5.0 out of 5 stars A good read
When you read this it makes me,glad I haven't a fortune or famous.
If you like reading about,the Hollywood "set" this is for you.
Older stars as well as new ones,I wonder how they are even
able to stand up,never mind function and learn lines?
Published 9 months ago by nellie

3.0 out of 5 stars This is good for anyone who likes to read about Hollywood
Published 4 months ago by KG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars This is good for anyone who likes to read about Hollywood, 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Hollywood Scandals (Mammoth Books) (Kindle Edition)
This is good for anyone who likes to read about Hollywood, but it is good to know before you buy it that the majority are very old scandals, from the start of the 1900s- don't buy expecting it to be about modern scandals. Plus, I feel like the selection of stories is a little odd- some huge stories are left out, while lesser ones are included. That being said, it is an interesting read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 14 Mar 2014
This is a very informative book giving plenty of depth to many scandals over a very long period.
While it covers most of the more publicised events from the past it gives a good insight into the more obscure incidents too.
A good read, would recommend it to all movie buffs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 9 Feb 2014
Interesting if you are curious about the weird world of Hollywood and it's inhabitants. Appeared to be quite well researched.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 1 Feb 2014
When you read this it makes me,glad I haven't a fortune or famous.
If you like reading about,the Hollywood "set" this is for you.
Older stars as well as new ones,I wonder how they are even
able to stand up,never mind function and learn lines?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 27 Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It's a great read with some interesting facts about some very famous scandals. It was almost a book of two halves and while I knew who I was reading about in the modern day half, I had no idea in the older part. I had to look up on the web! It would be nice to have photos with this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Facinating :), 17 Jun 2014
This book is full of interesting facts and shocking revelations about all the actors and actresses we have loved over the decades.

I especially loved all the chapters about early Hollywood, even though I had to Google who most of them were :p

I couldn't put this book down :)

5.0 out of 5 stars So many tragic stories here...worth a read if you love Hollywood stories, 10 Nov 2013
I love this book...so much so,that although I pre=ordered the paperback,I decided to get the Kindle version to read whilst travelling.I love the many varied stories..from the early days of Hollywood,to the modern stories that most of us have followed in the media.I enjoyed dipping in at random,rather than reading the book from start to finish,and particularly liked the stories of lesser known actors and actresses.Although I knew quite a few of the stories in this book,I found more information than had previously been available elsewhere.The Roscoe "Fatty"Arbuckle story had so much more detailed information and gave a sympathetic account of his later life.One of the saddest stories in the book,in my opinion.I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read the facts,without the embellishment of rumour or hearsay.Michelle Morgan has done her research well and I found this book to be a very interesting read...I hope there will be a second volume,as I'm sure there must be many other such sad tales of early Hollywood,in particular. . .

4.0 out of 5 stars Towset, 8 Sep 2014
This is a book that you can pick up, read a chapter or two and return when it suits. It is well researched and well written and gives a fascinating insight how some individuals blessed with fame can equally be damaged, or worse, by it. An easy four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in Hollywood Scandals!, 3 Nov 2013
If like me, you have a fascination with Hollywood, then this is the book for you.
Whether your taste is stars of the silver screen or modern day actresses/actors, this book covers it all.

It's obvious the author has thoroughly done her research, I found myself reading new info on scandals that I thought I already had good knowledge on.

I found due to the chapters, each being a different scandal, it was easy to pick up and put down, which was perfect for travelling etc, mind you I also found myself going through the index to read the chapters that mostly appealed to me first.

Having read all of this authors previous books, I can honestly say I was not disappointed and can not recommend or speak highly enough of it.

Looking forward to whatever the author is planning to pen next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 13 Nov 2013
This is a must read! Couldn't put the book down. This book should be on everyone's Christmas list. Worth every penny!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›