Nokia CC-3068 Clip-On Hard Shell Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 520 - Red
Style Name: Nokia Lumia 520Colour Name: RedChange
Price:£2.75+£1.99shipping

There is actually not a great deal to say about this *perfect* product that has not already (probably) been written here by others..

In a nutshell then:

1. It's an 100% official case.
2. It fits my Nokia Lumia 635 like a GLOVE. Perfect.
3. The colour is that "Hi-Vis" stlye "day-glo" yellowy-green. Striking and stylish!
4. It is NOT a "gel" style case / cover - there's not much "give" to it. It does feel somewhat "slippery" in your hand as a result.

I purchased this having only had the choice of the (comparatively outright DULL!) black / matt case / cover when I got the phone itself from EE last week (January, 2015). The only other colour they had available was the green - but having seen that in the flesh, it didn't sit right with me.

The in-store advisor alerted me to the existence of these official ones though - and I'm absolutely thrilled with the "yellow" one. It has transformed the phone from looking "decent" to something extremely stylish and on a par with anything else on the market. Seriously.

The ONLY (slight) criticism I would make is that it is not entirely clear that this is NOT (as far as I'm concerned) a protective cover, as such.

Don't get me wrong - it DOES protect your phone, of course. However, it is really nothing more than a replacement BACK / cover for the phone - i.e. it doesn't slip over the whole phone - you need to remove your existing back cover - and then replace that with this.

I was personally fully aware of this when buying, but it sounds like some people on here have missed this and were expecting some kind of *extra* gel style cover / sleeve - when in actual fact that is not the case.

I hope this helps. Providing you're looking for (and expecting) a "Lolly-pop lady" style hi-viz yellow, you will be chuffed with this gem of a cover, trust me. Buy with complete confidence!

John.
on 5 July 2014
This cover for the Nokia Lumia 630/635 is Gorgeous!

I think its mainly for the Lumia 635 because Nokia set aside that the Lumia 630 (not 4G) has a matte orange, yellow, green back cover; and they set aside that the Lumia 635 (4G) has a glossy orange, yellow, green back cover.

However, despite the various colour choices, I wanted the Yellow back cover. I expected it to be matte, but the glossy finish looks much better. The rim of the cover has a "luminescent" "neon" colour, which looks great against the glossy yellow back.
It is a bit harder to take off because of the extra rigidness the glossy finish gives; But I won't be taking it off for another colour anytime soon.

Matte VS Glossy, Glossy wins hands down!
on 26 April 2014
I rarely write Amazon reviews, but wanted to leave a post for this product as a number of comments have made less than positive points about this being a protective cover. It's not - it's a replacement snap back for the phone, which means you can personalise it to a vibrant colour of your choice - I love it, and it personalises my phone while at the same time brightening it up - can't fault the quality (it's official Nokia) and it clips easily to the Lumia 625 ... does what it says on the tin, and while it may appear pricey, in my view is worth every penny !!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a good shell case for your 630 if you fancy changing over to yellow. It is very bright with the sides slightly more so.

It is a perfect fit as one would expect form a case made by Nokia' for a Nokia' however I've dropped a star because fitting this case meant it wouldn't fit in it's wallet holder any more. The green and orange cases I have access to fit no problem and fit inside the wallet case no problem but for some reason the yellow adds slightly more bulk. I'm glad the other reviewer has experienced this as it suggests to me that is how it is made rather than a faulty one.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 November 2014
After having previously purchased a white battery back cover/shell case cover for my 630, which was of a matt finish, I thought I would purchase the other colours as its quite refreshing to have a different colour phone from one week to the next.

I use a Membrane flip cover as an extra protection for my phone as I prefer having no screen protector on, and the white battery cover still allowed the 630 to fit into the Membrane flip cover perfectly just like the original matt black shell case/battery cover.

Sadly, the orange and yellow covers I have purchased (and they are genuine Nokia) do not allow the phone to fit inside the flip cover any more, which I am gutted about. I'm more likely to snap the phone than I am getting the phone in the Membrane cover now. The orange and yellow gloss covers do seem to add bulk and whereas the Membrane flip case/cover has been designed to precision fit the matt black and white covers, there is no leeway for the gloss covers.
on 18 February 2013
I got this for my girlfriend as she has a rather nasty habit of continually dropping her phones (her last nexus s looked like it had been run over by big foot).

So far I have counted 6 drops, 3 of which were onto concrete, not a scratch or crack in sight so far, which is testament to the quality of the phone as well as the case. I also happen to think that Nokia make much more solid phones than Samsung so I'd hope the 820 holds up better.

She also likes yellow, so added bonus :)
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 November 2013
The description really should say "replacement back", because that's what this is. In that sense, it's not "protective" as the description says... this phone REALLY REALLY needs a total coverage case with some grip, as this phone is very slippy.
As such, this isn't really much use.
I returned this replacement back, and bought this which although a drab black, is great:
Amzer Hybrid Case Nokia Lumia
on 30 January 2015
From the onset, when I got the Nokia CC-3079 Shell Case Cover for my Nokia Lumia 630 smartphone I was really pleased to see what was sent to me. It was exactly as described it would be on the Amazon site!

I decided to get the illuminous green shell cover as I generally like the physical appearance of it as well as the sleekness and gloss of the phone shell.

As from the day I ordered this product I was apprehensive thinking wether or not the item would be sent to my home address by the delivered date as stated it would.
However I was very pleased when this product was delivered to me as the date estimated it would arrive did not yet past and therefore I had this product days before the estimated date was expected.

Unfortunately, a couple of months after having this product I had accidently dropped my Nokia 630 smartphone one day, however all was well as it did not break or shatter and was luckily to still have it working in perfect condition as it should do.

Though the only thing that slightly disappointed me was that after I had dropped my phone the shell case cover was slightly grazed at the side and now leaves as a result a few tiny scuffed mark.

Although that has not majorly damaged the appearance of the shell case cover and still looks quite newly purchased.

As a result, I recommend any user wanting to buy this product to do so as it was my first time buying from Amazon / Nokia & Deal Zone when I purchasing this product and as a result when I received this product was really pleased with what was sent to me and therefore look forward to look for more colours of selection to purchase again.
on 23 August 2014
its the real deal and the delivery is fast.
Thats all you need to know oh and it fits better than the original cover and makes the 520 look more expesive than it is.
a bargin.
i was worreid as Aamazon is flooded with cheep hong kong knock offs (shame on Amazon)
but this is quality stuff.
mty advsie to anyone wishing to avoid them always look at the sellers info if there address is in singapore etc avoid and if there is no adress provided avoid.
on 24 February 2014
I could not believe that this was a Nokia product, flimsy and poor plastic strength that when you handle it feels very weak in its manufacture, I did intend to return this to Amazon but in fairness to Amazon they told me not to bother and they refunded me very quickly.