4.0 out of 5 stars clean as a whistle
Published 18 months ago by SBno1

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for small areas
We have a 6 year old boy in our house, and a fairly light coloured carpet which has taken a battering over the years, as you can imagine. We are always trying different products to try and help keep the carpet clean and in good condition, and haven't found one we are 100% happy with yet. Hence, when I saw this product I was keen to try it out.

This product...
Published 17 months ago by Stracs

4.0 out of 5 stars clean as a whistle, 13 May 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You would be forgiven for thinking this was a rubbish item as the brush, when fully assembled, looks and feels flimsy and cheap. However, this isn't meant to brush the entire households' carpets, but for smaller areas of high traffic eg steps 1 and 2 of the stairs, the bit of carpet right in front of the main house door etc. The problem is that it cleans so well, that the rest of the carpet starts to look a bit dirtier than before and you quickly fall into the trap of wanting to clean a bit more, then a bit more until you run out of product.

It would also be good to keep for when you have occasional mishaps or when someone walks in with shoes covered in wet mud or something that should have been picked up by a responsible dog owner!

The diagram on the box would suggest that you just push the brush forward and leave a nice clean carpet behind you - a little misleading. Firstly you need to give the can a good shake, then work in the foam, leave to dry and vacuum up. It is mainly for soiled carpets, if the carpet is stained (especialy if it is an old dried stain), then this may not get it out completely and you may need other Vanish products.

I have a light carpet that is 18 months old and was starting to show a dark area around the front door, this cleaned the carpet up nicely. I recommended this to a relative with a much older carpet and whilst this cleaned the front door area, it then showed-up the rest of the carpet as being slightly soiled too. That being said, it won't be long before its blends in!

In all it is a good product to have, but if your carpet is generally soiled throughout and likely to show up when you have cleaned a small area, you just may be better off renting a carpet cleaner from the local supermarket and doing to whole carpet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for small areas, 21 Jun 2013
Stracs "Stracs" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This product isn't massively different to the usual can of Vanish that you quirt, run into the carpet, leave and vacuum off. I always found that product problematic though, as I suffer from arthritis so having to get down on my knees and scrub is painful for me. I tried this as it comes with a device which allows you to attach a can of foam to a handle, enabling you to use the foam and scrub it into the carpet without getting down on your knees. The foam is then meant to bring the dirt to the surface so that it can be easily vacuumed away.

As with the usual Vanish foam the product did work, but not as well as I hoped. The carpet looked a bit cleaner but you could definitely till see the marks on it, even with multiple uses (though perhaps this wouldn't be as noticeable on a darker carpet). I also found it quite hard work using this contraption on a larger area of floor, which is what I was given the impression I could do by the marketing of this product. My living room is not massive but I still struggled to cover a large area with this. Overall, this is still a spot cleaner and nothing more, which is not what I expected from the product, and indeed could prove expensive if you were trying to use the foam over a large area. The product is ok in the absence of anything better on the market, but if I find something similar I would definitely switch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fancy a foam party?, 13 May 2013
RM/TM (UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This gizmo really needs two separate reviews - one for the mousse cleaner, which is a great product, and one I've used for years, and another for the delivery system, which is a bit of a disaster if I'm really honest.

First the mousse. This works best on fresh stains, and if applied immediately will lift pretty much anything. And I do mean anything. I've successfully got rid of human vomit, ink, cat sick and red wine (an entire bottle of the latter) by applying to the stain with paper towels, working in carefully, then vacuuming the area when dry. The product also works on older stains, though not nearly as effectively, and ideally you should wet them first. You do see some very minor colour loss in your carpet sometimes, but obviously it's preferable to pussy vom, so no big deal really.

Now onto the 'easy clean' (snigger) system. This consists of a self-assembly pole and brush head, into which the foam cannister plugs so you can release cleaning product as you scrub, and without having to bend down. I loved the idea of the brush, because my paper towels, though effective, do tend to disintegrate pretty easily when working on a stain. Putting the pole together wasn't exactly Krypton factor difficulty - though the instructions were wrong - I had no blue handle on mine. But when it came to trying to insert the foam cannister I was completely stumped. You're supposed to take the lid off - mine wouldn't budge and I ended up accidentally pressing the centre button and covering myself in foam. Furthermore, the instructions on the can differed from those on the box and showed the mousse being applied by spraying directly onto the carpet, with instructions to work in with a brush or cloth afterwards. I did spray the foam manually so I could try the brush with it, but the nozzle seemed faulty and I covered a huge area unintentionally - more like a fire extinguisher than a cleaning product. This might sound amusing, but the spray field was wide enough that I accidentally foamed an electric device and cable on the hall floor, and narrowly missed my trainers and handbag - and I'm pretty sure leather doesn't benefit a whole lot from Vanish.

In summary. mousse = mighty, pole = pants.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good . . . but, 12 May 2013
Benjamin (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Complete with a brush applicator this has almost all you need to clean your carpet (the bit you need to supply being a vacuum cleaner). The brush applicator needs to be assembled, which simply entails putting the handle together, fitting the brush head and inserting the spray can of cleaner. To clean the carpet is is just a case of brushing away while giving a regular squeeze of the trigger on the handle to release the foam cleaner from the spray can.

In practice it is straight forward and fairly quick, but it does require some physical effort. Stubborn spots need quite a bit of brushing, the problem for me (at 6ft) is that the handle of the brush is far too short; I had to work with my back bent over ninety degrees if I was to hold the handle with two hands - and it needs two hands, Vanish really need to provide another two handle sections for it to be a comfortable length. After cleaning one room I had worked up quite a sweat and had an aching back.

Information on the pack could be a lot better. I could not find anywhere information about coverage or the rate of application (that is not to say the information is not there, but that I could not find it. I do wish that they would provide the information and instructions without all the gimmicky graphics, and all in one place). I found that there was just enough to clean the carpet of a room 3m x 5m (about 12ft x 16ft), and at this price it works out rather expensive, although next time one would need to buy just the canister of foam cleaner which at the moment is about £5, which compares well with other products.

As for effectiveness, it did do a good job. I have used other carpet cleaners and of those Natural and Clean Dry Carpet Cleaner 500 g gives this one a good run for its money. Both need a good deal of brushing to be effective, and while the Natural and Clean leaves a good deal of powder to vacuum away after, I think I prefer it over this; although for speed the Vanish is quicker and less bother. However, a last word, I do like the smell, not a sweet flowery perfume but a rather manly scent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Mar 2014
Mr. Gordon Gitsham (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vanish Easy Clean Carpet Cleaning Kit 600 ml (Grocery)
I love this product, it gets used all the time to remove marks from my cream carpets. The only criticism I would make is that the handle feels as if it could snap when applying pressure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanish carpet cleaner, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Vanish Easy Clean Carpet Cleaning Kit 600 ml (Grocery)
It was bought because of the name= it was certainly useful with the brush that was included = a very good cleaner = would recommend getting the brush as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good product, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Vanish Easy Clean Carpet Cleaning Kit 600 ml (Grocery)
I have a beige carpet, granddaughter came along after carpet purchased this is just what is needed to keep it clean with out big cleaning bills

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanish, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Vanish Easy Clean Carpet Cleaning Kit 600 ml (Grocery)
Great product saved me money. Well worth the buy as I have a dog it cleans were she walks with her damp feet. I will recommend this product. Once again s great service from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanish Easy Clean, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Vanish Easy Clean Carpet Cleaning Kit 600 ml (Grocery)
I have already written a review for this item 2 days ago, this item arrived earlier than expected, tried this on my carpet yesterday worked really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Vanish Easy Clean Carpet Cleaning Kit 600 ml (Grocery)
This is really easy to use.
It's lightweight and actually rakes the pet fur out of the carpet as well!
I've already gone through a can of foam and I've only had it a few days!