5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV
Got this TV when amazon and JL dropped the price to 450 randomly one day a couple of months ago. Great TV, HD quality is fantastic. Great little app on it called plex - wirelessly stream all your videos on your mac / pc straight onto the TV through your network with TV connected via ethernet cable, or wifi if you purchase the additional dongle for 15-20.
I was...
Published 8 months ago by Mr K Lawson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!
Very disappointed with the picture quality, especially HD. The picture is actually worse than the Panasonic TV I had that I bought this to replace, not very impressed at all, I wish I had not got rid of the Panasonic now!
Published 4 months ago by Tony

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: LG 50PH660V 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD 3D Smart Plasma TV with Freeview HD/600Hz (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I was hesitant buying an LG TV at first after previously owning Sonys but i would certainly recommend this TV.

Only bad thing for me on this TV, is the EPG looks terrible and doesn't let you watch TV while viewing it (although you can browse through whats on individual channels and continue to watch the current channel you are on)

And no 4OD, even after regular various firmware updates which is disappointing.

Not tried the 3D as no glasses supplied.

4.0 out of 5 stars great price and size, 7 Sep 2013
looks decent on the wall, only problems are that it doesn't have built in wifi and that if it's in direct sunlight the glare can be quite bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!, 24 Jun 2013
Excellent TV for the price,it does all it says on the tin EXCEPT.Buyer Beware,this tv does NOT have built in wifi as stated on the advertising for this product.It is merely wifi ready and requires either an LG wifi dongle or a Lan cable to connect to a router.I contacted LG support who assured me this tv has built in wifi and then corrected themselves and apologised for their error after they did a little research on their own product.In fairness Amazon did offer me a full refund but where would you get a tv like this for 600 quid and a wifi dongle costs less than 30 to complete the whole package.I have deducted 1 star for erroneous and misleading product information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent quality product from LG!, 4 Sep 2013
Sid (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
As a generic start to my review I must say that it baffles me why LCD/LED TVs get more attention than Plasmas?

- LCD/LED TVs require a light source behind the actual LCD panel, thus, black parts on the screen are never seen as true blacks but tend to have a bluish glow. On the other hand, each pixel in a Plasma TV has gas-filled cells that illuminate themselves, thus, the blacks on a plasma screen are not illuminated & is as deep black as can be!

- Secondly, plasma screens also show a distinctly smooth motion.

- Lastly, you can view a plasma TV from literally all angles.

Now, the LG 50PH660V exploits all these salient features of a plasma screen type in an excellent way.

- The screen shows beautiful colour representaion and can be fully customised to your preference.
- Watching a blu ray does complete justice in flaunting the smoothest & most natural motion, making you feel like you are a part of the movie!
- The picture quality was perfect even when viewed at right angles.
- Though no 3D glasses were supplied, the initial outlay is very reasonable to accomodate the separate purchase of 3D glasses. Please also note that the latest but considerably cheaper Samsung SSG-51002 3D glasses work perfect with this TV. These are about 27 for 2 pairs (14 for a pair).
- After connecting the TV to our internet router by an ethernet cable, all the smart features (YouTube, weather forecast etc) work perfect.
- Download the LG Remote app on your smart phone & you can use your phone as a remote control & touch-pad.
- All other features are very well explained on the LG website & they all work as described - [...]

As a conclusion, I think LG products are very reliable and I would definitely recommend this TV to anyone who wishes to relish the above explained viewing experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars FreeSat HD Included as well., 25 Jun 2013
Mr. R. Proctor "rayproctor" (Hertford, England) - See all my reviews
I've bought one of these TV's and the thing that surprised me the most that in addition to Freeview HD it also has Freesat HD built in as well. Not only this but the integral Satellite Tuner can support any combinations of Diseq devices. I've hooked up my motorised dish so that it can move to any of the six satellites I've tuned in. The Freeview HD stuff is great. The TV streams any file format media file from my NAS including .MKV .MP4. The 3D is great although you have to buy the active glasses. The only thing that doesn't work is the BBC iPlayer client although LG are aware and say there will be a software update soon. This TV is cheaper from John Lewis & includes a 5 year warranty for just 629 inc free delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV, bargain price, 22 July 2013
For the features this TV packs it really is a steal at this price:
50", plasma, 3d, smart, full HD - it has everything you need in a modern TV.

Looks crisp, clean and is ultra thin. BBC iPlayer is now fully operational as well as an added bonus, and it boasts a good range of apps in general.

As another reviewer mentioned wi-fi is not built in - you can either plug it in to your router via LAN (recommended) or purchase the matching dongle for wi-fi (I haven't tried this so can't verify how well it works).

Pros:
- Price
- Features
- Brand
- Aesthetics

Cons:
- No built in wi-fi
- 3D glasses sold seperately

All in all I would recommended this to anyone looking to invest in a new TV at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat this TV for the price, 1 Oct 2013
After many months of going back and forth between LED vs Plasma, Passive vs Active 3D I finally bit the bullet and bought this TV. With 4k and OLED 3 or 4 years off being affordable (for me) I didn't want to spend over 1000 on something I would be updating in the not so distant future.

My main concern with this TV was glare. Having not owned a plasma before I was unsure how my lounge with a huge floor to ceiling window to one side would affect it. I'm glad to say that it isn't anywhere near the problem I thought it would be. There is some glare but even on a sunny day you can happily watch dark scened films with no problems. Saying that if the window was behind me then the glare would most definitely be a problem.

Another concern was screen burn, however after a month of running the TV in by not watching any letterbox programs and having the contrast turned down (my wife thought we had made a horrible mistake when she first saw the picture) I have since (accidentally) left it paused on sky for upwards of 30 minutes which left a glowing pause symbol for only a minute before it completely disappeared (phew).

Not having 3D glasses supplied is odd, but these: Samsung SSG-51002 work perfectly at half the cost of the LG ones. I would also recommend buying this: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote, it makes flicking through menus so much easier. It can also be used to control your set top box.

The 3D is excellent I would recommend going onto youtube which you can do through the smart interface and search for 3D, some of the content is fantastic, far better for showing off the TV than a film.

Over all I am extremely happy with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Picture, 25 Sep 2013
This is my very first plasma and my first foray into 3D and I have to say I am more than impressed with this set.
First thing I did is thoroughly calibrate this set with the help of some Pro settings. 2D images are nothing short of amazing. Vivid colours and bottomless blacks. Action scenes show smooth panning. Oblivion blew me away with the clarity of image, definite demo material there.
3D is superb also, again vivid colours and superb blacks are the first things you see. I have seen zero ghosting or other 3D anomalies. Images pop out at you. Watched Star Trek Into Darkness (which by the way was a post production conversion) and I was stupefied by just how great it looked, again, very good demo material.
First thing I did when I purchased the set was to get all available accessories. The LG AN-WF100 WiFi Dongle, LG AN-MR400 Magic Remote, AG-S350 Active 3D Glasses and 2 pairs of Samsung SSG-51002 Active 3D Glasses as spares.
The apps are worthwhile. Haven't tried the free view HD yet as I have a TiVo box.
Very HIGHLY recommended. Life, most definitely IS Good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill tv for price. 3d excellent. Smart excellent, 28 Jun 2013
Bought this tv after months of searching the Internet for this kind of spec. Ordered on a Sunday delivered on Tuesday. And I wouldn't look back. Smart is brilliant only down side is you have to buy the magic remote for most of apps but you can get it for 39 quid. Mine tv is plugged into broadband box as it is beside it. Internet fast and easy to use. 3d excellent very good image absolutely fantastic so happy. Only downside is you have to again buy your glasses but I got 2 from ebay for 40 quid compatable ones and its amazing. When I first turned tele on picture wasn't that good for a plasma but once you set it all up to your standards it is a good picture. Apps are amazing, very easy to set up. When you first turn tv on you use remote to set it up etc so good. Another good thing the source button to choose ur hdmi, outputs etc is so easy as they all come up on screen and you just click the one you want. 3d easy again as its just 1 button and several 3d set up modes for ur picture. Looks amazing and expensive. I would recommend this tele to anybody as it so worth the money not any cons what so ever. Amazing deal you won't get this spec cheaper or better. Had same model in currys but a 42 inch for 850!!! Also must add volume control is really loud scared to put it past 20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Oct 2013
Purchased this TV last month and haven't stopped watching it! Truly brilliant picture and functions.

I mostly use it for Netflix; there is an app on the main menu for Netflix, where you can select which film you want to see, or search via actor name or scroll the archive. Easy to navigate through via the LG remote control.

YouTube is also a brilliant feature on the screen as you can sync it to your mobile phone (in my case the iphone) and play music videos/tv programs via the mobile and sync it to the screen (all through Wi-Fi - so it's WIRELESS). Without syncing it to your phone, navigating through the remote control is very annoying and time consuming, so connecting to mobile feature is a blessing.

I don't often rate 5 stars, but this product definitely warrants it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›