on 25 March 2013
I've read a few of Scott Griffin's thrillers it's great to see some together in one volume. I'd already read Nightwatchman (a chilling but great story) but really enjoyed reading some of his other works. My favourite was The Benefactor, it's just such a frightening premise - being trapped in a villa on holiday and with an all-knowing stranger. Griffin explores the multiple sides of humanity and isn't afraid to make you question right and wrong. The books are varying lengths so you can read them according to what suits you best at the time.
on 3 April 2013
A great omnibus. I especially enjoyed the Nightwatchman, such an intriguing conspiracy. I hadn't read Scott Griffin, but found he had done his research. He includes strong characters and all the twists and bends I'd expect from a good thriller. The best bit - three books in one go! The Benefactor plays on very real fears about information dissemination and how much we actually give away about ourselves online. The Donor is more of a traditional suspense thriller. If you're a thriller/crime reader then I'd recommend Griffin. Very real people in surreal situations.