4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin
This is a custom made case for the HTC One; the negative reviews put me off initially, but I am glad I bought it. It looks sleek, does not add any unnecessary bulk to the phone. It protects it as well as an open case can (it has no catch). Only four stars because the clasps that hold the phone in place could be tighter, but so far, so good.
Published 15 months ago by KJD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really up to the job
Published 16 months ago by Charlie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really up to the job, 24 April 2013
I've been using the HTC double dip flip to protect my HTC One for the past 4 weeks or so. As a product designed primarily to protect my phone, it has done its job and done it well - for that it can't be faulted. It also works well as a stand. However, I was disappointed with the build quality of the product out of the box, and a month of everyday light/careful use hasn't allayed my concerns in this area.

The case is plastic and cardboard covered in a faux leather and velvet veneer. The design is as attractive as promotional images suggest - this is a product that would have looked fantastic as a virtual prototype, but has been let down by the choice of materials and manufacturing process: the finish reminded me a lot of the old pocket calculators we used to use in our maths class at school. The matt black plastic corners of the case have rubbed glossy already - I can only assume that this has been whilst sat in my pocket, as I've not dropped it or subjected it to any abrasive environments to date. The edging of the leather effect trim is already beginning to come apart from the case. The front cover out of the box would not sit flat on the phone out of the box, though having freed up the fold in the cardboard with use, it will now lie flat under its own weight.

As with a lot of folding cover designs, the front cover of the phone could do with a hole or clear window being added, as it's not possible to use the rear facing camera with the case open. This is a particular frustration on the One, as the shutter button is incorporated into the screen which means it's not possible to take photos with the cover closed.

In conclusion, the quality of the product has not met my expectations, and whilst functional, it does not compare favourably with the superb quality and finish of the HTC One handset itself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, 16 April 2013
On the face of it, this looks like a good phone case, but ultimately is flawed in its design as is really rather shoddy.

Good things:
+ Stand the phone on its edge to watch videos etc
+ Nice materials (red felt and fake leather I think)
+ Easy to remove/insert phone from case and leaves no marks (but also see negatives)

Bad things:
- Flips open by itself and will not offer any protection to the phone if dropped, as sods law dictates that the phone will land on its screen
- Too easy to remove phone from case, phone does not feel secure
- Lid does not close, would be nice to have a magnetic close or something to hold the lid down
- Interferes with microphone for calls!!

If the negative issues were resolved this would probably be the best HTC One case on the market IMHO.

1.0 out of 5 stars LOOSE FIT, 24 April 2013
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT BUY THIS CASE. LOOSE FIT, HORRIBLE GRIPPING WHEN IN LANDSCAPE MODE. BURN IT! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great concept poor product, 18 April 2013
This review is from: HTC Double Dip Flip Case for HTC One - Black/Red (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Bought this case as it looked pretty cool and I liked the idea of being able to stand up the phone to listen to music/ watch films. HOWEVER I ended up buying the HTC hard case almost as soon as I got it as the actual product is unusable. It doesn't provide very good protection, it makes the phone feel too bulky and hard to use, the phone doesn't function as well and the quiality of the product wasn't as good as I would expect.

I bought the 2 tone hard case instead and couldn't recommend it highly enough. I would definitely try before you buy or better still avoid altoghether.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking build quality, 17 April 2013
Considering that this case is made by HTC for their own phone, the fit of the actual case is appalling. I constantly worry that the phone is going to fall out. There is no hinge in the product - the fabric just flops over - and there is no closure on the case, so the front flap doesn't sit correctly over the face and cover the whole face. The coating on the plastic parts of the case is peeling off after only a couple of weeks use and the material is coming away from the plastic core. Worst case I've ever bought. On the other hand, HTC have managed to make a fantastic phone - I just wish they could make a case to the same standards.

3.0 out of 5 stars May block microphone., 16 April 2013
Got this as a freebie with the phone. Compliments it nicely but 2 points:

1. Could do with a fastening of some sort to prevent it flopping open if you drop the phone which would prevent it from doing it's job of protecting the screen.

2. The hole on my particular case misaligned with the microphone. After a month of people complaining that they could not hear me very well I called EE tech support who wanted to take my phone for repair. However I thought to check that the microphone was not blocked with pocket fluff (or worse) and noticed that the tiny hole in the case did not match up with the tiny microphone. So I reamed the hole out with the tip of a sharp knife (get an adult to help you) and it's sorted.

I found that a few people are reporting this same issue with this particular case on various websites.

Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product, 16 April 2013
Dr. S. Arif "shahi_1971" (Doncaster, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
I had to return mine and am still waiting for Amazon to acknowledge the refund. It is a great product as long as you are not bothered by the small pin hole blocking the microphone at the bottom. I was having problems being heard when I used the HTC One in this case and thought it was a signal problem etc., but looking closer realised that unless you push back the phone into the plastic, the microphone pin hole gets covered and because there is movement with the case being 'bendy', it's impossible to talk to someone using this case. DO NOT BUY IT. This is a design flaw in an otherwise very good product. I do miss it, but I couldn't use it as a phone!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor fit, 31 May 2013
Considering this product is made by HTC for a HTC One the fit is very poor. The phone sits slighty raised from the cover making you feel like it might drop out at any point. The cover doesn't have anyway to fasten it so just opens by itself! Good concept but I'll stick to Otterbox covers and proping my phone up against my bag!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 20 May 2013
Dreadful case, poor quality and just constantly fraying edges. I persisted with it, even gluing and cutting bits to keep it alive but i've given up on it and bought a 3 case of ebay.

Truly dreadful, avoid.

Contacted HTC, just dont care sadly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 11 May 2013