LG 32LA620V 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi

This set was purchased for the bedroom to replace an ageing Hitachi 720p Plasma. The delivery by Yodel was painless and the big box arrived in perfect condition.

Set up.
---------
Not much to do here to the hardware, only attach the stand with the supplied screws. I attached my Sky box to HDMI 1 and my surround amp to HDMI 2.

Switch on.
--------------
There are several things according to how you want to use the TV. It found my Sky box and surround system quickly and set that all up automatically. The next stage was to log into my router. The set found the router wirelessly and asked me for the password which allowed it to join my home network. It took about a minute and then it was connected. It asked me to accept a firmware upgrade which I did and this took just over a minute to download and set up.
That was about it really and within 10 minutes the TV was connected to everything I wanted.

Initial impression.
-----------------------
Comparing it to the older Hitachi the picture quality being full HD was amazing, very sharp, and bright and no action smearing like the Hitachi had. Sound from the built in speaker was above average but through the surround amp it was amazing. Sky HD looks brilliant in every respect. The screen illumination is very even with no dark corners.

After a week of mixed viewing including YouTube and Blue ray.
This TV has great picture quality and it really is a step up in technology from what we had. Using the internet to find shows, music and YouTube stuff is easy and the quality very good. Along with my Sky box and the internet on this TV I can find just about everything I could ever want to entertain me.

The Remote.
------------------
This is similar to other LG remotes we have and it is useful and easy to understand. I have programmed my Sky remote to do most of the TV adjustments like sound and input selection. Overall the remote is logical and well laid out with quite big buttons. The only problem I can find is it is not back lit so if you have the lights off it is difficult to see what you are doing.
You can also buy an LG Magic remote for this TV, I have not done so but it does add extra functionality including voice control.

3D.
-----
This is a 3D capable TV and it comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses. I have not tried this function out just yet and will report back when we do.

FreeView HD.
-----------------
As we have a Sky box I have not tried this but it is equipped with Free view HD. It should be fine as we have duplicate channels on the Sky Box.

Overall.
-----------
A very nice TV from LG with all the latest stuff on it at the time of writing. It is easy to set up and use and has plenty of features to keep you amused.
I am so pleased with the ease of use of this TV I may buy a bigger version of it for the lounge. I highly recommended this TV.
on 10 September 2013
Ordered yesterday and delivered this morning . First class service from Amazon as always . Ive just set this TV up and love it. It makes my Samsung 40 inch plasma look ancient. Love the stand, a nice grey colour also grey rather than the black round edges. it swivels. Colours are stunning , HD channel just blow me away. I haven't tweaked any of the setting yet, comfortable viewing as it is. No tinny sound on mine, Nor tried the 3d yet due to sky's fault but will add later. This TV is light, managed it all alone. It set up via wireless immediately and has even picked up my laptop which is ready to view on screen. there is so so much that can be done on this Tv that im looking forward to testing. i would recommend this set to anyone , its the best ive had. was a bit apprehensive moving from 40 inch plasma to this one but i have NO regrets, worth every penny. In saying that I did get a real good deal on this from Amazon £602 for a 50 inch screen :0) No sound equipment will be needed for me, ive got sound on 23 and it goes up to 100. will update a bit more later! Have ordered the magic remote from Amazon, £30 cheapest i could find but the remote it comes with is great, big enough buttons and very clear
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2015
Loads of problems with this TV. If you just bought it, you have about 12 months (or 12 months plus a few to take you out of warranty) Ours goes black and we are left with sound but NO picture. In addition there are issues with sound being out of synch if watching a movie through a sound system. Only BBCIplayer and 5ondemand available. C4 and ITV do not work (not even if trying to launch through the web). There are endless problems with NETFLIX (not because of netflix) because of LG. I googled the problem with the black screen to see if there are any solutions offered and I found one website from the US that showed more than 100 complaints all with the same problem. A known fault that makes the screen go black. TIP: if you still go ahead and buy this TV, buy it on your credit card to give you extra protection. My friend has a Samsung TV and it looks and feels 100% better than this LG. I would say pay more and get a decent TV.
on 17 June 2014
i have a LG 32" 100htz LCD TV, still working perfectly well since the day i bought it, about 5-6yrs ago - without going overboard i decided that i'd treat myself to a larger tv, for my birthday, so after looking around at descriptions, specs. & prices the tv that stood out was this LG 42" 200htz Backlit LED (i read that overall backlit LED has a better picture than side-lit LED) 3D Wireless SMART tv - a fantastic bargain and a doddle to set-up.. the 42" option is perfect for my living room, the tv looks fabUlous.!, not oversized like a 50" might have been.. the delivery was quick and the communication service has been great..!! i'm lovin' all the new features of this smart tv (e.g. watchin' netflix without having to put my pc on first).. N.B. don't name your HDMI PC input as PC, you won't get a full screen, name your pc = 'Home Theatre' and set your picture, sound and other settings as Cinema Mode (All Inputs The Same, for a crystal clear faultless vibrant picture and Cinema Sound, where 20 out of 100 is more than enough to shake you up & keep you awake all night, every night), the neighbours will be jealous, everyone will be jealous.. when i find a compatible 3D blu-ray 5.1 home theatre, i'll prob. buy it from the same company..!!
on 3 December 2013
To cut a long story short without leaving out any important details, I basically sent two of these back because of issues (both TV's featured all the same issues). I have docked two stars off the TV in respect to this, as even though the TV itself is very good, I feel this could be due to a lack of poor quality control since both TV's had the same problem. I do, however, believe that if you got this TV without the issues, or only used media where these issues aren't a problem (more on that later), this TV would definitely be an amazing performer. What can I say, for £600 I can't honestly say I expected total perfection from a TV with so many features, but I was disappointed to have to send two back nonetheless.

The first issue was the fact that the screen featured dirty screen effect and light bleeding on the sides and corners. This initially didn't bother me since I only watched a bit of TV on it at first, however when I played games I quickly noticed it vividly when I was in dark places or during panning camera shots. If you only use media where this isn't such a problem you might not notice it, but I found even watching Top Gear it was a problem (fast cars mean lots of panning shots). The second TV had this to a worse extent; so far as to have a big dark bar about 6 inches wide all the way from the top to the bottom of the right side of the screen,visible even when just on a plain white screen.

The second issue was that the TV's repeatedly turned themselves off, particularly when scrolling through the menu. Have no idea why this was the case, never did get it figured out so I can't go into deeper detail on the issue.

That aside I feel perhaps I may have gotten unlucky but it has certainly soured my experience with the television, so much so that after sending two back I have opted for a refund and am going to try my luck with a different brand/model. The TV does actually have some really cool features, and I'll go over a couple of these now.

Firstly, the screen is perfectly sharp, so much so that I found it ideal to do my graphic design work on once my laptop was plugged into it. The colours are good on it, and it has a wide range of standard setting if you don't want to set them manually. It has a lot of wizards built in to help you get the settings perfect, and this makes it very user friendly.

I've seen a lot of people aren't too happy with the sound on this TV, but I personally didn't have a problem with it. I felt it played music very well, with a wide range between loud and quiet sounds and good sound all round. I am by no means an audiophile, so take this part of the review with a pinch of salt.

The smart apps were good with BBC iPlayer and 5od, as well as netflix and facebook, but beyond this I didn't find much else worthy of using so in my opinion they're nothing to write home about. I found the appstore to be limited at best and if you're a heavy user of apps on your TV, I would suggest looking into a different model. The apps it did have, however, I never ran into any issues with.

The web browser was okay, for a dual core you can't expect amazing performance and I feel it handled very well. At this price I would definitely say it performed adequately. I didn't use it much, so I'm afraid I can't go into greater detail, however I can say it had a wide range of features you would find on a PC browser, such as bookmarks, settings to browse and delete your history and cookies etc.

While I initially didn't buy into the 3D features since I've always viewed it as somewhat of a gimmick, I was actually pleasantly surprised. The colours remain good, and it definitely gives the screen such a sense of depth that it "pops" nicely. Although it doesn't support true 3D, I found Mass Effect looked really good when converted to 3D, and games that supported 3D looked even better. TV was okay, but in reality there isn't a whole lot on there that was worth watching in 3D in my opinion, however people into sport might take advantage of it. One downfall of this is that you have to be quite far from the TV at a rather specific angle to get the effect well, but with passive 3D this is pretty much a given (as far as I know, feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and I can't really fault the TV for it.

I think that about covers all the main features of the TV, if you have any questions about my review do not hesitate to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
88 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2014
This TV is great, however LG really messed up with the remote otherwise this would be a five star review. Two key buttons are so close together on the remote keypad, that 9 out of 10 times (even when taking care) its easy to press the wrong one. Would not be such a big headache if this was not such a crucial button. Several times I have been at the end of a 10 minute process (arranging channels for example) and pressed the Smart TV button instead of the up button(they are literally touching), only to lose all the work and have to start again. Simple stupid mistake, easy to avoid and really annoying. will be getting a magic remote only to overcome this issue, but its a pain I have to shell out extra money for LG's incompetence. However I cant speak highly enough of the TV itself, great piece of kit and fantastic value.
on 19 June 2014
Very surprised at the quality of the picture from this tv. Easy to install with step by step instructions displayed on screen. Only issue I've had is connecting my sky remote as codes offered didn't work properly but if that's all I have to gripe about then I'm a happy person. Totally recommend.
on 14 May 2013
This review is for the LG 42LA620V. This TV has a number of different features which are highlighted in this video.
66 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2014
I am English but live in Italy and as Amazon don't deliver TVs to Italy, we bought this TV through Media World Online but we made the decision on which TV to buy by reading all the reviews put on Amazon UK of the TVs that we looked at. I therefore thought it only fair to put in a review. The code was slightly different 620S at the end instead of 620V but it is the same TV as far as I can make out. We also only paid €499 for our TV so at an exchange rate of 1.1, we paid about £455 for this TV - very unusual for things to be cheaper in Italy than on Amazon. We also had to buy the Magic Remote which we did buy through Amazon UK.

Now for the TV, I read all the reviews about Dirty Screen Effect but have to say the picture quality on our TV is absolutely brilliant, especially when watching HD channels. We did turn down the motion control setting slightly but made no other adjustments. I also read that one reviewer had problems with lip-sync issues which we did initially have. However, we believe this may have been caused by the fact that our surround sound system, DVD etc are nearly 10 years old. To test for lip-sync issues, we initially just used the TV speakers to make sure the problem was not with the TV. We then diverted all audio outputs into the TV and then back out through the optical cable to the amplifier. This has corrected any lip-sync issues.

I am still playing around with the Smart TV aspects. We live in the countryside so rely on a dongal/chiavetta for our internet but this works fine and connected very easily to the TV wirelessly. I have even tried watching an episode of Revenge and thought we might experience 'streaming' problems which we do on our laptop, I assume because our internet is not broadband. However, it worked really well so was a real surprise. Living in Italy, we get different Premium channels to the UK but get some channels like all the American Fox channels and some Discovery channels which we normally watch through Sky. Unfortunately these channels are all broadcast in Italian and I have yet to work out if it is possible to change the language to English.

The 2D to 3D function is very good but I have yet to watch a proper 3D film so am looking forward to that. The SmartShare function enables you to link your laptop and other devices to the TV so you can have all your favourite photos on the TV and listen to all your favourite music through the TV.

Lots of the other reviewers recommended the Magic Remote and although I initially downloaded the software to my smartphone and was able to use that, we decided to order a Magic Remote which arrived today. It seems to work fine but haven't tested it properly yet.

In summary, a great TV, great picture quality, lots to play with on the Smart functions and the 2D to 3D and 3D are fun. The TV has a very narrow frame so your picture fills up virtually the whole TV and the TV is incredibly light to move. Really happy with our purchase.
on 22 January 2014
Previously owned a 47 inch samsung! which to be honest was a mistake!! This tv shines where the samsung was lacking! great picture on all sources!! damn thing even allows me to plug my old amiga in so I can play retro games!! 3D movies are stunning! Buying the optional wifi dongle has opened up lots of features lacking on the Samsung! bearing in mind the samsung wasnt smart! infact the samsung would format your usb memory stick while you were watching a movie on it! checked with a friend and it did the same on hers too!! must be a samsung thing! Anyway back to the LG! Had this monster of a set now 2 weeks and it still makes me smile when I play 3d movies! only downside is playing 3d games on my pc! you need third party software to make the pc generate a 3d signal the tv set can use! Used the software once but it buggered up the rest of my games so had to remove it from my system!! plus the 3rd party software only supported 2 games in my collection! Halflife2 and Crysis! quake, doom etc just not supported! so when buying a tv for playing on a large tv! make sure you check out what games can be played!! Overall its a thumbs up for this tv! Hope its more reliable than the Samsung! only time will tell!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse