5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Agent of Change (Liaden Universe Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
The first book in an unputdownable series, which has more than stood the test of time. I have the whole series as hardback books, and re-read them regularly, but it's great to have them available on Kindle as well. And the first one is free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Space opera., 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Agent of Change (Liaden Universe Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This book is funny, clever and imaginative. The characters so real you find yourself cheering them on. I enjoyed reading it and can recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Converted to sci-fi!, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Agent of Change (Liaden Universe Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit, this book isn't my usual style. I'm more of a swords and sorcery fantasy addict than a sci-fi nut.

It could be for that reason I found this story is somewhat hard to follow at first, hence the 4 stars. However, I did soon pick up what was going on, and found myself drawn into this universe more and more, until I realised that I'd reached the end of the book.

I found the ending somewhat abrupt, though very suitable for the pacing of the novel. The characters became more and more interesting as the story progressed, and I finished this book with the vague impression that turtles of the non-teenage mutant type are also pretty awesome.

Definitely worth a read, and I know I'll be checking out the other books in this series to get my next sci-fi fix!

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Liaden book, 25 Aug 2014
Mr. S. Konopka "Torick" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Agent of Change (Liaden Universe Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I cam across series after reading a short story in on of the annuals. Short google an it transpired that there are many more books in the series and my kindle turned up this little pearl in second.
It was extremely good read. Needles to say. I started at 6 pm and I've realised at some point that the house is very quiet.... It was 3 am :)
Th universe is created in a brilliant way. Characters quickly gain their own lives and story is really interesting. Worth reading whether you are sf fan or not. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my fav stories, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Agent of Change (Liaden Universe Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have this in paperback but wanted an e copy as I like to re-read this series. Looking forward to the next in the Liaden universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liaden Universe, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Agent of Change (Liaden Universe Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I bless the day when I discovered Sharon Lee & Steve Miller. This book just made me hungry for more! M

5.0 out of 5 stars Change of pace, 6 Dec 2003
If you read Pratchett you will know that the turtle moves. If you read Agent of Change you will soon find out 'Turtles' can do a lot more than move. These are probably the best allies anyone could hope for. They regard one of our heroes as a brother and will stand no nonesence from those who offer him, and his new partner in stealth, violence.
Not that our heroes can't look after themselves remarkably well. In reviewing another book bobetjo describes Agent of Change as James Bond in Space and the least enjoyable of the 3 from Partners in Neccessity. I cannot agree. This book is full of suspense, twists and turns and some truly incredible aliens. All seven Liaden books show the same expertise in making characters vibrant and compelling. I enjoyed this book thoroughly and was very glad I had already aquired it's follow up so I could continue with the adventures.