5.0 out of 5 stars Odd but in a good way.
Published 5 months ago by Jane

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown!!
Watch arrived this morning and I'm a little disappointed. Firstly,
1) the strap is not leather as some have suggested
2) It is not black (as in the description) but brown
3) It did not come in a box as someone mentioned but simply wrapped in bubblewrap (which kinda through the whole gift idea into chaos)
But for under £10, I am not really going to...
Published 9 months ago by J. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Odd but in a good way., 16 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Russian Men Army Military Steel Leather Dial Analog Quartz Watch Wristwatch (Watch)
I ordered this on a whim for my son who for some reason best known to himself collects watches. It came on time (no pun intended) in padded envolope so I expected the worse. I should not have worried it took at it is solid to say the least. Heavy leather strap for a heavy watch. My son loved it OK it's not the height of fashion but it is solid built and has a Japanised movement and he tells me (Having taken the back off) that is is a good one as well. The strap may or may not be leather but it looks good and seeing as I paid peanuts for this what do you expect?

The instructions were zero but he soon worked out you need to press what looks like a rivet on the face and pull the winder to change just one part of the upper time dial for the hours and just the winder for the lower part. This is a good watch the question remains, how do they even make it for this price?

Is he glad I bought it Yes he is.

Would I say it was a good but? Yes very much so.

4.0 out of 5 stars this is one hugewatch. At least a third wider than anything else ..., 20 Aug. 2014
Make no mistake, this is one huge watch. At least a third wider than anything else I own and twice as thick. If you wear a long sleeved shirt you will have problems fitting the cuff over or under the watch - its that large.

What it is is handsome, with a surprisingly comfortable strap and a nice solid feel. Although the displays are, ironically, smaller than anything else I own they are clear enough to read without any real problems

Arrived in minimal packaging and no instructions, not that you should need any instructions to figure out how to set the time. Some very minor scratching on the face - I purchased the black version - but nothing that bothers me. In fact I think the minor scrapes add a little character to it and they are not really visible unless you look closely.

If you are looking for a somewhat unusual watch at a low price, and you are not too bothered by the large size, this is a very good choice either as a gift or as something for your own collection or use. I'd guess that the strap would be suitable even for kids, although the watch itself is probably a bit too large and clunky for most kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars army watch, 23 Jan. 2014
the watch was very good value for the money and looks very good onyour wrist its a large face watch so bear that inmind keeps perfect time and very unuseaual dont see many around very pleased would recomend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 12 Jan. 2014
Bought for my son and he was very impressed. For the price these are great watches and a little bit unusual. Arrived in a box, some watches I have bought only come in bubble wrap.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown!!, 7 May 2014
J. Smith (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
Watch arrived this morning and I'm a little disappointed. Firstly,
1) the strap is not leather as some have suggested
2) It is not black (as in the description) but brown
But for under £10, I am not really going to grumble about these.
My main gripe is that the face, studs and buckle are "not silver" in colour as the picture would lead you to believe. Mine arrived in a dark, bronze/brown colour which was not what I wanted. It is a nice, unique timepiece all-the-same for the money but I do feel a bit cheated that I didn't get what I thought I was paying for.
Verdict: Not as shown in picture!

4.0 out of 5 stars great item, 28 Jan. 2014
It was great lookin watch which many said looked more expensive Than what it cost and very pleased with it and arrived on time

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 17 Oct. 2014
Lovely looking watch but unfortunately it didn't work.
You had to keep your finger pressed on the crown for it to function. As soon as you removed the pressure, it stopped.
I know it was cheap, but a simple check before packing would have been a good idea.
I'm not convinced the strap was leather either. That didn't bother me so much, but the description does state leather.

Also disappointed that I wasn't offered a replacement watch when I logged the return request. The only option was a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheep and cheerful, 28 Feb. 2014
It's what you would expect for £9.99,saves damaging a good watch while at work.If it lasts a year I will be more than happy..

5.0 out of 5 stars Grwat, 23 Jan. 2014
Solid chunky watch, feels and wears like one costing twenty times the price. Real talking point when its worn. Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality than was expected., 6 Sept. 2014
It is a really nice watch with a good soft leather strap. The watch face it's self as it says in the description is quite large, this is ok for the heavier set guys with broad wrists and big hands like myself and it just looks like a normal watch. Unless you are going for the large watch look then this works just as well as the next and you have 2 dials instead of one.

I had only one issue when I first received the watch which was that the smaller dial would work every now and then, I fixed this by simply moving the battery and never had any issues since. The larger dial also turns anti-clockwise which threw me at first but i found myself just reading the smaller one later on.