on 7 December 2013
Brought the book as I thought it would give another insight on the Elvis story. However it was too documented and rather boring so I put it away after a few chapters. Not recommended albeit a cheap buy!
on 3 July 2013
I treated myself to a kindle because I find reading print in books difficult due to my eyesight problems. Not knowing if the kndle would work for me, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on books. I've always loved Elvis and finding a book with a different slant on his life from others I have read, at a reasonable price, I was very pleased. I don't spend hours on end reading, but I am enjoying the book very much. We hear so much of his life after becoming well known, it is refreshing to hear from people who knew him and his family before fame and fortune hit.
on 21 April 2013
Have read quite a few books on Elvis but this book makes me admire him more. I feel I had a glimpse into the real Elvis by those
who really knew him. Every Elvis fan should read it. Excellent!
on 6 November 2013
Given the zillions of words written to cash in on Elvis' legacy,
this one succeeds quite well. Intimate and believable.
on 4 July 2013
I consider this to be a frank and truthful account of what really took place and to have the memories of what are known as 'ordinary' folk is delightful rather than 'stars' or 'hangers on' from whom we have already heard so much conflicting views.

Everyone who loved Elvis should read it.
on 30 June 2013
this book about elvis is a very good book , it tells some good stories about the king , I would recommend this to all elvis fans , and very prompt delivery as well
on 6 July 2013
THIS WAS BOUGHT AS A GIFT FOR A FAMILY MEMBER AND THEY LOVED IT.
THEY HAVE BEEN AN ELVIS FAN FOREVER, AND SO I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE AN IDEAL PRESENT.
on 11 August 2013
I read this book but all the while looking for something really interesting to turn up! Maybe I was looking for more scandalous happenings!
on 19 August 2013
A mish mash of well known facts presented in a haphazard way. No Elvis fan will appreciate this drivel. Keep your dish in your pocket
on 20 July 2013
Not a lot here that we didn't already know, but interesting enough all the same.too long and winded for my liking.