Published 1 month ago by andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars Gymboss miniMAX Interval Timer and Stopwatch - YELLOW SOFTCOAT
You can hardly hear the beep tone of this timer and you won't be able to notice the beep when the training interval is over. It's too quite. It's simply useless as you have to constantly get very close to it to figure it out whilst still during the workout. I am very very very disappointed.
Published 14 months ago by Chris Georgakis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars but there's nothing quite like it - I especially like it for timing stretching ..., 6 July 2014
andrew (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gymboss miniMAX Interval Timer and Stopwatch - BLACK / YELLOW SOFTCOAT (Sports)
I have been using the 1st/simpler version of the Gymboss for years - seems simple, but there's nothing quite like it - I especially like it for timing stretching routine but also for all sorts of timed exercises. This new version is an improvement because I can now save a whole series of interval programs rather than having to reset the Gymboss each time I want to use a new interval setting (I time different kinds of intervals every day!). As a user of the 1st gymboss, I found this more complex version a bit tricky to program at first - there is a new SET button between the arrow buttons on the top - easy to miss this button because the button strip is all the same colour and it does not look like a button. However once the people at Gymboss told me where to find the SET button (which gives you access to a new menu system that the old gymboss does not have) it is easy enough to set up. Actually, setting it up does take a bit of learning, but it's worth the effort and once learned it's easy. Thanks for the upgrade Gymboss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible?, 4 April 2014
"What could be making all that noise in the tumble-dryer?" I thought. "S***"!!" I remarked, as it dawned on me that it was my fairly pricey new interval timer. Not only had I dried my timer at 40 degrees for 90 minutes, I had also given it a nice wash for 3 hours on the stains cycle. Still, I fished it out, let the battery cool down and it worked as good as new! I was very pleased. It is also an excellent timer. The mild complexity of programming it is worth it. It's especially good for helping you keep fit in parks, hotel rooms, beaches etc when you're away from your base.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Timer, 4 Jun 2014
Use one for Judo randori and tabata work outs. Highly recommended to all sports people and fitness fanatics. Valve for money

5.0 out of 5 stars *****Perfect for interval training,*****, 6 Aug 2014
Excellent piece of kit. Took a little bit of time understanding the set up, but once mastered, flew through the interval timings that I wanted and began HIIT. For those who do interval training, it's essential to concentrate on the form of your exercises and then let the gymboss do the timings automatically.

Cons: the initial set up can be time consuming and fidly, but gymboss website and YouTube helps.

Pros: perfect for people who interval train. Small enough to carry or wear. Loud enough to alert next interval. Multiple settings for more complex intervals.

I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very helpful piece of kit for doing ..., 19 July 2014
This is a very helpful piece of kit for doing circuits or repetitive exercises at the gym.
My only gripe is that the instructions that are supplied are written in extremely small print and are not very intuitive to follow.
I'm lucky in that my PT at the gym knows how to set up the Gymboss. Otherwise it would be 5-stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ter, 29 April 2014
Great timer, had the old one and this is much better with more options, into fitness then you need this!

5.0 out of 5 stars really handy piece of kit, 28 April 2014
I bought the following item as a present and it has worked really well. If you do buy it make sure you spend time getting to know the different aspects of the timer.
We have used it for Tabitha training and for boxing training very effectively.
Alarm is loud enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Workout Mate, 31 Mar 2014
After reading other reviews decided to get this. Bleeper loud enough but initially tricky to set up. Overall a good product

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Travelling WODS, 26 Mar 2014
Karl Lankford - See all my reviews
Ideal product for travelling WODS. I fly around a lot with work, so having a tiny interval timer is fantastic for Crossfit on the move. it has a loud beep and a very strong vibration so you can feel the intervals in a noisy gym.

Really great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit., 26 Mar 2014
The Gymboss miniMAX can be setup to time pretty much any sequence of intervals. For one of my workouts I use a 30,30rest,60,60rest,90,90rest,60,60rest,90,90rest,60,60rest,30 sequence which the Gymboss handles with no problem. Setting up simple tabata etc is also no problem. I find the interface ok though a little confusing to begin with, but its not too bad.

The Gymboss miniMAX is a no gimmicks, highly capable interval timer and stopwatch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›