5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!
It fits well, has a hole for the speakers and I've dropped my phone around 20 times since I bought it. Twice down the stairs, couldn't work better.
Published 15 months ago by Thomas Reynolds

Published 2 months ago by Tasnima Rahman

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this case with high expectations but was sadly disappointed. This case was reccommended to me by my ..., 4 Oct 2014
I might have given this product two stars, but I decided to be kind and give it three stars. I bought this case with high expectations but was sadly disappointed. This case was reccommended to me by my brother who has the case for the s3 model and I saw the reviews online praised the case. The quality of the product itself is good. It has a nice finish, a satin feel, and has a lovely deep red colour. It seemed to be sturdy enough, good for protecting the phone. For those reasons I would rate it a 4 or even 5 star, but it turned out the case was not quite what I expected.

The trouble started when I hastily put the case on my phone with great excitement. As I was putting it on I did notice that it was difficult to slide on but I simply dismissed that as being the protective feature of the case. Once I had pushed it as far as it would go, I noticed that the two halves were not exactly aligned as there was a slight gap. I then attempted to pull the case off again but found that it was completely stuck. I then enlisted my brother's help to remove the case. He had to use brute force to remove it (to my horror, screwdrivers were involved). There was great risk involved in doing damage to the phone, and there ended up being a scratch when the case was finally removed.

I was so disappointed with the trouble the case caused. Any case should not be so hard to remove, my brother's case certainly isn't. I don't know if it was just happened to be a one off instance with my bad luck but I returned the item and bought something else. Such a shame...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: GreatShield iSlide Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 IV i9500 (Samsung Galaxy S4 2013, Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall Great Case!, 23 Oct 2014
This case is brilliant. I only received the case yesterday and have had two days to think about the case any view so far is as follows.

The case has perfect cutouts for all of the holes with easy access to the micro USB port. Cables with thicker heads of them are a bit harder to get in the phone because of the size of the head on the cable. This is not a downside for just this case, I have had/seen other cases with this. And really, to be honest, this does not bother me as I hardly ever use it.

The fit of the phone is very tight. I mean really very tight. It it sometimes a struggle to remove the phone from the case when I change the battery. So far no damage on the phone from this but things might change. I would say that if the phone freely moved about the case would be much worse because the bottom would fall off a lot.

The bottom part can also sometimes be an issue getting off but not all of the time.

So far it looks bad for the case; but wait! Here are the good points for this case.

The build quality:

This case is built like a tank! Even without the phone inside the case it is rock solid. I can imagine if I drop my phone in this case it will do nothing at all to the phone and probably nothing to the case either.

The looks:

The version I received is red. As a male, I thought this would be really awful but actually, it's a really good colour! It really looks good on my Black Mist Galaxy S 4 and I am very happy with it.

Overall:

I am happy with my purchase of this case. I think that is a great case and despite the very tight fit, I think that there are no faults with this case. People shouldn't panic if it doesn't come off straight away. You'd complain if it kept falling out. I prefer it to be tight because should I drop it, I know the phone will stay in the case thus protecting it.

Getting the phone out of the case:

Should you need to remove the phone from the case I recommend this method I developed.

1) Place your thumbs on the device's screen and the rest of your hand over the back of the case.

2) Press the phone out of the case in an upwards motion.

I should point out that you should do this with your phone upside down so the charging port is facing away from your body.

If I discover any problems or change my mind at any point I will change my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case for Samsung Galaxy 4, 7 Dec 2013
Hard plastic case fits well. Didn't fancy idea of a PVC case so went with plastic. Easy to apply and remove. But, like lots of cases, it makes it harder to fit charger cable but this is not impossible - still possible without taking the case off.
Would recommend this product to S-4 owners.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, great quality..1 big problem., 8 Aug 2013
The case arrived very quickly and was of a very good build and provided great protection, I did actually drop it once and it did the job perfect.. however, I noticed whilst pulling out of my pockets that the bottom would come away from the top, this happened a couple of times during every day use but the first time I went on a night out I returned home without the bottom half... it had fallen out of my pocket when removing the phone!!

So please be advised that getting it out of jeans or tighter fitted trousers (especially whilst sat down) can result in the phone case coming apart.

It may be that there was meant to be better locking mechanism but mine obviously failed.
I am back on here now looking to purchase another case that will last me a little bit longer than 2 weeks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 29 Nov 2013
Great cover best phone cover I've ever had, really pleased with it. Sturdy build quality it looks great and has a nice feel to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally fabulous case!!!, 16 Aug 2013
Took a bit of finding (it was 145 on the search list) but well worth it. Very bright, solid red colour, with a smooth matt back that is very tactile. On the inside, there are soft strips that help to cushion the phone when it's dropped, and the case itself is a very snug fit. This is a hard case, like a shell and seems very tough. The holes for the cameraman controls are ideally placed and all controls are easily accessible. This is as close to perfect as a case could be and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been a rock solid investment.!, 14 Aug 2014
David Glasgow "Wego" (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This case is Amazing by the way it very cleverly slides off and slides on... my money

has been a rock solid investment, because if I now drop my phone from any angle its

going to have worthy protection, you never need to remove the Case, because it has all

the holes in all the right places for (Power) and (Data) etc. also holes for (buttons too) 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 4 Jan 2014
This case has saved my phone from basic cosmestic wear that always puts a downer on your brand new S4. Not only is the case solid but it is great looking. The red looks like an ice cold can of coke, which is appealing to me. On NYE I lost my phone returned to wear I thought it may be and found it face down in a shallow puddle. Somehow I was lucky enough to find my phone didn't have a scratch. The case however to the brunt of the fall but is still looking rather imaculate. Thanks Great Shield! *****

2.0 out of 5 stars A Word of Caution if you have a 'Black Edition' Galaxy S4!, 26 May 2014
I have a Black Edition of the Galaxy S4 and this case has damaged the black chrome bezel (plastic) trim on the front of my phone. I don't know if the Black Edition rear cover is thicker than the Black Mist Cover but the case is very tight. Its so tight I don't think it reduce any shock to the phone if I were to drop it.