FRY

5.0 out of 5 stars Ha! More please.
Published 15 months ago by Liz Wilkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read
Good read, the latter half of the book was very frustrating and a bit weird - sometimes was left saying out loud "why would you do that?! WHO would do that?!" (Actually, said that a good few times whilst reading this) However, was okay for the price and kept you engaged to the end.
Published 9 months ago by Shorntay Allen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ha! More please., 23 Mar 2013
Liz Wilkins "Lizzy11268" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
So, I started reading this early afternoon and five hours later I was done. Yes it really is that good - I would strongly advise that you do not pick it up unless you have a free few hours to spare. Strangely I didnt think I was going to like it for the first few pages, probably because there is no hanging around - bam! There you are, straight into the action. Having just finished a slightly less pacy book, its probable that my brain took a few pages to catch up with the rest of me! After that however, I was completely hooked. Isabel accidentally hits Alicia with her car, and as anyone would, offers her assistance. Upon realising that Alicia is a bit down and out, Isabel gets her a job and slowly but surely Alicia becomes part of her life. Then the fun and games really begin. A series of strange fires, the complete and utter adoration of Alicia from all Isabel's friends, and a missing cat, all form part of a really entertaining (and often bemusing and nerve wracking) tale. I loved all the characters in this, the dynamic between the group of friends, both before Alicia's arrival and after, is extremely realistic - in fact the carefree and intimate way they interact certainly is reminiscent of a group of friends I had in my younger years and I would imagine anyone reading this might be reminded of such relationships from their own lives. What happens to Isabel, and her cohorts, and their reactions to these things, are very well written. You almost feel as if you are there with them. At its heart, this is a story about friendships, the things that test those friendships, and how your relationships might change as a result. It is also a brilliant psychological thriller that will keep you turning the pages until you are done. If Ms Dounaeva had another book out already, that is what I would be reading right now. Well, maybe later...I need some coffee first! Terrific, don't miss it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Psychological Thriller, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
A really enjoyable first novel from a promising author, I read this psychological thriller in record time, it was that gripping it kept me guessing right up until the last page. The story of a ruthless arsonist who was befriended by the main character was well constructed and delightfully written, I look forward to reading more offerings from this talented author, well done Ms Dounaeva.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling psychological suspense, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
Quite brilliant. Fast-moving, action-packed, subtle and slaps you round the face from start to finish. We all make the odd mistake now and then, but for most of us, it doesn't come back and bite you on the bum many years later. The halo of innocence above Lorna's villain is held so firmly in place that our luckless leading lady is left doubting her own sanity. The reader is also left doubting her sanity to the point that nothing falls into place until the very last page. Who is the twisted fire starter? I am the slowest reader in Britain, but raced through Fry in just two days. A gripping read, which I thoroughly recommend to readers of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enthralling debut, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
To the author - congratulations on your debut novel. I was hooked on Fry from the first page! The story had my heart racing and my mind in over-drive as the lives of Isobel, Alicia, Deacon, Rhett, Kate and others unfolded before me. I absolutely recommend Fry and look forward to Lorna Dounaeva's next novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fry, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
I sped through this fast paced, gripping psychological thriller in just two days. I found it easy to read with an interesting plot, quite reminiscent of Single White Female. This debut novel was very enjoyable and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
What to say... Well from page 2 I was hooked. After what appears to be an accident, Isabel meets a new friend. Soon some phychological games begin. At times Isabel wonders if she is losing her mind and her friends don't seem to acknowledge there's a problem. After visiting her brother Julio and his girlfriend Holly, Isabel believes she has found an ally. Then the plot gets more complicated. Can someone be in two places at the same time? Or could it be Isabel is simply having a breakdown. This is a fast paced story I found difficult to put down. It has so many twists and turns. I love the way it is written and can highly recommend the book, it really is memorable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Read, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
A great story, kept me engrossed from start to finish, which is saying something as it is the first book I've managed to finish since my son was born 10mths ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars FRY, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
FRY is a very suspenseful psychological thriller. Written in a conversational English dialect, it quickly and easily captures the reader's attention. The protagonist is tormented and driven crazy, or possibly is leading a double life. One secret after another is deftly revealed with her sanity coming more and more in question, to herself and the reader. She is delusional or dissociating, paranoid, or else reailty is unraveling. The reader anticipates the worst and hopes for the best, but mostly just needs to know what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilling, suspenseful, and fun!, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
A really good read through and through. Had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. I would definitely recommend for anyone who enjoys fun girly novels as well as thrillers and mystery novels. Great to take whilst on vacation or to have a mini vacation at home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Firesome Thriller, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: FRY (Kindle Edition)
FRY by Lorna Dounaeva is a pyrotechnic psychological thriller of the most brilliant kind. The author had me gripped once the story began to move in sinister twists that never let up. Relentless is the word this reader would describe the plot.
Isabel almost runs down Alicia. She feels guilty and sets Alicia up with a job where she works. A friendship starts but soon becomes a game of cat and mouse as fires erupt all over the town of Queensbeach in UK. Subtle hints are played to great effect as Isabel starts to unravel for she becomes the prime suspect.
Isabel must stay one step ahead of the police and stop Alicia before she goes completely mad or ends up in prison.
Read this FIVE STAR thriller to find if she succeeds. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›