5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally and Externally
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:
100% Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Free from Cholesterol, Gluten, Preservatives, Additives and GM products

Nutritional value (per 100g):
Energy = 3696KJ/899Kcal
Protein = 0g...
Published 5 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Very raw coconut oil
Good for baby hair very organic
Published 6 days ago by Emmanuel Umune

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally and Externally, 11 July 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Raw Organic Coconut Oil 500ml (Grocery)
Reason for buying:

Energy = 3696KJ/899Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 93.9g)
Fibre = 0g
Cholesterol = 0g
Sodium = 0g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 tablespoons a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland but when I added hot coconut oil to it. It make a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking, it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 oF.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives:
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with this product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other high quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
Lucy Bee's nearest rival is "Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil". I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict: Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny., 2 Aug 2014
Lovely, soft, tasty for those with deteriorating memory like mine!! I have MS and memory is very bad. My mum recommended it to me having tried it herself first. My mum takes it on bread and has started to remember things from when she was a nipper, she's 64 now!! She's remembered her first dog who she had completely forgotten about and who died when she was 3.

As a skin care product it does everything, washes, moisturises, everything. I will let you know how it goes with my own memory.

Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars from skeptic to believer!!, 31 Oct 2014
amazing.. you can tell the quality of this product is amazing... trust me, dont settle for less.. i used to buy the horrible ktc coconut oil. never having used a good one before, i used it for a long time (nearly 2 years). i kept getting comments that i smelt bad, even though i showered nearly everyday!! after doing some research i decided to try this instead.. amazing!! i thoguht at first it was expensive but after buying it, the jar is huge! not only that, you use 2x less product than you would on a cheaper coconut oil. this smells and tastes delicious and fresh straight from the coconut!! my baby finally smells delicious i just keep smelling her all day now.. i really recommend this.. PLUS one way you can tell its pure coconut oil it when its melted. if the coconut oil is completly clear, then its pure. if it has a tinge of yellow, its not pure and has most likely been refined. it would contain alot of impurities in it. this is clear ad i will never buy another coconut oil again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 28 July 2013
I love love love this coconut oil, in fact I can't seem to stop eating it and will have to order another jar very soon! I actually don't like coconuts but this is something different. I've also just ordered the book too and am looking forward to finding out all the health benefits. So far I have been putting it in coffee, using as a spread and also eating straight from the jar! I have no hesitation in recommending this product. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've tried the rest but found the best, 23 Jun 2013
I've been using coconut oil for years in cooking and general day to day food preparation the health benefits are becoming more and more obvious with the reports and surveys coming out and there now seems to be a greater public awareness of these benefits.
Lucybee is by far the best I have used the quality is easy to see by just opening the jar and feeling the texture compared to others I also like the fact that it is fair trade, certainly my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars good taste - positively surprised, 21 Sep 2014
Good taste. Not usually good with anything greasy tasting, but is surprisingly pleasant. Now just eat a teaspoon every morning. Also using it for oil swishing and great for my gums and definitely whiter teeth. Also used with success on my son's eczema. I've just ordered my second jar. Was well packaged too, quick delivery. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coconut oil there is, 19 July 2013
I have tried a few of these before but this is the one I keep coming back to, it's great for cooking and baking and it's great value too. I would highly recommend :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product all round, 7 Oct 2014
I use this as an after bath moisturiser on my son who is 11 months after binning all my Johnson and Johnson products because of the chemicals.I also cook our food with Lucy Bee.
Great product all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Versatile, 18 July 2013
Finally got my hands on this amazing coconut oil. Can't believe how versatile it is.
I mainly use this on my skin but I often find myself using it on my hair and to cook with.
I need an industrial size jar to keep me going!
Thanks Lucy Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum, 28 Aug 2013
Absolutely love this stuff, so versatile! I've been cooking with it for a while and I add it to my coffee....it's even great on my skin!

Highly recommend trying it!