5.0 out of 5 stars Best slow cooker book I have bought
I have 4 slow cooker books including the one from Hamlyn (which probably everyone has as it's so cheap) but this is by far the best. Recipes you ACTUALLY WANT TO COOK and they are real family crowd-pleasers. Perfect for winter one-pot wonders, I love it.
Published 20 months ago by J. MACDONALD

1.0 out of 5 stars Recipes not at all nice
I bought this on the basis of the preview since the author seemed to have some sensible, practical advice to offer on using a slow cooker. I've never used mine anything like to the full so I was looking forward to trying some new recipes.

What disappointed me a lot was the author's dependence on tinned food, bottles of cook-in sauces, and other such chat...
Published 19 months ago by MarmaladeQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Best slow cooker book I have bought, 5 Nov. 2013
J. MACDONALD (London) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuss free recipes deliver great tasting meals, 27 Aug. 2013
Let's face it, slow cookers rarely deliver on their promise. What you want is to chuck a few ingredients in a pot, walk away and get on with your life, and return in a few hours to some great tasting food. I bought one of the best rated slow cooker books a couple of years ago but was put off by the instructions to brown and pre-cook food before in went into the cooker. That kind of defeats the whole point of the exercise if you ask me.
Last month I dragged the slow cooker out from the back of the cupboard and decided to try again. Decided to try this book as a friend had one of the author's previous books, and so far - big difference. We've only had the book a couple of weeks but so far we've been able to make Bolognese sauce and Sweet and Sour chicken by really just chopping up a few ingredients and chucking them in the pot. No browning, no part frying of vegetables, and the results still taste great. Beef Rendang took a little bit more effort (ie whizz a few ingredients to make a paste) but also was simple and was served up to visiting family to much acclaim. The book is broken up into helpful chapters based upon the time and ingredients that you have and I'm looking forward to giving a few more a try. It also a good looking book, with great photos, in contrast to other slow cooker books which seem to be pretty cheaply produced.
Slow cooking is not haute cuisine, but when family life gets hectic this books really does seem to be able to deliver on the dream of spending 20 minutes preparing a meal in the morning and serving up a great family supper when everyone drags themselves home in the evening.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes - make sure right size slow cooker!, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks (Kindle Edition)
I've tried a few recipes from this book.

At first I thought the book was not very good - food getting burnt, drying out and not looking like the pictures. I was using a 6.7litre crock pot.

After trying some other cook books with similar results I decided to try a 3.5 litre slow cooker and it's made an amazing difference!

In the 6.7 pot I did think it was half full - which is why I persevered so long! But the 3.5 is the correct size for these recipes and they are much tastier and fit in the pot fine!

I do think the pictures are misleading though - there are some pictures which contain ingredients not in the recipes.

Our favourite recipes from this are the meatballs and chicken with leaks and bacon.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite slow cooker recipe book yet, 1 Dec. 2013
McGoogly (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this book unseen on the basis of the favourable reviews I read here on Amazon and I haven't been disappointed. I already ow about 8 slow cooker books, many of which have some delicious recipes. What particularly appeals to me about this book is two things - every recipe has a full page colour picture & (and this is the reason I really love it) all of the recipes are 'chuck it in and turn it on' recipes. I haven't found a single recipe that requires you to pre-cook onions and garlic or to brown the meat before putting it into the slow cooker. For me the whole point of slow cooking is thatI can quickly chuck stuff into the pot before I leave for work or a weekend day out and then return, hours later, to a delicious dinner. Favourite recipes so far are:-

Spanish chicken and chorizo
Beef bourguignon
Easy peasy boiled ham
Thai green chicken curry
Chicken with leeks and mozzarella
Lamb shanks in red wine and redcurrant
Hunters chicken
Sticky five spice ribs
Smoky bbq pork ribs
Toffee apple pudding

I could go on....!

There is a reasonable selection of vegetarian recipes and a good selection of starters, snacks, main courses and puddings. I don't suppose any of the recipes are cutting-edge but they work, they are simple and they taste good and they really do involve a minimum of preparation.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Slow Cooker Bible !, 7 May 2014
Looked at a lot of slow cooker books but in most of them you have to pre cook some or all of the ingredients before using the cooker. Which for us rather misses the whole point of put it in, turn it on and leave it. However in this book all the recipes just require you to put the ingredients in, turn it on and let it do its thing while you get on with doing what ever you like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Oct. 2013
This book is a massive time saver. Brilliant to come home after a busy day and know that the dinner is ready and full of flavour. We all particularly love the hunters chicken!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best slow cooker recipe book that I have bought!, 17 Jan. 2014
J. Owston (Newcastle Upon Tyne, England) - See all my reviews
This is the best slow cooker recipe book that I have bought. It's great because all the recipes are grouped by cooking time. Also, quite a lot of the recipes are where you just bung the ingredients in the slow cooker and are not messing about browning etc. However there is also a section featuring special recipes for when you might have a bit more time eg a weekend.
I would recommend this book to people who work long hours but still want to make and eat nice food. It would also be great for slow cooker beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars great and easy, 29 Dec. 2013
Good recipes with easy to follow instructions. Would recommend to anyone wanting to cook and go with their slow cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Oct. 2013
We have had the lasagne, hunters chicken, Bolognese sauce, venison cassoulet but with pork sausages. All been a winner in my house. Many thanks for saving my slow cooker from yet another stew. Can't wait to try more recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples!, 19 Nov. 2013
This was the first Slow Cooker cookbook I had read which didn't require me to brown meat or pre-cook ingredients prior to the slow-cooking process.
The reason I bought a Slow Cooker was so that most of the work was taken out of the process! Browning meat and pre-cooking seemed to be self-defeating.
Thank You, Audrey Deane! This is a "buy it, bung it in and forget it until it's cooked" book full of tasty recipes which work. To be fair, if you want to indulge in a bit more preparation, this book covers that, too.
Covers the subject comprehensively in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand style.
Excellent.