4.0 out of 5 stars Great tips for building and refining my TEDx talk
I bought this book as I was preparing to give a TEDx talk. It has some great advice and I used a number of the suggestions to really hone my talk. As a result I now have 2 more TEDx talks scheduled, including the largest TEDx event in the world, and will be using the techniques to further refine my content allowing me to give the talk of my life and share my idea...
Published 20 months ago by Alastair

The book gives you some basic techniques how to deliver a speech.
For a dummie speaker the book can be heldful.
If you have any experience at all with presenting techniques and delivering a speech this book will bring you nothing new.

So only for new unexperienced speakers.
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tips for building and refining my TEDx talk, 14 May 2013
This review is from: How to Deliver a Great TED Talk: Presentation Secrets of the World's Best Speakers (How to Give a TED Talk Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The book has some tips that don't necessarily apply to TED talks and are more associated with longer speeches. This is slightly off topic but is actually some great added value.

Great book- I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, clear, useful, 27 April 2013
I loved how easy it was to read. Clear, points easy to read and understand.
Great points of different parts of making a great speech.
Telling a story. Strong beginning. Sticky ends and 'how to'

I will buy it and gift it, as soon as paper copy is also available and recommend it wide.
Already, my Facebook friends downloaded it and thanked me for it.

Concise, it is not 'tell all' but what she does, it is clearly and greatly done.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cornerstone to your talk., 15 April 2013
Book Review of "How to give the perfect TED talk"- Presentation Secrets of the World's Best Speakers by Akash Karia

This book gives you the SUCCESs checklist for creating a presentation of impact just like some of the most powerful TED talks.
The corner stones of the book are:
* Keep it Simple
* Illuminate the Unexpected
* Concentrate your message
* Make it Credible
* Share your self through Stories.
It is a simplified model of the TED commandments, but is a powerful model that can be used in every single presentation scenario especially in the business context for getting your idea across and making it stick. Beneath the cornerstones is a wonderful road map that will allow even a simple novice to compile, construct, write and deliver a powerful life changing talk.
As a TED speaker trainer, I highly recommend this to book to anyone aspiring to deliver at this level.
If you are interested in grabbing a copy for yourself.
Take care,
Deepak
[...]
[...]

2.0 out of 5 stars No novelties, basic suggestions not for a speaker that has already some experience, 6 Feb. 2014
The book gives you some basic techniques how to deliver a speech.
For a dummie speaker the book can be heldful.

So only for new unexperienced speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a friend, 28 Dec. 2013
I bought this book for a friend who does a lot of talks and is always looking for new ideas. TED talks are great - I watch them a lot so I hope the book is just as good

4.0 out of 5 stars The talking man's magician!, 8 July 2013
What a great book, full of wisdom and lots of practical examples. Concepts were easy to grasp and understand and I'm sure will aid any budding presenter in building up their confidence. A must have read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Presentation Guide, 13 Aug. 2014
Great Book , helped me with a presentation I delivered. I was recommended to buy the book , and it helped massively