4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek product with exceptional customer services from Mophie
Published 14 months ago by Pardonator

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of FAKE items & lifespan of this product.
Beware, my original purchase from AMAZON of this item turned out to be a fake after contacting Mophie. The item was replaced without fuss, and to be fair the product worked exactly as promised....... for about 4 months, then performance was noticeably poorer.

Published 17 months ago by Pat

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek product with exceptional customer services from Mophie, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Mophie Juice Pack Air External Battery Case Made for iPhone 5/5s in Red - MFi Approved (Accessory)
My iPhone 5 of just over 18 months started to develop battery issues. It would jump from 70% to 1%, or reach 30% then turn off. I struggled to get half a day out of it without any sort of use. I looked into battery packs and it's quite clear Mophie are the premium product in this area. I spent some time checking out reviews of various products but in the end settled for the Mophie case. The Air model gives 100% extra battery while not sacrificing on looks. The material is great quality, it all clips together without any raised edges and slips in the pocket nicely. It does add a bit of girth and weight but I actually quite like this, it's more natural to hold in the hand then the slim square edges without a case.

I've since replaced the internal battery via a £10 battery from Amazon which was pretty easy to do, but having the Mophie is great for long days out where you can't get to a charger.

You charge it up with a standard Micro USB cable, which will also charge the internal iPhone battery. Toggling the battery pack is a simple switch on the rear of the case, and there are 4 LED lights to show you how much charge remains.

The case itself comes in 2 parts, the iphone slides into the top part and the battery connector clips on the bottom easily, there's no chance of it falling off it's a secure fit. Unfortunately I took the lower piece off to dock it with my bedside alarm clock and I somehow managed to lose the bottom part. Checking online there doesn't seem to be anywhere to order just the lower part so I contacted Mophie in the states and amazingly they sent me a complete new case FOC including speedy shipping from USA. I'm blown away by this customer support and Mophie have gained a customer for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 14 Jun. 2013
Tony Crowley "Carmel C." (Co. Cork ire) - See all my reviews
Great case - I have found with the Iphone 5 that the battery does not have the same life span as the Iphone 4 - however the Morphie Juice Pack Air Case has sorted this problem - great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome except for a couple of niggling design flaws, 23 April 2014
P. Layton (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I had a Mophie case for my iPhone 4 and I loved it so much that I bought another for my iPhone 5S. The battery life in considerable (and entirely necessary for these smart phones). I bought the white case with silver and black trim, it looks like it fell out of a Stormtrooper's pocket and feels great in my hand.
My previous case had a rubberised finish which made it stick in the hand, but this case has a smooth finish which makes it easy to drop. The power button is no longer in a discreet recess on the corner but sticking out the back like a pimple, which makes it easy to switch on/off in your pocket.
Overall the case is awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I'd prefer to see the power switch hidden in a corner again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of FAKE items & lifespan of this product., 12 Dec. 2013

Now 1 year on and the pack was barely holding enough charge for an extra hour of use, I have also noticed the phone gets incredibly hot in my pocket whilst using the pack. ALSO last nights happenings prompted me to write this review to warn other readers.

I had the phone on charge whilst I got into bed, I heard what I at first assumed was something dropping on the floor, when I got out of bed I found the noise I had heard was the back popping off the main part of the back of the pack, with the battery inside exposed and visibly swollen (to the point where the back will not go back on). Now I'm not sure how dangerous this could potentially be but I am going to assume it's certainly not safe. I have contacted Mophie directly and will post their response here.

Just beware buyers.

I should also add that using this has caused significant cosmetic damage to the outside of the actual phone, something I've never had with any other case. It's not like I've been taking the thing on and off either everyday, It's probably been off around 6 times in the last year. Will definitely lower the resale value of the handset if you normally sell it off after contract is ended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 28 Jun. 2013
Awesome - yep it does add weight (its a battery!) but fits like a glove and looks like OEM kit. don't understand why they they opt for usb socket to charge the device, but cable included so no worries.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor performance for the price, 25 Jan. 2014
I had great expectations for this product cos it looks nice in picture. It sounds elegant in the ads but it didn't deliver! It didn't charge well and it always disconnects to the iphone5s. I initially thought there was something wrong with how i put it but after fiddling with it for a couple of hours, I realised it's the pack that's the problem, not me.

I want to get what I paid for and for the amount that I did, for this product, I got nothing! So I returned the very next day.

I bought a fairly cheap £20 battery pack from another company, which unbelievably, worked the way it should. And for the price, I was happy with it.

So price doesn't really guarantee quality, at this instance.

1.0 out of 5 stars They sold me a counterfeit device., 31 Mar. 2014
Jair Marrugo - See all my reviews
Device stopped working after three months.

I requested a warranty and appears they sold me a counterfeit device.

Please be aware before buying from this resseller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 7 Jan. 2014
They really work in an intelligent manner and I actually thing having a micro USB to charge makes them more flexible than using Apple's proprietary cables.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop working after 5 months, 12 May 2014
Item has stopped working after 5 months for no reason !!!!

It was working great and now it's just charging and stops every other second and no way to contact the seller to fix it or replace it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a battery boost, 16 April 2014
This is a really good product, charges the battery from low single digit charge (e.g. 8%) to a just about full charge (c95%). If it to a complete charge (100%) and had some extra juice it would be perfect. as a result 4 stars not 5 :)