Style Name: iPhone 5Colour: WhiteChange
Price:£29.99+ £1.99 shipping

on 12 April 2011
I bought this in November 2010 because of the pretty bad battery life of the iphone 4 on its own. The Mophie is well packaged and fits the phone like a glove with a removable upper section to allow the phone to slide in. It has a nice 'feel' to it and does not make the 'phone too big and bulky. Charging the unit is via a micro USB connection on the side and this is where the problems start! I use the Mophie permanently i.e. I do not use the 'phone without it.

The socket for the USB connector is set into a plastic 'trim'at the bootom right hand side of the case. The trim appears to be very thin around the edge of the socket. What has happened in the last 5 months that I have had the phone case and with the regular connection and disconnection of a USB lead into it's socket is that the trim has snapped around the USB socket and is coming away from the case in its entirety!

So, I would ask people before buying this to think carefully as to how many times they are going to use the Mophie. If it's just as a backup for holidays etc then fine. But, if you want to use it as a permanent attachement to the phone with at least daily connection and re-connection of the USB lead then think twice before buying!
44 comments67 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2012
Looks good, great concept but build quality is poor.

Like many buyers the problem is the USB charging interface is the weak spot. After only a few weeks use it became difficult to connect and then just 'broke' in my infinate wisdom I took it apart and that is where the problem was exposed. It is solderd to the out casing by the flimsiest connector and therefore will take very little , or few, in/out connections.

Avoid until they redesign USB interface
on 26 June 2012
I unwittingly bought from Chainstore Massacre, and they sent me a COUNTERFEIT

This is not a genuine JuicePack Air. I have compared it directly with a real one in an Apple Store, and there are clear differences. I think this explains the wildly varying reviews of this product here - the good reviews are for genuine product, the rest are from people who ended up with counterfeits.

* The case is made of flimsy plastic, that does not fit together very well.
* The switch is different in shape and size, and painted badly.
* The indicator lights actually shine through the casing plastic (it's that thin)
* You can see the (small) size of the battery if you hold it up to the light. The battery only charges about 50% of an iPhone, instead of the full 100%
* It only weighs 2.1oz instead of 2.5oz for a genuine one.
* It is packaged face up, instead of face down like a real one
* It gets very hot when charging the phone

The packaging is almost identical - you would not spot this difference if it were on a shop shelf, but you are wasting your money buying from here.

Really, I'm astonished that Amazon allow this kind of thing to be sold on their website - selling counterfeit goods is a criminal offence in the UK.

Any JuicePack Air sold on here for less than about £50 is most likely counterfeit - and even then I wouldn't trust any seller I wasn't 100% familiar with. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
11 comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2013
Beware, my original purchase from AMAZON of this item turned out to be a fake after contacting Mophie. The item was replaced without fuss, and to be fair the product worked exactly as promised....... for about 4 months, then performance was noticeably poorer.

Now 1 year on and the pack was barely holding enough charge for an extra hour of use, I have also noticed the phone gets incredibly hot in my pocket whilst using the pack. ALSO last nights happenings prompted me to write this review to warn other readers.

I had the phone on charge whilst I got into bed, I heard what I at first assumed was something dropping on the floor, when I got out of bed I found the noise I had heard was the back popping off the main part of the back of the pack, with the battery inside exposed and visibly swollen (to the point where the back will not go back on). Now I'm not sure how dangerous this could potentially be but I am going to assume it's certainly not safe. I have contacted Mophie directly and will post their response here.

Just beware buyers.

I should also add that using this has caused significant cosmetic damage to the outside of the actual phone, something I've never had with any other case. It's not like I've been taking the thing on and off either everyday, It's probably been off around 6 times in the last year. Will definitely lower the resale value of the handset if you normally sell it off after contract is ended.
on 20 November 2012
I received the Mophie juice pack air for my birthday in May. I loved the design and the additional battery life that it gave my iPhone (I'm a heavy phone and data user).

After 3-4 months the extra battery drains after about an hour and as such it is little use - a shame for a product with such clear potential.

I contacted Mophie explaining the problem and have not even received the courtesy of a reply. If you are happy to write off your £50 after 3 months, go ahead and buy, otherwise DO NOT BUY.
Colour: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you have never had a Morphie Juice Pack then let me assure you ... this is the Rolls Royce of iPhone power packs. I had one of these for 2 years before it gave up after the terrible abuse I gave it.

First the case itself is great. You charge the case up (with the phone in-situ if you want) and when you actually use the case it will give you about a days worth of charge. If like me you use your phone a lot it means you can get 2 days out of this if you are careful and a really good day of very heavy use. The case itself is rubbery and very good at protecting your phone.

Second, it comes with a headphone port extender so you can eaily use any headphone that might have a right angled jack on it.

Finally it coes with the Mini USB to Standard USB charging cable.

Thoroughly recommended. If you're looking for a great battery/case look no further.
This is the much-vaunted Mophie Juice air pack for iphone 4, there's so many youTube clips showing it as the beesknees. Well, its surprisingly badly made, the two halves fitting with a marked step which catches on my pocket edge and the ridge makes it feel weird in the hand. The micro-usb port is extremely weak, and mine broke after I had it 3 months. I was only charging it at home every 5-6 days or so when I needed it for extra power eg for a weekend on call or away.
Also, it doesn't charge if the iphone is docked into it. I have to remove it from the iphone to charge it. The iphone charges easily from it, and from the mains as pass-through but the juice pack will only charge if it is separated from the iPhone. Not good.
IMO, this Mophie is significantly inferior to the new Mili 2000mAh Powerspring 4, btw please don't believe the comments about the Mili not closing properly the Mili powerspring 4 is a perfect fit, clips shut perfectly and reliably, extremely durable, and is beautifully made and packaged. Maybe the adverse comments are about an older version of the Mili?? My wife and I each have a Mili now, and I'm still waiting for the warranty claim from Mophie to be acknowledged. I would advise anyone interested in this Mophie to really take care to examine the competition products carefully and check on user's experiences of warranty claims with each product.
on 25 January 2014
I had great expectations for this product cos it looks nice in picture. It sounds elegant in the ads but it didn't deliver! It didn't charge well and it always disconnects to the iphone5s. I initially thought there was something wrong with how i put it but after fiddling with it for a couple of hours, I realised it's the pack that's the problem, not me.

I want to get what I paid for and for the amount that I did, for this product, I got nothing! So I returned the very next day.

I bought a fairly cheap £20 battery pack from another company, which unbelievably, worked the way it should. And for the price, I was happy with it.

So price doesn't really guarantee quality, at this instance.
on 17 February 2012
It's a lifesave when you're out and run out of battery. I carry it around in my bag or pocket and put the juice pack on when my battery runs low.

The design of the white isnt very nice. The back is shiney plastic, unlike the black and red which have a rubbery feel. also the band around the outside snapped at the charging slot. A bit of superglue has held it together but its bad place to put the charging slot, right on the corner.

The other problem is that this is the old version designed for iPhone 4. I does work with 4S but because the put button is in a slightly different place, part of the juice pack case covers it... It still works but its not Ideal.
on 1 March 2011
Style Name: iPhone 4Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This may not look the nicest, nor may it give the most protection, but if you're unsure if the battery on the iPhone 4 is going to be sufficient for your needs, this is definitely a well-worth investment.

Currently priced at over £60, this product originally retailed for under half that price, and I'd recommend shopping around as at £30, it's a snip. The phone looks slightly bulkier, but you can charge up to around 70-80% battery power, perfect for an emergency, and it's also very, very fast. It fits nicely onto the iPhone, and you can tell it when you want to re-boost your battery.

Overall, a very, very useful product!