4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek product with exceptional customer services from Mophie
Published 6 months ago by Pardonator

1.0 out of 5 stars poor performance for the price
I had great expectations for this product cos it looks nice in picture. It sounds elegant in the ads but it didn't deliver! It didn't charge well and it always disconnects to the iphone5s. I initially thought there was something wrong with how i put it but after fiddling with it for a couple of hours, I realised it's the pack that's the problem, not me.

I want...
Published 7 months ago by Albert Francis Onde

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek product with exceptional customer services from Mophie, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mophie Juice Pack Air External Battery Case Made for iPhone 5/5s in Red - MFi Approved (Accessory)
My iPhone 5 of just over 18 months started to develop battery issues. It would jump from 70% to 1%, or reach 30% then turn off. I struggled to get half a day out of it without any sort of use. I looked into battery packs and it's quite clear Mophie are the premium product in this area. I spent some time checking out reviews of various products but in the end settled for the Mophie case. The Air model gives 100% extra battery while not sacrificing on looks. The material is great quality, it all clips together without any raised edges and slips in the pocket nicely. It does add a bit of girth and weight but I actually quite like this, it's more natural to hold in the hand then the slim square edges without a case.

I've since replaced the internal battery via a £10 battery from Amazon which was pretty easy to do, but having the Mophie is great for long days out where you can't get to a charger.

You charge it up with a standard Micro USB cable, which will also charge the internal iPhone battery. Toggling the battery pack is a simple switch on the rear of the case, and there are 4 LED lights to show you how much charge remains.

The case itself comes in 2 parts, the iphone slides into the top part and the battery connector clips on the bottom easily, there's no chance of it falling off it's a secure fit. Unfortunately I took the lower piece off to dock it with my bedside alarm clock and I somehow managed to lose the bottom part. Checking online there doesn't seem to be anywhere to order just the lower part so I contacted Mophie in the states and amazingly they sent me a complete new case FOC including speedy shipping from USA. I'm blown away by this customer support and Mophie have gained a customer for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 14 Jun 2013
Tony Crowley "Carmel C." (Co. Cork ire) - See all my reviews
Great case - I have found with the Iphone 5 that the battery does not have the same life span as the Iphone 4 - however the Morphie Juice Pack Air Case has sorted this problem - great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome except for a couple of niggling design flaws, 23 April 2014
P. Layton (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I had a Mophie case for my iPhone 4 and I loved it so much that I bought another for my iPhone 5S. The battery life in considerable (and entirely necessary for these smart phones). I bought the white case with silver and black trim, it looks like it fell out of a Stormtrooper's pocket and feels great in my hand.
My previous case had a rubberised finish which made it stick in the hand, but this case has a smooth finish which makes it easy to drop. The power button is no longer in a discreet recess on the corner but sticking out the back like a pimple, which makes it easy to switch on/off in your pocket.
Overall the case is awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I'd prefer to see the power switch hidden in a corner again.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great way to double your iPhone 5's battery life, 27 Sep 2013
Gary Parker (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a quality item, beautifully made to match the quality of your iPhone. It increases the size and weight of the phone, so it might feel a bit lumpier in your pocket. But actually it makes the phone nicer to hold. It approximately doubles battery life (basically it contains a battery virtually identical to the one in the phone) which is a real benefit.
For me I don't mind the extra heft - it's hardly noticeable in daily life - but I am slightly annoyed by the fact that this has a micro-USB connector, not an iPhone 5 lightning connector. And you can't get at the phone's lightning connector without removing the phone. So you need yet another lead for charging! Doh! The advantage is you can charge with any of your friends' Android or Blackberry chargers (which are micro USB). The disadvantage is if you want to use your iPhone charger you will need to put the supplied micro-USB lead into your iPhone's charger instead of the lightning lead. Not a major problem but something to be aware of.
Overall, very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 28 Jun 2013
Awesome - yep it does add weight (its a battery!) but fits like a glove and looks like OEM kit. don't understand why they they opt for usb socket to charge the device, but cable included so no worries.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor performance for the price, 25 Jan 2014

I want to get what I paid for and for the amount that I did, for this product, I got nothing! So I returned the very next day.

I bought a fairly cheap £20 battery pack from another company, which unbelievably, worked the way it should. And for the price, I was happy with it.

So price doesn't really guarantee quality, at this instance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 7 Jan 2014
They really work in an intelligent manner and I actually thing having a micro USB to charge makes them more flexible than using Apple's proprietary cables.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop working after 5 months, 12 May 2014
Item has stopped working after 5 months for no reason !!!!

It was working great and now it's just charging and stops every other second and no way to contact the seller to fix it or replace it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a battery boost, 16 April 2014
This is a really good product, charges the battery from low single digit charge (e.g. 8%) to a just about full charge (c95%). If it to a complete charge (100%) and had some extra juice it would be perfect. as a result 4 stars not 5 :)

1.0 out of 5 stars They sold me a counterfeit device., 31 Mar 2014
Jair Marrugo - See all my reviews
Device stopped working after three months.

I requested a warranty and appears they sold me a counterfeit device.

Please be aware before buying from this resseller.