Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.29

on 27 May 2013
Little letters is the brilliant new album from Welsh duo Sarah Howells and Richard Llewellyn. Paper Aeroplanes have been described as one of the best up and coming UK bands in 2013 and it's not too hard to understand why. From the instantly catchy and uptempo "Red Rover", When the Windows Shook" and "Palm of your hand" and the title track "Little Letters" through to the the heartfelt ballands of "Multiple Love", "At the Altar" and the beautiful "Silence the bells", "Sleeper Train" and "Fable", it has something for everyone. The feel of the album will remind you of the The Sundays, Cranberries, Corrs, KT Tunstall, Amy McDonald, Florence and the Machine and Fleetwood Mac, but Paper Aeroplanes have a unique sound. With excellent heartfelt song writing from both Richard and Sarah and vocals to die for, this is an album that you will love more on every play.

Paper Aeroplanes have a fantastic back catalogue, so please check out "The day we ran into the sea" and the "We are ghosts" albums as well. The "Time to be" EP (currently a steal at £2) is also worth buying. Most of their music is on the Paper Aeroplanes website. If you want to hear the full version of the songs first, rather than a short clip on Amazon (which often doesn't do the song justice) head there first. The website also has some videos of their live performances. On the videos you may recognise one of my favourite double bass players, John Parker (one half of Nizlopi), who also played on the album.

They are also amazing live, please go and see them as I did, if they gig near you.
Highly Recommended.
on 13 May 2013
Paper Aeroplanes latest release, Little Letters, is their most accomplished and rounded album to date. Sarahs voice lends itself beautifully to the songs she and Richard write together, that say so many of the things we feel in a way that most can't express. If you like folk music, don't hesitate to buy this. All the years of touring and releasing their music has culminated in a brilliant and polished album.

Do yourself a favour and find a quiet room, and listen.
on 7 August 2013
For me this is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time which catches a particular time in your life as its one that you play, and you play and you play and you never seem to get tired of it. This will always remind me of the hot summer days of 2013. This is definately their best album to date for me there is at least 4 excellent tracks and the rest are really good which is very rare as normaly you have one tune on an album that you really like and then the rest just make up space and are just mediocre.
This album is alot punchier than "The day we ran into the sea" although I ,liked a couple of tunes on that album the quality production music lyrics are just better on "little letters. What makes this better than the other albums is that you connect with the lyrics/ music than on previous albums. We just enjoy Sarah Howell's haunting/melancholy vocals and oviously Richard Llewellyn can play which is a rare thing these days so the music is well written played and sung. Its well produced and its my find of the year
So if you like good easy listening music you cant get any better than this.
on 13 May 2013
The latest album from Paper Aeroplanes and this should be the one that thrusts them into the limelight! The same beautiful vocals as previously with wonderful lyrics but now with a 'proper band' backing them up. It sounds great. Buy it, you will not be disappointed!
on 13 May 2013
Bought the CD whilst at their gig. They were brilliant live, and all of their CD's are special too. The songs are memorable and the singing clear and lovely. This album is slightly "louder" in places than previous ones but this is good I think. Sarah Howells also sings with Al Lewis on his Cd's, (he was at the gig too) and if you like this then you may like his music too.
on 22 October 2013
Discovered paper aeroplanes whilst looking for new music to listen to and only wish I'd have found them sooner - what a great little band I love them and their music and now have bought all their albums lol this album is wonderful and I will continue to listen to it for ever haha very very good - buy it ;))
on 12 March 2014
Another fantastic album from Paper Aeroplanes. Little Letters, Red Rover and Circus are particular favourites of mine, but all of the tracks on the album are very good. It's hard to describe the genre of Paper Aeroplanes because they are so unique. I would describe them as folk-pop, with some tracks having a harder/rockier edge. The lyrics are heartfelt, the melodies catchy. If you get the chance to see them live don't hesitate, they are truly fantastic performers, conveying such a passion in their craft.
on 18 August 2013
I just love this album, which keeps on giving on every single listen. So many beautiful songs. I feel like I could listen over and over again and never get tired of it. Buy it!
on 18 July 2013
I love this band. Having seen them live in Oxford a few months ago I immediately bought this and their other two albums, The Day We Ran Into The Sea, and We Are Ghosts. There are many good young bands and artists around these days, and this band is my favourite amongst them. Great tunes, lovely harmonies and thoughtful lyrics, when at a loose end Paper Aeroplanes is who I switch on.
on 24 May 2013
I thought their debut was excellent but wasn't quite as impressed with their second album, but with Little Letters, Sarah and Richard are right back on track with their usual great songwriting and nice arrangements with distinct melodies making a welcome return.

Go and see them live, a great night out.

An excellent album, with nice variation.