5.0 out of 5 stars Smarter than the average 3D movie!
Published on 12 Oct 2012 by Mr. R. B. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved it.
Was ok for a saturday rainy afternoon watch. Kids loved it. Lots of adult humour in it too, so that was a bonus.
Published 15 months ago by Francesca Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars Smarter than the average 3D movie!, 12 Oct 2012
Mr. R. B. Robinson "Raymond" (South Africa) - See all my reviews
All my expectations were exceeded when I watched Yogi Bear. It is an EXCELLENT family movie with NO language or sexual implications whatsoever! Any child of any age (including me at 46) will enjoy this true-to-original but very realistic movie. Then when I watched it in 3D, it was almost like watching a completely new movie! The 3D effect is STUNNING and really places you inside the forest from the first frame!

This movie was filmed using proper 3D cameras (dual lenses), and so it was not just made to be 3D using computers (post-production). The effect is awesome and every single frame is in true 3D. Even the "behind the scenes" on the 3D disc has special features focusing on the 3D aspects of the movie; these features are NOT found on the 2D version disc!

My kids are irritated with for for watching "their" movie over and over, but I honestly CANNOT fault this movie in any way! I must concede that this movie is "smarter than the average 3D movie"!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely enjoyable, 18 Oct 2011
I am not going to comment about the plot - others have done that very well already, but I guess I must be young at heart because I completely and totally enjoyed this 80 minute 3D treasure which I why I have given it a well deserved five stars. Almost from the start, Yogi's telescope came out of the screen and poked me in the eye! There were several other occasions when things thrown in my direction only just missed!!! Yogi and Boo Boo are sooo cute, how could Ranger Smith or anyone be angry with them? The scenary around "Jellystone" is beautiful, and if my memory is correct, it was filmed in New Zealand.

I am using the latest Optoma HD33 3D projector onto a 108 inch (9ft) diagonal screen where these 3D effects become very noticeable and effective. I have found that if I pause the movie at certain points, it is almost as if I am looking through a window at the real thing. I also did this when watching The Grand Canyon. The 3D on that IMAX documentary is so realistic that it's almost like being there.

It is my hope that more film makers will move into 3D because this technology has made 2D seem very plain and ordinary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome To Jellystone Park, 7 Aug 2014
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Like many other people I grew up watching the Hanna Barbera Yogi Bear cartoons, and this film is a good way to introduce a younger generation to this crazy bear. You still have his catchphrases here, ‘I’m smarter that the av-er-age bear’ and ‘pic-a-nic baskets’ as well as the mayhem that Yogi always manages to cause.

With the City Mayor wanting to re-zone Jellystone Park and thus let loggers onto the site he sees that he can turn around this drain on finances and make a profit, giving citizens some payback, and thus improving his chances for running for State Governor. Told that unless he can miraculously bring Jellystone Park into the black within a week Ranger Smith looks like he may come a cropper; even putting on a celebratory centenary event may not be enough, especially when Yogi takes part in the events, and it looks like the end of Jellystone Park as we know it.

With Rachel, a wildlife documentary film maker appearing at the park, wanting to film Yogi with the aid of Boo Boo, romance is definitely in the air for Head Ranger Smith. Will she be able to help the park along with the regulars? And what can Boo Boo’s pet turtle do to save the situation? Cue lots of fun and chaos along with a good dose of slapstick as the story unfolds. As Yogi goes on with his pursuit of picnic baskets we also see his new invention the ‘Baskit Grabber 2000’.

There are a few extras on this which are really very short little films; arguably the only one that will grab us adult’s attention being how we see certain elements from the cartoons now brought to life in this film. There are also subtitles available on this as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a boo-boo, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Yogi-Bear is a family feast - lots of famous voices and a great soundtrack, this will be enjoyed by all the family. Bright and fluffy fun, with the likeable Yogi & Boo-boo, an engaging adventure for all . 8/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Underrated good family fun!, 31 Mar 2014
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This movie is not a cartoon, but brings characters to life in the same vein as the original animation. The plot is good, the acting fine and the laughs regular. Dan Aykroyd plays a great Yogi, and Timberlake an amazing Boo Boo!
If you have kids, buy this and it will give you all great entertainment. If you don't have kids then buy it in case some come to visit. If they don't you will of course have to watch it yourself anyway

4.0 out of 5 stars Yogi Bear is smarter and funnier then the average bear in this fun family movie., 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
My partner and I took my five year old daughter to see Yogi Bear at the cinema yesterday and all three of us enjoyed it very much. I use to love watching the Yogi Bear cartoons on tv as a kid and my dad before me was a fan of them, when they first came out in the 1960's too. "Dan Aykroyd" who has starred in many great comedy films over the years such as The Blues Brothers [DVD] [1980] and Ghostbusters [DVD] is perfect for the voice of Yogi Bear. There are many funny moments throughout the film as Yogi Bear and pals try to save Jellystone park from being cut down and destroyed by the city mayor. I was surprised at what a good job "Justin Timberlake" did of voicing Boo-Boo and the frog faced turtle is so cute with it's extra long tongue. "Tom Cavanagh" from the tv series Scrubs plays the role of Ranger Smith whom is more likeable then the cartoon version. Ranger Smith falls in love with a documentary film-maker who is acted by the pretty "Anna Faris". If your children like the Garfield and Scooby Doo movies then I'm sure they will enjoy Yogi Bear too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
dvd for 5+, great for adults too, naughty yogi! great value and fast post. I would recommend watched with an adult as there are some seens that may need a bit of explanation or a clear - never do that! its all pretend etc!

5.0 out of 5 stars IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN YOGI BEAR IN 3D, YOU HAVE NOT LIVED, 28 Sep 2011
I JUST LOVED THIS FILM, YES I AM A 45 YEAR OLD BLOKE WHO STILL HAS A SENCE OF HUMOUR, NOT MEANY OF US LEFT.IT'S PERFECT FOR ALL AGES, WITH GOOD 3D. BE SMARTER THAN THE AVARAGE BEAR AND WATCH IT YOUR SELF.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the old miseries., 5 April 2011
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
My wife and I loved this film and we saw it without kids! It's Yogi Bear which means it's silly, childish and very funny. Why some people are expecting something more I just can't fathom. If you've got kids they will love it, if you remember Yogi bear from your childhood days and loved him you will think you've died and gone to heaven watching this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Yogi Bear [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Very funny family movie, my three and four year olds absolutely adore it.

Yogi Bear (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Yogi Bear (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) by Eric Breving (Blu-ray - 2012)