but a little more on the area than where to stay and eat would have been better for me. I think on this occasion I chose the wrong guide.
Published 14 months ago by Ms. B. Brewster

5.0 out of 5 stars A great improvement., 17 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need in a guide book, 29 May 2013
Everything you need in a guide book even if you know the region. A fresh design, Rough Guides have come a long way since my 1980's edition. Bought a new French map book to compliment it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the area, 22 July 2013
Ms. B. Brewster "pisces" (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Dordogne & the Lot (Rough Guide to...) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide book, 28 Aug 2013
butterfly (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very good guidebook with a lot of useful information and a really good insight of the region. Some restaurant recommendations were disappointing though.

4.0 out of 5 stars great guide book, 19 Aug 2013
M. N. Coleman "Book magnet" (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This was one of the most useful guides I have used. The information was up to date and honest! We used it a lot during our holiday and I would certainly consider buying 'Rough Guides' again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book and guide, 11 Aug 2013
Does what it says on the cover! Well written and easy to read. Makes planning a trip easy and creates excitement ahead of the visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars great informative book, 8 Aug 2013
Mr. A. A. Summers "Tony Summers" (Muir-of-Ord Scotland) - See all my reviews
it is a must have book for the region so much info' that a fortnight's holiday is not long enough

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for us, 7 Aug 2013
I chose it as it was so recently published, dealt only with the area we are visiting and I have used Rough Guides in the past. Looks full of useful information - probably too much on accommodation for us but look forward to trying some of the other recommendations and having never been to the area before am finding it a very interesting/useful read.

4.0 out of 5 stars The latest guide book for this area, 6 Aug 2013
We bought this book simply because it was the latest book available for this particular area of France.

Being fairly well travelled I have entrusted Lonely Planet to guide me around the world and was disappointed to find that the only guide they had for the Dordogne appeared in their much larger guide to France and that chapter amounted to not much more than a précis of the highlights.

We have used the Rough Guide to plan our trip in August for which on the face of it has been excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 11 May 2014
If you've spent a lot on a holiday make the most of it. These are the best guides I've found. Great fun to read whilst looking forward to your break.