5.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book
Good book to keep for reference. Enjoyable and easy to read. Learned a few things I didn't know about nutrition and exercise. Would recommend to anyone wishing to make a lifestyle change.
Published 11 months ago by acavinue

3.0 out of 5 stars too basic for people who have read health books before and too annoying at times giving you irrelevant facts.
too basic for people who have read health books before and too annoying at times giving you irrelevant facts. good to have, but not a must.
Published 7 months ago by Tatyana Lazareva

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, a book that due to extensiveness of information deserves your time, 2 Jan. 2014
"The Body Book" written by famous actress Cameron Diaz is one of the many books on various diets that were published at the end of previous year, when all of us are counting many calories we have put into our body past holiday days and bring New Year's resolutions that precisely this year we'll finally solve the problem of overweight.

Of several books on the subject read I already wrote reviews, and to this one I was mostly attracted due to its author, curious what about this subject has to say an actress whose body for many years manages to resist aging, while she still maintains a youthful appearance.
I'll be honest I was expecting a classic "picture book" kind of book such are typically released by well-known actors or singers, but to my surprise there are very small number of photos inside, and instead the author and her team offered a range of useful information on its three hundred pages.

Cameron intended her book solely for women, that is evident from the start when with a large font she addresses to women while explaining the reasons why she wrote her book - wanting to share with readers exciting experiences that brought great joy and fulfillment, like when you eat something delicious you turn to the person next to you and give a bite to try.
That is the way author feels about her book, being able to provide information about our bodies and nutrition that she used in her everyday living, the things that make her feel excited and joyous due to the ability to teach readers how to feed yourself both nutritiously and deliciously.

She divided her book into three main parts - first one about nutrition where she discusses all the nutrients in the food that are helpful and those that should be reduced to a minimum amount, or avoided such as HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup), cheap and unhealthy substitute for sugar; in second part she speaks about importance of fitness providing many information why on a daily basis we need to keep ourselves in good shape together with some training essentials; on last part she offers advices how to strengthen your brain, improve your self-esteem because every decision of any change must be driven with reason and faith that it can be carried out no matter how difficult it seems.

What I liked the most in this book is that author didn't set any goals to be reached in a week, month or a year, not a quick fixes but instead offering useful information that are forever to use, enabling reader to gain sharper mind, a body that can fulfill the actions you dream for it, and, most importantly, the confidence that will arise as a result of all the above.

Therefore I can say that this book was a pleasant surprise that due to extensiveness of its information deserves your time, especially in this New Year time, when we are making a lot of big decisions. Who knows, maybe this book can help that this year we adhere to these decisions more than a New Year's Eve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Kindle Edition)
One of the best booked I've bought. Its a lifestyle change book not a quick fix and that's the best part about it. Its very well written and is a pleasure to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Informative and Motivating, 3 Jan. 2014
Loved this book, which I preordered to motivate me in the New Year. You can tell Cameron is enthusiastic about what she's writing and she makes me want to make healthier choices. There are no plans or prescriptions - just backed-up advice. Really like this book and would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone interested in healthy living, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Kindle Edition)
I have always been a big fan of Cameron Diaz as I find her to be an inspiration in comparison to other Hollywood celebrities more interested in being photographed falling out of a club than living a healthy lifestyle. Cameron's book doesn't disappoint. It is broken up into 3 sections: nutrition, fitness and mind. The first section explains about various different foods and how they affect your body (warning: it will put you off processed food for life!). The second section explains about how your body works and how it is affected by being active/inactive. I read this book on the train to work and after reading the fitness section, I was so motivated to get off the train and get moving! The main message is that we are not active enough any more as we have so many modern conveniences in day-to-day life that we don't need to wash our clothes by hand, etc. The book tries to explain that we should use this to our advantage and, because we can throw everything in the washing machine and press a button, we should be using this time to get out and run or go to the gym, rather than sitting on the sofa watching TV.
The third section is about using your mind to maintain your healthy lifestyle and that being healthy or unhealthy is, essentially, a decision that we are free to make and so we really have no excuse. The book provides tips on how to be organised and take your own home-prepared food to work so you can make healthy choices and do not have to grab something unhealthy because of the convenience.
Over all, it is a very good book and provided me with the right knowledge and motivation I needed to start living a more healthy lifestyle. As the book explains, it is not a quick fix if you are trying to lose weight, but more of a wake up call to change your lifestyle as well as listening to your body's needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Body Book (Kindle Edition)
I love this book. Not only did it make me like Cameron Diaz more, but I learned so much!! I sincerely wish I had this in my twenties, but I have to start somewhere. For me it is my inspiration and motivation to be more healthy and active. I like how she goes into the details of why and how we use our bodies and how our diet and movement effect it or not as the case may be. Easy to read with diagrams and pictures for ease of reference. She includes personal experiences and references too.

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best healthy living book I have read, 2 May 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Paperback)
Cameron Diaz fills this book with the enthusiasm you see her deliver on-screen. You can tell this is something she is very passionate about and she has done a lot of research. I'm a fitness addict so knew a lot of this information before but I've lent the book to many of my friends to reinforce the messages I have been giving them verbally. They love the book and have made many healthy changes off the back of it. Can't recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing book, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Kindle Edition)
This book was hard to put down. If your wanting to change your health, lose weight or just find out how your body works then I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its so inspiring., 5 April 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Paperback)
This book has helped me find the inspiration to lose weight. The fact that it explains so well why certain types of food are so high in calories with no nutrition value is an eye opener. I always wondered how skinny people manage to survive on so little, but it's because of what they eat. High fiber meals full of nutrition is the way to go. I loved it and it has helped me understand better my body and what I eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Paperback)
What's not to love about Cameron Diaz? She's awesome! Really interesting, thoughful book. Thanks Cam :)

The Body Book