5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!
Published 17 months ago by Mr C

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, I wish I hadn't
I second what NP ADAMS said.
I'm in the process of sending mine back (not to amazon). The wireless sub cuts out for a second or two at random times, does not matter if your watching Live TV, DVD, PS3/4, or if you use a optical / HDMI cables.

I have many Sony products and never had a problem with either one, I expect much better from Sony.

If you...
Published 5 months ago by Qmas

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sony HT-CT260H 2.1 Channel Virtual Surround Sound Bar for TV with Wireless Subwoofer and HDMI Connection (Electronics)
Bought this to complement a Sony LED TV - which being of the ultra-thin variety had rubbish inbuilt sound. The difference that this soundbar has made is immense! Easy to set up (single optical connection in my case) with the sub-woofer automatically connecting via a wireless link meant 15 minutes setup start to finish (and 5 of that was getting it out of the packaging!). Haven't explored bluetooth capabilities yet, but confident that all will be well.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Unclutter the Sound System!, 21 April 2014
S. Bradnam (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this to unclutter a Sony 5.1 home theatre system that I have been very happy with, but which is wire and cable central!! This does not disappoint. Couple of wires between the bar and TV and that is it. Sound is rich and immersive (and as good as my previous one quite frankly) and wireless sub-woofer is excellent, needing only power - mine is about 8 feet from the bar and works a treat. Sets up very easy from the box, and Amazon price/delivery is spot on. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 14 Mar. 2014
Connected to Tv easily using the supplied fibre optic cable. Super sound compared to just the tv. Super Woofer switches off if there is no bass, this confused me at first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but no cigar., 4 Dec. 2014
Had this item for 12 months now and it's a decent bit of kit but not perfect by any means. Placement is key. I initially had the bar on bottom tv shelf but now moved up to about a foot below tv and sounds better.

Pro's - huge improvement on tv speakers. Sounds fantastic on Music channels like MTV. Base is very strong. Good price.

Con's - I bought this for its Bluetooth so I could play Spotify etc. It works alright but the range is poor. Anything above 5 feet and it cuts out. (I have got WiFi equipment nearby which maybe an issue but range poor regardless)
Also maybe it's just me but after 12 months I'm still fiddling with sound settings as I can't get it quite right. Have now gone without 'effects' a setting which seriously reduces the volume output. Generally, it's very basey and middle and treble a bit weak.

Overall it's ok. I have no experience of other soundbars so maybe I'm being harsh but it doesn't blow me away. I'd suggest very few average users will be dissatisfied but people used to expensive sound systems will be left wanting a bit more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, I wish I hadn't, 23 Dec. 2014
I second what NP ADAMS said.

If you search Sony's website (.COM) for this model (HT-CT260H) you will find many people all with the same problem. So Sony are fully aware of the issue with this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 21 Feb. 2014
I was initially a bit apprehensive looking at the negative reviews here, but went ahead anyway. I have found the sound and reliability excellent, and very adjustable. I noted two problems people seemed to be having - the subwoofer fading in and out, and difficulty in HDMI connection. I haven't had the subwoofer issue, but then it is in line of sight about two or three metres from the bar. I imagine if it was blocked by a wall, the wireless signal might not be strong enough. Now initially, I had a problem with the HDMI, but found it was the CABLE. You need a GOOD quality, high speed cable, and you must use the TV's ARC HDMI socket, else expect problems. Some thought the sound was too bassy, well the subwoofer itself can be made quieter, and then the bass itself lowered - you can eliminate bass completely that way, but why would you? It's a great rich sound, with a cinema experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sub-woofer drops out intermittently..., 4 Jan. 2015
Purchased this in December 2013. This has a fault where the wireless sub intermittently cuts out, mostly noticeable during films, but can happen any time. The only reason I have given this 2 stars is because the sound quality and features are otherwise good - but pretty much a useless product for me with the sub cutting out. A search on the internet (and these reviews) show that this is a pretty common problem that users have. Would not recommend buying this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 2 Jun. 2014
Works out the box. Easy to set up. Great sound. No complaints. The World Cup is going to sound so much better in my house this summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 Feb. 2014
Worked straight out of box
Sound quality great easy to use, could do with more tone adjustemt
First class product would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 26 Sept. 2013
"I have just bought one of these and I love it. It looks great in my living room and the sound is fantastic. It's hard to believe that something so slim can produce such a big noise! Brilliant."