on 1 February 2014
This kettle looked good, seemed solidly made, and had a ten year guarantee. The only problem was that it refused to whistle. We repeatedly pushed the lid and the 'whistling' spout firmly into place, but to no avail. We were on the point of sending it back when we had another look the black knob on the end of the spout. It had been loose on arrival. We found that this allowed a disc inside the spout to rotate freely. There are two slots in the disc and they have to align exactly with the two slots on the outside of the spout for it to whistle. All it needed was to line it up and tighten the screw so it couldn't rotate. Now it whistles well enough to be heard in the next room.
on 5 April 2014
Ordered 2 April 2014, Free delivery, arrived 5 April, very well packaged, 3 days early.
User: Severely deaf.
Use: On gas cooker, as back up kettle.
Initial impression: Sturdy/well made.

Bought as back up for the too many times when the electric versions fail. I am severely deaf, (H aids), so needed a hob kettle that I could hear from another room. Amongst the whistling kettles, on Amazon, this one stood out because of reviews that told of the loudness of this whistle, but of course its a risk until it arrives ...I can happily confirm that this lovely kettle shouts at the top of its spout!, it can be heard from another room and will not be ignored. Though the whistle volume is the most important feature I was really surprised and mightily impressed with the boiling speed, this kettle is easily as fast as any electric kettle I have owned.
on 7 June 2013
This is a beautiful whistling kettle, (bought to replace one that had a whistle attached, which would not close after just 17 months.) This has a detached whistle, and more to the point, a stated 10 year guarantee, BUT make sure you register with Morphy Richards to activate the guarantee. It says so on the box, in tiny letters, under the 10 Year in big letters.
on 6 February 2014
Great kettle for a very reasonable price, simple and easy to keep clean and the handle never gets hot. The only minor niggle I have is that the whistle screw needs locking in place as it occasionally works loose, hence the four star rating. Other than that it is very good indeed.
on 22 April 2014
this kettle is just what i wanted, it is easy to clean and i would recommend it.I would give it 5 stars.the price was ideal.
i
on 17 July 2014
I love this kettle. Whistle is not too loud. It's well made. Works perfectly.
on 29 August 2014
Very disappointed the whistle stopped working after a month, only good thing Amazon were fantastic at replacing the kettle, so one last chance Morpy Richards.
on 11 June 2014
The packing hopefully will improve ,as it arrived in 2 layers of plastic, thankfully,no damage to the kettle, which is a great item. The guarantee is another matter, as no docs. in the box!This must be registered with Morphy Richards , within a certain time frame,& can be done, 'on line',listed as 'KITCHEN EQUIPMENT',not 'kettle'. After a lot of 'huffing & puffing',getting nowhere fast,I phoned & to ask them QUICKLY( as an 0844 no. & expensive),without a pre-recorded introduction I expected, asking them to return my call which they did ,after telling them the website would not let me register.They kindly registered it for me.The seller was unaware of any of these issues,but is now. Hopefully,this will not happen to anyone else.I did suggest to Morphy Richards they enclose better information in the box, on registering on line. Worth the effort,now others will know better than I , & the seller, did.Happy boiling.
on 26 March 2016
I have three young adults who live with me who think that to fill up a kettle with water and boil it each time they want a cup of tea is no big deal. Well after some research on how much all this electric kettle boiling was costing me I decided to try a gas hob kettle as an alternative. I needed something which aesthetically looked good. I wanted it to whistle as I envisaged the kettle being put on and just left to boil. I also didn't want tp pay a fortune. My research and other reviews brought me to buy this kettle.
I have now used it for a couple of months and it has some good points and some bad points. Initially it looks good, but don't expect it to stay that way. It can be cleaned but you are never getting it back to how it was when you bought it. Filling it is relatively straight forward and can be done either through the wide spout opening or by taking the lid off. The lid is a good firm fit and I prefer to fill it this way as there is no other way of seeing how much water is in it. The handle can occasionally get hot if you have it boiling for a while and that leads me to the main problem. As a whistling kettle it doesn't always whistle. It did at first and then it stopped. I ended up doing a lot of research on how to make it whistle again. The Morphy Richards website was unhelpful so I sat down with a screwdriver and figured it out for myself. The heat makes the screw that holds the little black end piece loose as it expands and contacts. This causes the small disc inside the whistle to move round blocking up the holes. You need the holes to make it whistle. Periodically/fairly frequently depending how much you use it you will need to align the disc inside so that there are two clear holes at the sides and then tighten up the screw (see pic). You can do this without a screwdriver if you support the screw inside whilst turning the knob outside. This can all be done in a few seconds once you know how. It is a pain but other than that the kettle is fairly good to use once you get used to it's little quirks. I haven't had my fuel bill yet so haven't been able to see if I have saved anything but I am optimistic.
review image
on 5 October 2014
Love it, really love it, beautifully made, heavy weight, fabulous size seems to hold loads of water far more than my old electric seemed too. Looks stunning on the hob.
Great whistle, super handle etc etc
Couldnt love it more. No paper work in the box so I will be calling tomorrow to find out how to register for the 10 year gaurantee.

Dont hesitate, our three year old keeps singing polly put the kettle on or i'm a little tea pot each time she hears it whistle