5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV with lots of features
LG 32LA620V 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi

This set was purchased for the bedroom to replace an ageing Hitachi 720p Plasma. The delivery by Yodel was painless and the big box arrived in perfect condition.

Set up.
---------
Not much to do here to the hardware, only attach the stand...
Published 10 months ago by RJP the Book Boy

3.0 out of 5 stars A brief but concise review.
Published 16 months ago by Marc Goddard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV with lots of features, 5 Jun. 2014
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Set up.
---------
Not much to do here to the hardware, only attach the stand with the supplied screws. I attached my Sky box to HDMI 1 and my surround amp to HDMI 2.

Switch on.
--------------
There are several things according to how you want to use the TV. It found my Sky box and surround system quickly and set that all up automatically. The next stage was to log into my router. The set found the router wirelessly and asked me for the password which allowed it to join my home network. It took about a minute and then it was connected. It asked me to accept a firmware upgrade which I did and this took just over a minute to download and set up.
That was about it really and within 10 minutes the TV was connected to everything I wanted.

Initial impression.
-----------------------
Comparing it to the older Hitachi the picture quality being full HD was amazing, very sharp, and bright and no action smearing like the Hitachi had. Sound from the built in speaker was above average but through the surround amp it was amazing. Sky HD looks brilliant in every respect. The screen illumination is very even with no dark corners.

After a week of mixed viewing including YouTube and Blue ray.
This TV has great picture quality and it really is a step up in technology from what we had. Using the internet to find shows, music and YouTube stuff is easy and the quality very good. Along with my Sky box and the internet on this TV I can find just about everything I could ever want to entertain me.

The Remote.
------------------
This is similar to other LG remotes we have and it is useful and easy to understand. I have programmed my Sky remote to do most of the TV adjustments like sound and input selection. Overall the remote is logical and well laid out with quite big buttons. The only problem I can find is it is not back lit so if you have the lights off it is difficult to see what you are doing.
You can also buy an LG Magic remote for this TV, I have not done so but it does add extra functionality including voice control.

3D.
-----
This is a 3D capable TV and it comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses. I have not tried this function out just yet and will report back when we do.

FreeView HD.
-----------------
As we have a Sky box I have not tried this but it is equipped with Free view HD. It should be fine as we have duplicate channels on the Sky Box.

Overall.
-----------
A very nice TV from LG with all the latest stuff on it at the time of writing. It is easy to set up and use and has plenty of features to keep you amused.
I am so pleased with the ease of use of this TV I may buy a bigger version of it for the lounge. I highly recommended this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 10 Sept. 2013
Linda Quinn (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Ordered yesterday and delivered this morning . First class service from Amazon as always . Ive just set this TV up and love it. It makes my Samsung 40 inch plasma look ancient. Love the stand, a nice grey colour also grey rather than the black round edges. it swivels. Colours are stunning , HD channel just blow me away. I haven't tweaked any of the setting yet, comfortable viewing as it is. No tinny sound on mine, Nor tried the 3d yet due to sky's fault but will add later. This TV is light, managed it all alone. It set up via wireless immediately and has even picked up my laptop which is ready to view on screen. there is so so much that can be done on this Tv that im looking forward to testing. i would recommend this set to anyone , its the best ive had. was a bit apprehensive moving from 40 inch plasma to this one but i have NO regrets, worth every penny. In saying that I did get a real good deal on this from Amazon £602 for a 50 inch screen :0) No sound equipment will be needed for me, ive got sound on 23 and it goes up to 100. will update a bit more later! Have ordered the magic remote from Amazon, £30 cheapest i could find but the remote it comes with is great, big enough buttons and very clear

3.0 out of 5 stars A brief but concise review., 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: LG 42LA620V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi (Electronics)
To cut a long story short without leaving out any important details, I basically sent two of these back because of issues (both TV's featured all the same issues). I have docked two stars off the TV in respect to this, as even though the TV itself is very good, I feel this could be due to a lack of poor quality control since both TV's had the same problem. I do, however, believe that if you got this TV without the issues, or only used media where these issues aren't a problem (more on that later), this TV would definitely be an amazing performer. What can I say, for £600 I can't honestly say I expected total perfection from a TV with so many features, but I was disappointed to have to send two back nonetheless.

The first issue was the fact that the screen featured dirty screen effect and light bleeding on the sides and corners. This initially didn't bother me since I only watched a bit of TV on it at first, however when I played games I quickly noticed it vividly when I was in dark places or during panning camera shots. If you only use media where this isn't such a problem you might not notice it, but I found even watching Top Gear it was a problem (fast cars mean lots of panning shots). The second TV had this to a worse extent; so far as to have a big dark bar about 6 inches wide all the way from the top to the bottom of the right side of the screen,visible even when just on a plain white screen.

The second issue was that the TV's repeatedly turned themselves off, particularly when scrolling through the menu. Have no idea why this was the case, never did get it figured out so I can't go into deeper detail on the issue.

That aside I feel perhaps I may have gotten unlucky but it has certainly soured my experience with the television, so much so that after sending two back I have opted for a refund and am going to try my luck with a different brand/model. The TV does actually have some really cool features, and I'll go over a couple of these now.

Firstly, the screen is perfectly sharp, so much so that I found it ideal to do my graphic design work on once my laptop was plugged into it. The colours are good on it, and it has a wide range of standard setting if you don't want to set them manually. It has a lot of wizards built in to help you get the settings perfect, and this makes it very user friendly.

I've seen a lot of people aren't too happy with the sound on this TV, but I personally didn't have a problem with it. I felt it played music very well, with a wide range between loud and quiet sounds and good sound all round. I am by no means an audiophile, so take this part of the review with a pinch of salt.

The smart apps were good with BBC iPlayer and 5od, as well as netflix and facebook, but beyond this I didn't find much else worthy of using so in my opinion they're nothing to write home about. I found the appstore to be limited at best and if you're a heavy user of apps on your TV, I would suggest looking into a different model. The apps it did have, however, I never ran into any issues with.

The web browser was okay, for a dual core you can't expect amazing performance and I feel it handled very well. At this price I would definitely say it performed adequately. I didn't use it much, so I'm afraid I can't go into greater detail, however I can say it had a wide range of features you would find on a PC browser, such as bookmarks, settings to browse and delete your history and cookies etc.

While I initially didn't buy into the 3D features since I've always viewed it as somewhat of a gimmick, I was actually pleasantly surprised. The colours remain good, and it definitely gives the screen such a sense of depth that it "pops" nicely. Although it doesn't support true 3D, I found Mass Effect looked really good when converted to 3D, and games that supported 3D looked even better. TV was okay, but in reality there isn't a whole lot on there that was worth watching in 3D in my opinion, however people into sport might take advantage of it. One downfall of this is that you have to be quite far from the TV at a rather specific angle to get the effect well, but with passive 3D this is pretty much a given (as far as I know, feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and I can't really fault the TV for it.

I think that about covers all the main features of the TV, if you have any questions about my review do not hesitate to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

4.0 out of 5 stars This TV is great, however LG really messed up with the remote ..., 8 July 2014
This TV is great, however LG really messed up with the remote otherwise this would be a five star review. Two key buttons are so close together on the remote keypad, that 9 out of 10 times (even when taking care) its easy to press the wrong one. Would not be such a big headache if this was not such a crucial button. Several times I have been at the end of a 10 minute process (arranging channels for example) and pressed the Smart TV button instead of the up button(they are literally touching), only to lose all the work and have to start again. Simple stupid mistake, easy to avoid and really annoying. will be getting a magic remote only to overcome this issue, but its a pain I have to shell out extra money for LG's incompetence. However I cant speak highly enough of the TV itself, great piece of kit and fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good value for money, 12 May 2014
Dean Guy "Dean G" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this TV to replace an 8 year old Sony Bravia LCD which was starting to suffer the odd fault.

Setting up the TV was easy enough - had to download a 650mb udpate but thats fine - I was able to do this using the inbuilt WiFi - which was also dead easy to connect to my home router.

I've yet to use all the features, but the picture quality is brilliant - the sound is absolutely fine. Some reviewers recommend getting a sound bar, and I see some reviewers think the picture quality isn't 100%.

But I think there's two types of people when it comes to TV's. Those who enjoy what is actually on the screen and need sound to accompany it. And then there's those who appear more obsessed with looking at the TV - the colours, the shading etc etc - almost desperate to spot faults - same with the sound. Of course I get it if there's a fault with the sound, but this isn't a bit of kit made in the 80's so if you're a regular punter, the sound will be fine for you.

The TV is nice and light, thin enough for me - I've now got it on a bracket on the wall. Thought the stand looked absolutey fine to me. Saw one reviewer who thoought it looked cheap and a bit rubbish? its a stand. for a TV. and it means you can put your TV onto a cabinet. it works. I'm amazed that people would even bother commenting on it.

not tried the 3D yet - need to get an HDMI cable long enough to plug into my Sky box - although think there might be some demo 3D clips so will try them.

anyone looking for a very good modern TV with all the usual gadgets could do a lot worse than plump for this. You just have to look at the 5 star ratings. even if you got a dud (which can happen with any product) - you can simply return and get a working one.

I'm very happy with the TV and would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb !, 22 Jun. 2014
Stunning HD 3d tv. Nothing bad about it at all.
The smart features are very handy and easy to use. 5 star purchase. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 19 Jun. 2014
Very surprised at the quality of the picture from this tv. Easy to install with step by step instructions displayed on screen. Only issue I've had is connecting my sky remote as codes offered didn't work properly but if that's all I have to gripe about then I'm a happy person. Totally recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, 19 May 2014
Superb product. 3D is awesome and normal HD is too. 3D in cinema normally gives me a headache but this doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG does it again!, 8 Feb. 2014
Decided to buy LG as we already have 2 LG tvs and have been very pleased with them. Decided to treat ourselves to the 60" and it was money well spent. The picture quality is outstanding and the 3D much better than we anticipated. Can't fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars LG 42LA620V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi (New for 2013), 14 May 2013
Length:: 3:58 Mins

This review is for the LG 42LA620V. This TV has a number of different features which are highlighted in this video.