Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.32

on 16 March 2015
Ice and a slice is addictive. Once I started reading this book I could not stop. You get such a feel for the main character, her personality the way she reacts to situations and her reasoning with regards to having an addiction are so true you forget she is fictional.There are a few romance bits that are cheeky and quite sweet but not in a fingers down your throat way.Packed with plenty of humour without making light of a serious subject, this is truly good and informed writing. There is a sequel to this book (The morning after the life before) I will certainly get my hands on it. Can't wait for my next fix!
on 10 June 2013
Ice and a Slice is an amazing book that should be required reading in high School! Smart, funny, frightening & sad; well written and very well researched. I loved it.
on 22 April 2013
Della totally captured the feelings and despair of an alcoholic. I was with this character all the way. I could not put it down I was up until 3am finishing it.
on 21 July 2013
I read Della Galton's Ice And A Slice (Great title!) in two sittings. It would have been one, but I had to go out and couldn't wait to come back to it. This author has clearly done her research and through her main character, SJ, Della shows how easy it is to let a slight drink problem get totally out of control - and how hard it can be to admit that help is needed. It was very easy to read because it was so well written with realistic characters, all with problems of their own. I would - and will - be recommending this book to my friends.
on 20 September 2013
As a recovering alcoholic myself I could identify with Sarah Jane. This is an excellent read which had me both laughing and crying. I highly recommend it.
on 15 August 2013
Never has a character had such an impact on me before! I was hooked from the first page and as the story unfolded I couldn't work out if I was reading fiction or a self-help book. I could relate so much to SJ (although thankfully not in every way), her pain, denials, her constant inner monologue of self doubt all resonated with my own life, as if Della had crawled into my brain and picked at my thoughts.
I would highly recommend this book, a fantastic read and just for the record I haven't had a glass of chardonnay for 8 days!
on 15 August 2013
Della's books never fail to engross me. Ice and a Slice was brilliant, both in characterisation and the lovely language used. Can't wait for the sequel.
on 22 July 2014
gave it top ratings this novel because loved how the plot evolved really could connect with the characters also probably drank a lot less that weekends
on 7 June 2014
I must admit I did not expect to really like a book about alcolhism but it was good! In fact it was one of the best books I have read for a long time.
on 23 January 2014
Fantastic read very realistic thoroughly enjoyed it! Felt like a part of the main characters life great details of thoughts and feeling! Loved it!