5.0 out of 5 stars My shoulders hurt from all the slinkingl
Two disclaimers first off, I had never actually heard of Caro Emerald before I bought this album and I don't like Jazz
(It bodes well doesn't it ha ha)

I bought this as album of the week as a risk and boy has it paid off. It trasnforms me to a smokey American underground bar during prohibition - and if an album can do that then it has to be good...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing
I expected more. Can not be compared with the previous CD - as a matter of fact sounds like the recycled pale copy of the previous work...
Published 14 months ago by Ivan Djordjevic

‹ Previous | 1 2 377 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars CARO EMERALD, 31 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (Audio CD)
Caroline Esmeralda van der Leeuw (born 26 April 1981), best known by her stage name of Caro Emerald, is a Dutch pop and jazz singer. She debuted on 6 July 2009 with her single "Back It Up". Her 2009 single "A Night Like This" reached the number 1 position in the Netherlands.

Her debut album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor set a new all-time Dutch chart record on 20 August 2010, spending its 30th week at number one on the country's albums chart, beating the previous record set by Michael Jackson's Thriller by one week.[1] The album became the biggest selling album of 2010 in the Netherlands and has sold over 300,000 copies so far. In total more than a million copies have been sold. On 3 October 2010, Van der Leeuw was awarded the Dutch music prize "Edison Award" for Best Female Artist.[2]

In April 2013, her second studio album The Shocking Miss Emerald went to No. 1 in the UK album chart, becoming her first UK No. 1 album.[3]

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to sing or dance to, 26 Feb 2014
or in my case, spend the afternoon singing, jiggling in my seat and lightening the mood of typing fault reports for pot holes. Cheered me up no end, and it has been on pretty much permanent play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (Audio CD)
Amazing singer and songs. Sort of jazzy but not as serious! Would thoroughly recommend it. Everyone I've played it to love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Fabulous, 14 Jan 2014
Wonderful music, Bought this for my mum for Christmas but now have to buy it for my neice as she love it too. There you go, loved by all ages 8 to 80!

5.0 out of 5 stars More atmospheric Miss Emerald, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (Audio CD)
Having really enjoyed her first album I bought this as one of my wife's Christmas presents and pleased to say we both love it. It's not as musically varied as as "Deleted Scenes" but the lyrics are just as superb. Like "D.S" there are great Argentine Tango and Quickstep tunes for those dancers who like that kind of thing - we do!! Once again the music manages to blend styles from the 40's and 50's with more recent techniques which works better than you might expect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 25 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (Audio CD)
Speedy deliver, also went straight to my kindle for instant listening.

Bit disappointed as not as good as her 'Deleted scenes from the cutting room floor' CD

3.0 out of 5 stars 2nd album syndrome, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (Audio CD)
whether it was the unique quality of her first album but this 2nd album has not had the instant appeal, having said that the more I listen the more it is growing on me.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay!, 3 Oct 2013
Chunky1234 (Reading. Berks.) - See all my reviews
Saw her live at the Roundhouse, bought the first album and had high hopes for the second. Unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations I am afraid, sorry Caro!

3.0 out of 5 stars bit samey, 1 Oct 2013
Isy "Is" (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
I decided to buy this album as I had heard a few tracks on the radio. I like it but by the end I got a bit fed up of her voice. The songs are good though and it is good to listen to in the car.

‹ Previous | 1 2 377 | Next ›

The Shocking Miss Emerald
The Shocking Miss Emerald by Caro Emerald (Audio CD - 2013)