5.0 out of 5 stars Another great assassins creed
Published 8 months ago by CJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous games
There's something about this game that doesn't grip me like previous Assassin's Creeds.
I'm not a fan of having to go everywhere by boat and upgrading it. It feels to me more like a pirates games rather than an Assassins Creed
Published 5 months ago by G. Hesp

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great assassins creed, 23 Nov 2013
CJ (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've been a huge fan since the very first assassin's creed came out - each time they have added a little more to the game, and this has continued in "black flag". Think of the last game crossed with pirates of the Caribbean and you won't be far off. There is much heavier emphasis on sea battles, and there are dozens of small islands to sail around as you build up your crew and upgrade your ship, weapons, armour, and even your own island. Warning - if you thought the last game took up a chunk of your life - the map is HUGE. Hours have literally disappeared whilst playing this, and it will take me a long time before I get bored...if that ever happens at all. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins creed 4, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Plays well on PC, seems better optimised than previous releases.
Good fps, amazing graphics. Much more interesting gameplay than AC3. Better story, and incredible sea battles.
Running on fx6100 and hd6870.
BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 23 Nov 2013
J. O. Lennox - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Graphics are beautiful, incredibly photorealistic when maxed out on my system. Runs really well and the addition of fighting with ships makes an incredibly fun addition to the series... love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous games, 9 Feb 2014
G. Hesp (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the series, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I loved playing this and have no finished the storyline. This arrived on the day of release, promptly and without fuss. ++amazon points.

***SPOILER*** My one criticism is that this game does not base itself around the Assassins hardly at all during the game. It focuses on the main protagonist and his personal lifetime story. Whilst this is a spectacular game with many different game mechanics to keep you entertained, I hope that the next game returns it's focus to the Assassins vs templars segment.

4.0 out of 5 stars less than 30 a bargin for a great game, 26 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
It took two days to be delivered via first class from amazon

I have an i7@3.5 16gb RAM and a geforce gtx 680. I have set all the graphics to maximum except god rays and the game looks and plays really well. At sea the waves look real as does the water in ponds and at the sea shore

The game play on land is similair but better than AC 2, I did not play AC 3.

I am about 15 hours into the game and an really enjoying it

well worth 29 which was via the Amazon lowest price promise for pre-orders

This is better than Bioshock and Dishonoured. It is as addictive as Skyrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, 28 Nov 2013
L. Burgess "l_eeburgess" (Bristol, Avon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
What an utterly brilliant game. I have played it now for around 45 hours and I honestly have no interest in any other game. I'm spoilt for choice at the moment too, just can't drag myself away from it. I cannot recommend this game highly enough and its worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is my first Assassin's Creed and I love the game, by far one of the best of 2013. Love the pirate setting and the graphics look amazing. Stories Great, Online's Great, Free-running's great! Be aware that you do need a powerful system to run it maxed out, I just push 30fps at 1080p. Anyone who likes open world games should buy this now.

i5 2570k
8GB Ram
EVGA GTX 660 SC 3GB

3.0 out of 5 stars It serves as a decent Assassin's Creed game, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
If you expected this game to be a massive explanatory piece of the story, then you're wrong. It's just another filler. The gameplay is absolutely the best out of the AC series, but the story lets it down, with a disappointing ending. By disappointing, I mean the game ends too soon. So to sum up, it's worth the price for the gameplay, but don't expect the story to be any good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I would say this is the best game I have played this year. Bugs are very few and far between for me, but I am comparing that to BF4 tho!!

I hated AC3 with its muddled story and generally found the whole thing a bore. This is not AC3!

The sandbox opens up quick in AC4 and If you think being a pirate might be fun the you should buy this game. All kinds of things to do I barely started the story before writing this review because I spent most of my time exploring and upgrading my new found pirate ship! Its just good fun.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC DVD) by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
23.75