Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 11 July 2012
Seven years ago Lucas had betrayed Fallon. In fact Fallon was so in love with Lucas his actions had broken her. But she has something she is hiding from Lucas, and now it looks like she is going to have to face the consequences. Lucas has been signed for the Assassins Hockey team. So meeting him is going to be unavoidable. Although Lucas's betrayal still burns in Fallon's heart. Deep down she still loves him. When Lucas and Fallon eventually meet up again, sparks fly and they are not all about the sexual chemistry that is between them. Lucas is determined to get Fallon back but she is having none of it. What happens when Lucas discovers her deception makes avoiding Lucas impossible.

Can I say first of all that IMO this is a far superior book to the first in this series. Taking Shots (Assassins). The story is better, the writing and how the story flows is much better as well. There are also a lot fewer mistakes.
The characters are very well drawn, particularly Fallon and Lucas. The Lucas that Fallon knew seven years ago is gone, instead he has matured and got his act together, he is still as charming but he takes his responsibilities much more seriously. The things in his past that caused him to go off the rails, no longer affect him in quite the same way. Fallon on the other hand is in limbo she has never really moved on from what happened between her and Lucas. It's as if her whole life is on hold. She knows that she has made a bad decision in keeping a secret from Lucas. But the longer she left it the more difficult it became to come clean with him. So she has dug herself into a big hole she cannot get out of. For them to have a future Fallon must let go of the past.

I did understand Fallins dilemma how many women would take back a cheater, not many I suspect. Although it was obvious to the reader that Lucas had changed. Did Fallon's rejection of Lucas go on for too long? Maybe a little, but she was too afraid of being hurt again. I quite liked her sister Audrey, she was a stalwart supporter of Fallon, and gave her good advice. It's a shame that she didn't take her own advice. I look forward to her story which I believe is out next. There were one or two things that I would have liked to have seen happen. Fallon's Father was very hostile towards her, I thought that maybe there could have been a heart to heart between them. Still maybe that might yet happen in the next story.

To sum up this is a long story and very well written that I highly recommend.
on 26 September 2012
I read book one of this series and didn't love it but book two trying to score I loved, it had a better story at a better pace and the leads were great, I loved Adien, Fallon and Lucas's son he was the cutest kid without being sickly sweet loved him and cant wait to read Aa's story next loved it!

Fallon loved Lucas with everything she had and the summer they spent together and the following two years were the best of her life till she walked in on him with her best friend, and everything changed she left Lucas refusing to hear his side and left, 7 years later and Lucas is playing for the Assassins and wants Fallon back when he finds out she has had his son he is shocked and wants them both forever but first he has to get Fallon to forgive him and give him another chance.

Fallon and Lucas were great leads their relationship was fun to read it had it all anger, sex loving and laughing I loved it, I totaly understood why Fallon left Lucas and was scared to trust him but you just have to love Lucas he tries so hard to convince Fallon that he is a changed man, and is totaly understanding why she never told him he had a son, he is a great dad and adores Adian.

loved this one and have downloaded book three and will be downloading book four Pipers story cant wait.
on 14 June 2012
Totally stumbled across the series by accident but i'm hooked! Very.well written and I am engrossed by ths characters. Strong women and hot men! I would say my favourite thing about the series is the fact that the 'hot' bits are followed by an awesome story line! I really feel the connection with Fallon. Keep writing I love this series and I could read it over and over! And if you haven't read it already, what are you waiting for?
on 18 August 2013
This was my first time I had read a Ms Aleo book. I usually love the US sports genre but really struggled with this.

The story line was pretty simple but to pad it out to 576 (printed) pages was ridiculous. This was a 250ish pager at best. I hate abandoning a half finished read but was seriously contemplating it this time as the percentages crept up.

I found Fallon the most irritating character possible, with her constant 180 degree emotional turns. I felt like "yelling" at her just to make her mind up. All her yelling also wound me up. A mature businesswoman is meant to constantly, and mercurially, switch into undisciplined 5 year old mode in any and all situations?

What was odd about the over long story was that it suddenly stopped. I know hockey was only the framework for the story (and I can't believe any top team would virtually let their players treat the gap between the end of season and the play-offs like a holiday) but wasn't there a Stanley Cup at stake in there somewhere?
on 24 October 2012

Toni Aleo has done it again with her page gripping characters which has had me hooked from the very beginning. She is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors and I can't wait for her future releases.

Fallon and Lucas are two characters which won't take you long to get interested in the author is such an amazing writer that you instantly want to read more just to find out how the stories going to end. This is the PERFECT beach read for your holidays if your looking for something gripping and romantic this it the novel you need to pack you would not regret it.

Love is the most powerful thing anyone can ever feel and Toni Aleo lets us learn how to forgive when love really does conquer all.... everyone deserves a second chance don't they?

I convinced my friend to read Taking Shots and she is loving it so far! :) You really need to read these books as everything about them is just brilliant The author is AMAZING!
on 21 May 2012
If im completely honest then like most people the title and cover put me off.
Typically this is when the saying 'dont judge a book by its cover' actually applies.
If youre looking for a demanding story of love, lust and passion which draws you in, then buy this book.
Although at times i wanted to kick Fallons ass, i really really enjoyed it. Moments actually made me cry.
This series has quickly become one of my favourites. And straight after reading it i wanted to read Taking Shots again.
Toni Aleo writes the most passionate, hot men. And i love it!

Sometimes i think its a shame when i see a book this book only having a few reviews, because if it only gota bit of advertisement it would be very popular!!!!!
on 13 January 2013
This is the second book in this ice hockey series and it doesn't disappoint.

Even though it follows a similar thread to the first - hot hockey player, woman who can't believe her luck, so runs from him until it all falls into place, with a few bumps. I was just as addicted.

The only thing I would say is at times Fallon got on my nerves, where as Elli from the first book didn't, but even with that I would still highly recommended this story.

Happy reading!
on 10 October 2013
Loved this book, I admit I cheated and read the ending as I was desperate to know the outcome but it was such a good book I went back and read it all through as it was so well written and that is saying something as it is quite longer than a lot of books in this genre. Also bought the next in the series empty net but couldn't get into it as much as I much preferred the characters in trying to score
on 2 July 2012
This second one in the Assassin Series was such a great read, loved Lucas and Fallon but did feel like shaking Fallon sometimes though..was also good to see how Elie and Sheas life was panning out..As for Levi he is such a rat and cant wait to read the third in the series when it is released...This book certainly kept me up to stupid oclock reading as I couldnt put it down.
on 10 April 2013
This book was unbelievable.
Fallon and Lucas meet again after seven years .
Lucas plays hockey with Shea . Don't forget Shea's wife Elli owns the team.
This book will also make you cry and shout as if you were talking to your friends
It is a great follow on and you meet lots of characters that you will love .