5.0 out of 5 stars Superb cabin-size bag, excellent quality
Bought this bag to use on Easyjet/Ryanair/bmibaby flights - the quality is excellent, it successfully fits all those airline baggage frames at the airport, and better still the funky camo colour means the kids are happy to wheel it all the time without complaint!

Side straps are very useful and effective at compressing the depth of the case.
Published on 6 Sept. 2010 by John Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Less practical than it seems
Published 1 month ago by Nicola Aston

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb cabin-size bag, excellent quality, 6 Sept. 2010
John Bennett (solihull, UK) - See all my reviews

Side straps are very useful and effective at compressing the depth of the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eastpak Transfer S - Excellent!, 15 Oct. 2012
Bought one of these for my daughter to take on a trip as carry on baggage; so impressed I bought another for myself and am considering a third for my son. Very lightweight only 2.5kg. Slightly smaller than Ryanair carry on baggage size limit so currently within all airlines carry on restrictions. Good quality and two inner zipped compartments work well for organised packing. I managed to pack 5 day's worth of summer clothes and shoes in this, plus hair dryer, hairbrushes, cosmetics, umbrella, chargers and my handbag. Can't believe I fitted it all in! I normally use Travelpro or Tumi which are good quality, however they weigh so much that the amount you can pack in weight is much reduced if travelling with budget airlines. Would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice little case, 10 Feb. 2013
I really like this case - even although I ordered it by mistake! I thought I was ordering one with dimensions suitable for Ryanair and was then so annoyed with myself when I checked properly and found it was just a little too deep (on paper anyway!) When it arrived, I checked its measurements immediately, fearing that the base would make it too big but soon found that if you don't fill up the front document section with bulky things, it is fine and will definitely meet the Ryanair specs. It feels sturdy and as I am travelling in summer, I think I will get enough in it to last 5 days..... well, no hair dryer or anything like that, but I will survive! It's a nice colour and feels good quality. Overall, I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and robust whilst stylish and unisex too!, 4 Dec. 2014
I love this Eastpac suitcase I have used it many times since I purchased it (12-18 months ago?). It fits into the cabin as hand luggage, but I would be happy to put into the hold as the construction is very good and I have no concerns that it would break and being soft should withstand the brutality of airport baggage handlers!
The compression straps also help to pull an over-packed bag back to a cabin sized bag! Useful front pocket for travel documents. and a place to secure the zips to the side of the bag with a padlock if desired.
The bag opens to the side and splits in half. The inside is segregated into two compartments, with zipped covers. I use the back section (The bit where the handle is) for my more delicate items as the back is reinforced I can fit my straighteners in next to the handle! Once I have packed both sections I zip the covers over which allows you to fold the case in half without everything falling out. Once closed I find I can slide my book and slim handbag into the center section (between the two zipped compartments) from the top of the case. Solving the one bag boarding rule but meaning I have easy access to my on board stuff!
There is an easy to operate pull out handle for pulling the case on two wheels and two fixed handles one on the side and one on the top. These are invaluable when carrying on the tube or lifting into luggage racks.
I am a bit of a walker so tend to walk to and from train stations to my home, hotel etc so the wheels need to be man enough to cope with a 15-40 minute walk on a regular occasion - so far no issues.
This cabin sized bag has been large enough for all of my trips recently when going on a 1-2 week sun holiday or business trip, I have just purchased a larger one for those few occasions when I need a hold bag (Skiing?). I hope it is as good as this one is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kit, 15 Dec. 2010
Great piece of travel it. Saw a colleague with one and decided to give it a try - exceeded my expectations - will be interesting to see how sturdy it is but initial view is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic bag, 12 Jan. 2013
N. Rutherford - See all my reviews
This case is great at (at least) two things: carrying clothes, and carrying (small) books.

Clothes pack tidily into 2 sections so they won't fall out when you open the case. Now that I've seen how useful the sectioning and zip covers are I don't mind them so much.

Books seem to fit without end into the expanding area at the front. It's a bit difficult to push them in through the lip (it's not a proper opening or zip), but this also makes them less likely to fall out.

I've been able to pack my winter sales items (jeans, shirts, ..) and a good number of books into it for my return journey to school/work. The wheels are a blessing. Just the job. I'm looking forward to seeing how it is for short breaks involving air travel.

One thing I was doubtful about is the internal zip partitioning. The inside is split cleanly into 2 zip-up sections. This is great for stopping your clothes falling out when you open the bag, but it's could be an issue if you want to pack many large items. I expect a couple of bottles of wine would be ok, but haven't tried that yet. Anyway, it's not intended to be a full-size suitcase or furniture removal van.

Be sure to check the different colour options so you get a good price. At time of writing the brown and red bags were cheap, despite looking quite nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 31 Mar. 2011
sharky (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Very good quality material all round (wheels, frame, zips etc.). The only reservation is that due to its soft material it sometimes does not stand on its wheels and the plastic protectors in the upright position. This is affected by how you pack it as the plastic protectors are not connected to the rigid frame part of the case(by design). In my view this is easily manageable and the extra flexibility (it can expand or compact with the straps) is most useful to me.

I am considering buying another for my wife.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, odd division of space, 30 Dec. 2012
I bought this bag through a Black Friday Deal. It's a well-built, sturdy, light carry-on. For a 42litre bag though, I find the way the space is split up rather odd: the top and bottom of the case are both 'zipped off' from the 'main compartment', which due to the way the zips are positioned doesn't leave much space, and there are no compression straps at all. The large front pocket seems to hold as much as the inner areas though, which is nice to see.

All in all a nice bag for an over-night or weekend trip if you can get it at the right price - it's overpriced for the RRP.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite, 10 July 2014
A. Bormann "bormaennchen" (London UK) - See all my reviews
I have been travelling a lot for business for the last 20 years, although usually for 2 nights, no more. This suitcase is perfect for that.

Using the straps to tighten the suitcase makes most skeptical check-in people look at it and immediately declare it okay, seeing as it's rather thin most of the time.

I put the heavies, like a pair of shoes, chargers (for laptop, phone, toothbrush, camera batteries), my own headphones I need as an interpreter, electric toothbrush and non-liquid make-up in the bottom part of the suitcase. Clothes go in the top compartment. In between the two separate compartments I have my laptop and bag with liquids. So handy when going through security to not have to search for those but just pull them out...

Being able to tighten it up like this one is means the top part of the suitcase is not stiff. Still, the plastic bits attached to it on the wheels side are well placed and sturdy enough to make the suitcase stand up quite securely.

The wheels are the quietest I have had on any suitcase yet. In fact, they are nearly silent. Excellent for not making a nuisance of/drawing attention to myself when walking the streets late at night.

Needless to say, the colour is lovely and so unique, nobody could possibly mistake my suitcase for theirs. :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Less practical than it seems, 26 Jan. 2015
I was actually quite disappointed with this bag, for several reasons. Firstly the suitcase is not weighted correctly and any attempt to leave it standing independently with anything in it results in an immediate toppling over. Secondly, the frame takes up a lot of room inside the suitcase for such a small unstable bag and really reduces the amount of clothes you can fit in (especially since you can't pack it to max if you want it to fit on easy jet/Ryanair).
The separators for the two sections were also made of flimsy material and broke on my second use of this bag. Although it is meant to have a lifetime guarantee I have had no success in rectifying it as eastpak say contact the supplier and Amazon say contact the manufacturer. So don't buy this product just for the guarantee its not worth it.
Other than that it's a nice bag, it's just a little impractical; works better in the hold so you can actually fill it but not large enough to make it worth paying to check-in a bag. I only use it for uk holidays now.

Eastpak Tranverz S K661 - 49 cm